Star Wars the Force Unleashed Ultimate Sith Edition PS3 $39.99 YMMV Wal-Mart

Muthafodder

Banned
I found some of these in my local area a few months back for $39.99...found four in one store.

I check back on their website frequently in case more come in stock by chance.

I tried to enter random zip codes for border states and others and was surprised to find quite a few locations showing stock.

If you've been looking for this out of print game, it wouldn't hurt to try your zip.

Here are some random zip codes I tried using Wal-Marts stock finder.
Louisiana 71401 (two location showing in stock)
New Hampshire 03241 (one location showing in stock)
Delaware 19905 (two locations in stock)
Georgia 37407 (one location in stock & 30 miles from Chatanooga)
Tennessee 38302 (one location 30 miles from Jackson)
North Carolina 23505 (one location 40 miles form Norfolk, VA)

I picked 5 zip codes at random just now and three of those showed stock.
I would advise against calling the stores.
EDIT - Still finding more...

This website is nice to look-up zip codes in your area, easier to use than the USPS website.

There are none in my area, I just wanted to give an FYI that they are still to be found in the wild...hopefully your area :)

It's also worth noting that just because it lists your store doesn't exactly mean they have it in stock. There were two by me about 2 months ago but no copies were to be found after scouring them both everywhere I could think to look. I'd ask an employee in a normal store, but hey, it is Wal-Mart.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Damn, theres one in Littleton NH but it would be a two hour drive for me.[/QUOTE]

It's probably not worth it. WM's stock locator just means that their computers did not scan one (or more) as having been sold. That one copy could be anywhere. It might be sitting right there on the shelves where it should be or it could have been stolen, it could be sitting under some cat litter, it could have been flushed down a toilet... who knows? WM is a complete mess when it comes to older games.

Yeah, if you do call after finding it online, I would give them the sku# or item number instead of trying to explain this particular version to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
A while back, I looked up a bunch of Walmarts along I-95 and stopped at 3 or 4 on my way down, trying to find this game. None of them had it. Their stock checker is absolute crap. This is not a deal because none of those stores will actually have the game. Nobody does.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Yeah, if you do call after finding it online, I would give them the sku# or item number instead of trying to explain this particular version to them.

I can't find my receipt, but found an old photo, but I can't quite make out the number of the receipt.

I'm looking for the original picture on my camera so I can zoom in.[/QUOTE]

That won't do it either because they're going to look it up on the computer too and they'll see the same thing we do.

Unless the employee confirms that he has it in his/her hand, I wouldn't bother.

[quote name='Vinny']That won't do it either because they're going to look it up on the computer too and they'll see the same thing we do.[/QUOTE]

I see...

Just found the number though:

[quote name='Vinny']It's probably not worth it. WM's stock locator just means that their computers did not scan one (or more) as having been sold. That one copy could be anywhere. It might be sitting right there on the shelves where it should be or it could have been stolen, it could be sitting under some cat litter, it could have been flushed down a toilet... who knows? WM is a complete mess when it comes to older games.[/QUOTE]

I know, I'm still kicking myself for when my Bestbuy had a few of these left. I wanted one but didn't have the money at the time.

yeah i hate to poop on the parade, but i have spent many a day trekking to wal-marts in VA, south NJ, and PA after this popped up on the wal-mart store finder. none of them had them in stock. one in fact laughed when they asked what i was digging through the games for once because they said people call all the time asking for the ultimate sith game and they had not seen it for months.

[quote name='takotchi']A while back, I looked up a bunch of Walmarts along I-95 and stopped at 3 or 4 on my way down, trying to find this game. None of them had it. Their stock checker is absolute crap. This is not a deal because none of those stores will actually have the game. Nobody does.[/QUOTE]

The stock checker is the only reason I was persistent enough to find the game at Walmart, of course I got mine last year (it's been that price for quite a while).

The stores that showed it as in stock with their online inventory checker didn't have them out in the video game aisle.. but after giving one of the employees the UPC he checked on their computer, which revealed that they had 2 in stock. He pulled it out from the back of the store.

If it does list it in stock, make sure to do what I did if you want any luck.. cuz chances are it won't be out in plain sight. It's a bit late to be getting in on this deal though, correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it's been this price for at least a year at walmart?

