$10 off PS3/360 preorders at Newegg

[quote name='newlu']it's a shame that they charge taxes to CA residents[/QUOTE]

It's a shame anyone charges tax to CA residents. =)

'course we're supposed to pay tax anyway for 'Fair Use', but aside from business expenses, who the heck is gonna do that?

very nice find, if it wasn't for amazon giving credits on a lot of preorders id probably take advantage, but since I have to pay tax on newegg and I dont know what the future amazon credits are going to be its hard to make a purchase decision on a preorder.

maybe thats just me idk. Im sure for others (who dont have to pay tax) tho this is going to be a killer deal.

tax is 9.75% where I live, its no joke.

Well I had a 10 dollar gift card for a MIR screw up on newegg so I used that, and this code, to preorder Ar Tonelico on PS3. Really 40 dollars shipped is cheap as im going to find it for awhile and good luck ever finding it on sale...

[quote name='hollowfreak']Bah! I was hoping it'd work on the Ico/Shadow of the Colossus bundle coming up.[/QUOTE]

You know it was pushed back to the end of the year?

[quote name='cRodz']You live on an Eutopia?[/QUOTE]

not sure what you mean exactly by that comment, but no I live in california... tax rates vary by county. I imagine its probably ranging from 8%~10% throughout california, each county decides its own sales tax on top of the california tax.

I live in one of the areas with the higher rate of tax... so businesses in california have to have a system in place to charge you the correct tax rate based on county you reside in for online purchases.

its actually pretty idiotic and I wouldn't have a problem paying it, if it was actually put to a good cause. Politicians shovel money into the fire at an alarming rate and have very little to show for it. TBH a lot of California is pretty much a terrible place to live. I live in one of the nicer areas and its still not that great.

[quote name='husyk']Yakuza 4 for $50, hmm?[/QUOTE]

I think you get $10 in rewards points AND Yakuza 3 for free when you buy Yakuza 4 @ KMart.

[quote name='blindinglights']I think you get $10 in rewards points AND Yakuza 3 for free when you buy Yakuza 4 @ KMart.[/QUOTE]

Link for said deal?

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']You know it was pushed back to the end of the year?[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't. That sucks. Well as long as it's remastered textures and all and not just res'd up I'll be happy. Maybe they'll take the time to add move support as well.

[quote name='husyk']Seems like its in store only, closest one is 12 miles away :bomb:[/QUOTE]

I wish my Kmart was only 12 miles away. The closest one to me is 50+ miles.

[quote name='blindinglights']I wish my Kmart was only 12 miles away. The closest one to me is 50+ miles.[/QUOTE]

Sigh. I knew the Kmarts in my area all shut down so I decided to check the closest... ~200 miles away. *sigh* Come on high speed bullet train!

Does newegg charge when it ships or does it charge when you order the item? I am extremely tempted to pre order the new deus ex from them since it's a confirmed $10 off.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Does newegg charge when it ships or does it charge when you order the item? I am extremely tempted to pre order the new deus ex from them since it's a confirmed $10 off.[/QUOTE]

They charge when the item ships.

Haven't figured out what ima use the credit for. Hopefully I'll think of something before the deal ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thinking of doing Ar Tonelico 3 and Yakuza 4 through this. Just wonder how well they will ship Ar Tonelico 3 and if it will be the limited edition one. Don't want that to come all banged up.

[quote name='mitnosi']Thinking of doing Ar Tonelico 3 and Yakuza 4 through this. Just wonder how well they will ship Ar Tonelico 3 and if it will be the limited edition one. Don't want that to come all banged up.[/QUOTE]

Just so you know, it's one code per account.

[quote name='myke-myke']They charge when the item ships.

Ima use the $10 credit for the Splinter Cell Collection. Always been interested to playing the old Splinter Cells. Coming June, I finally can and in HD w/ trophies.[/QUOTE]

This won't work on the splinter cell collection as that's $39.99 and this is for games $59.99 and up

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just so you know, it's one code per account.[/QUOTE]
OK then just Ar Tonelico. Never ordered anything that size from them, regular games just came in a bubble mailer, and dont want the box to be crushed :p

[quote name='hollowfreak']No, I didn't. That sucks. Well as long as it's remastered textures and all and not just res'd up I'll be happy. Maybe they'll take the time to add move support as well.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me that "end of the year" for Team Ico Collection is just a new placeholder date, as I received emails from Amazon telling me that both that and Sorcery (Move title from Sony's E3 '10 conference) were pushed back to December 31 2011. Both were originally placeholdered for March and I guess it became clear to Amazon that neither was going to make it on time. So there's still hope it'll come sooner :bouncy:

On topic: nice deal, I have a couple of full-retail titles preordered at Amazon that I doubt are going to get $10/$20/etc. credits so this should save me a little money.

Works only once BTW. Make sure you pick something that Amazon is unlikely to discount. I went with Portal 2 for 49.99 on the PS3 since it includes the PC version as well... gives me the option to play it on the TV screen or computer and I can pick up where I left off with the Steam Cloud support for the save files.

bread's done
Back