Last edited by a moderator:
I already picked up 2x 360 and 1x PS3 from wally worlds near me. :D

(one 360 for myself, and 1x 360 and 1xPS3 for friends)

I see both the PS3 and XBox 360 version about 20 miles from me. Are they actually worth driving to purchase? I've only played the second one and thought it was Meh.

There's a listing for 1 in my area but I doubt it's there. Probably a good 45 minute drive away. I'm tempted, but meh...

I really wish Microsoft/Sony/Lucusarts would reprint Star Wars the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith edition, or at least put the Hoth DLC on the PSN store/XBL store. I haven't heard/checked if that piece of DLC is yet available for download.

All I see lately are numerous budget priced/$20 versions of the original game. Would be nice to see a Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits version of Star Wars the Force Unleashed that includes the DLC or a voucher to download it since it is a fairly old game.

Calling and asking them won't get anything done. Also asking an employee if they have anymore means jacksquat. I know, I work there part time(second job). They usually say "whats on the shelf is what we have". But at my Walmart there is a huge open bookcase of games that aren't even out on the floor. Talking older games, and newer games. This is in the backroom/warehouse.

Most employees don't want to go looking in the warehouse, most of them are unorganized messes.

Unfortunately, trying to find this edition late in the game is so very YMMV. I can't recall what the difference was between the PS3 and 360 ultimate editions?? Good luck trying to find it.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']I really wish Microsoft/Sony/Lucusarts would reprint Star Wars the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith edition, or at least put the Hoth DLC on the PSN store/XBL store. I haven't heard/checked if that piece of DLC is yet available for download.

All I see lately are numerous budget priced/$20 versions of the original game. Would be nice to see a Platinum Hits/Greatest Hits version of Star Wars the Force Unleashed that includes the DLC or a voucher to download it since it is a fairly old game.[/QUOTE]

its all on the PSN. i broke down and bought it once I realized that this item is probably out of reach for me.

if anyone wants to prove me wrong and snag me a copy, I'd make it worth your trouble

I snagged a copy of this off ebay awhile back for 50, the guy had it for 60 but he had the "or best offer" option on there and accepted it for my offer of 50. For awhile I had buyer's remorse because a Wal-Mart item locator said that a Wal-Mart 30 miles from me had a copy...but with the price of gas and the value of the time spent I probably ended up with a better deal on Ebay. Now that I'm hearing the Wal-marts don't even have the games, I'm glad I skipped that option.

[quote name='dabamus']Yeah, I found 2 new sealed 360, and one slightly buggered up but still sealed PS3. :D[/QUOTE]

Damn you lol. If you decided to sell them, that's a hella good profit.

I just saw a mint used copy in Gamestop the other day.

The thing is, the basic game was fun, but nothing special. I beat it two years ago and I don't have much urge to go back now for the DLC, especially not for +$40.

[quote name='artrus']its all on the PSN. i broke down and bought it once I realized that this item is probably out of reach for me.

if anyone wants to prove me wrong and snag me a copy, I'd make it worth your trouble[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that the Hoth mission is on PSN. I guess a reprint is probably not going to happen.

I liked the steelbook design and the collector's card is a nice addition. Wish generic steelbook cases were sold like generic dvd cases in stores.

[quote name='Backlash2332x']So basically calling the store isn't good enough, you actually need to go and threaten them into checking the back?[/QUOTE]

I guess it's YMMV. When I bought mine, all I had to do was give the guy the UPC (listed on the walmart site) and he checked the back for me, didn't have to threaten or ask twice.. but I didn't call the store.

I don't think calling the store is a good idea, unless the store that has it listed as in stock is a long drive.. in which case it probably isn't a good idea anyway lol.

[quote name='sunghost']I guess it's YMMV. When I bought mine, all I had to do was give the guy the UPC (listed on the walmart site) and he checked the back for me, didn't have to threaten or ask twice.. but I didn't call the store.

I don't think calling the store is a good idea, unless the store that has it listed as in stock is a long drive.. in which case it probably isn't a good idea anyway lol.[/QUOTE]

Well, I have two stores within a few miles so I guess I'll see if I can get lucky.

If anyone manages to snag an extra sealed PS3 copy I would like to buy one. Been looking for the Sith Edition for awhile with no luck.

Drove to a Wal-Mart 17 miles from the house only to find a complete mess. Their site said they had a PS3 version, but it was no where to be found. After asking an employee, they basically just looked it up online, saw it was supposed to be in stock and told me that the site is wrong a lot of times. They didn't even make an attempt to look for the game.

[quote name='sharpeone']Drove to a Wal-Mart 17 miles from the house only to find a complete mess. Their site said they had a PS3 version, but it was no where to be found. After asking an employee, they basically just looked it up online, saw it was supposed to be in stock and told me that the site is wrong a lot of times. They didn't even make an attempt to look for the game.[/QUOTE]

Did you give him the UPC? If he had entered the UPC into the computer and it showed them having it he couldn't use the "online inventory stock checker is wrong" excuse.

[quote name='sharpeone']Drove to a Wal-Mart 17 miles from the house only to find a complete mess. Their site said they had a PS3 version, but it was no where to be found. After asking an employee, they basically just looked it up online, saw it was supposed to be in stock and told me that the site is wrong a lot of times. They didn't even make an attempt to look for the game.[/QUOTE]

Which Wal-Mart?

[quote name='sunghost']Did you give him the UPC? If he had entered the UPC into the computer and it showed them having it he couldn't use the "online inventory stock checker is wrong" excuse.[/QUOTE]

Gave her the UPC, but she acted as if she had no clue what to do with it. They were worthless.

[quote name='sharpeone']Gave her the UPC, but she acted as if she had no clue what to do with it. They were worthless.[/QUOTE]

Walmart employees - sometimes I wonder if they aren't as bad (or worse) than some of the customers.

Not to keep this pretty much useless thread alive but...

I had used the store locator last summer to try and track down this game and it showed stock at a WM 20 miles away.

So I trekked down there and guess what, no copies to be found. (Even with employee 'help.')

I just checked the store locater now and guess what, that same store is still showing in stock.

Maybe I should take another drive....:roll:

Similar to other people's experiences -- a Wal-Mart in Sandersville, GA showed a copy in stock. I was heading to that town anyway, so I stopped in. The electronics department was empty except for a nice older lady who was working electronics.

She opened up all of the glass cases and both of us scoured through every single game in the case. She then went into the back security room where they keep stock and was back there for almost 30 minutes looking. All-in-all, we looked for well over an hour... no copies were found.

[quote name='LordFlux']Similar to other people's experiences -- a Wal-Mart in Sandersville, GA showed a copy in stock. I was heading to that town anyway, so I stopped in. The electronics department was empty except for a nice older lady who was working electronics.

She opened up all of the glass cases and both of us scoured through every single game in the case. She then went into the back security room where they keep stock and was back there for almost 30 minutes looking. All-in-all, we looked for well over an hour... no copies were found.[/QUOTE]

Damn I was planning on checking on my way to school Tuesday. I guess I still can but this gives me much less hope lol.

I'm at a walmart right now that showed a copy in stock. I asked if they had it and the lady said "whatever we have is in the display" so I responded "I see different games behind games" for some insane reason she accused me of lying and I asked if shed just check it out.

She opened the case snotty as hell and showed me some games, they were different but not what I'm looking for. I asked her if she could search by the UPC then she actually started to yell at me, tell me she's the manager and to not believe things I read online.

WTF?!

[quote name='Ribkage']I'm at a walmart right now that showed a copy in stock. I asked if they had it and the lady said "whatever we have is in the display" so I responded "I see different games behind games" for some insane reason she accused me of lying and I asked if shed just check it out.

She opened the case snotty as hell and showed me some games, they were different but not what I'm looking for. I asked her if she could search by the UPC then she actually started to yell at me, tell me she's the manager and to not believe things I read online.

WTF?![/QUOTE]

That's ridiculous, the walmart site itself instructs you to do this:

To locate this item, show this number to a department associate.

UPC: 0002327299816

[quote name='Ribkage']I'm at a walmart right now that showed a copy in stock. I asked if they had it and the lady said "whatever we have is in the display" so I responded "I see different games behind games" for some insane reason she accused me of lying and I asked if shed just check it out.

WTF?![/QUOTE]

She should be fired, call corporate and complain.

Hmm...looks like I'm gonna do some driving. I actually found 2 PS3 versions of this (and 3 Metroid Prime Trilogy's) at an out of the way Wally World about a month ago. Well, I put in a zip code from not too far away, and it turned up a few stores as having them. Funnily enough, the store that I got mine from has it listed as out of stock (even though their store did show up in the results as having a copy), but the other 3-4 stores have them listed as in stock. I have been to each of these stores within the last 3 months, but I guess I'm gonna have to make anothe round to double-check.

bread's done
Back