- - - - -

EB Games: most Xbox/Gamecube games reduced to 4.99/1.99/0.99!

#31 telepathy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 01:21 AM

Yeah, I'm really surprised at that. I went to the EB Games at Dufferin Mall and there wasn't a single Gamecube or X-Box game to be found. I wouldn't have expected them to go so quickly. Maybe people around here don't just jump on sales to flip them for trade fodder.

Nah, people jump on stuff to fill their craigslist repetoire too. XD

#32 TronB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

There were a few copies of a Pokemom game in Oakville (trafalgar & dundas), DX or something like that, had a silver spine. Sorry if the title isn't right don't know too much about Pokemon.

Quite a bit of selection there still. Got myself Metroid Prime2, DK Jungle Beat, and XIII. Was hoping for SM Sunshine or Luigis Mansion, oh well.

I think that must be Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness!! It looks like my plans of going to further out places won't be able to happen today, but thanks for the info. T_T Hopefully someone who actually wants to play the game ends up grabbing it.

Yeah, I'm really surprised at that. I went to the EB Games at Dufferin Mall and there wasn't a single Gamecube or X-Box game to be found. I wouldn't have expected them to go so quickly. Maybe people around here don't just jump on sales to flip them for trade fodder.

I didn't even bother going to Dufferin, but I didn't think it would have been that bad.

At one of the stores went to, the employee told me a guy bought a stack of games and said he was going to trade all of them in elsewhere. I did manage to pick up a game I never heard of before on recommendation of the employee; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Seems like it got good reviews so I'm glad I was able to add anything to my small GameCube collection.

#33 JGonspy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   287 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

I didn't even bother going to Dufferin, but I didn't think it would have been that bad.

At one of the stores went to, the employee told me a guy bought a stack of games and said he was going to trade all of them in elsewhere. I did manage to pick up a game I never heard of before on recommendation of the employee; Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Seems like it got good reviews so I'm glad I was able to add anything to my small GameCube collection.

I'm planning on taking another look to more remote areas of the city. Considering how many EB Games and Gamestops there are in this city, I can't imagine every single one has been picked clean.

And Eternal Darkness was a pretty good game, so the employee knew what he was talking about. Try to go out of your way to check out the insanity effects by running away from enemies, they tend to be pretty cool.

#34 Wolfkin   The Eternal Second Banana CAGiversary!   3592 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:16 PM

whoa whoa whoa.. you never HEARD of Eternal Darkness? Even during that whole Too Human fiasco? That is crazy. That is one of the most innovative horror games I know of. If only the cut scenes would play without skipping it would have been a perfect experience. I only regret not letting myself go more insane. Still you need three playthrus to get the 'full' ending so one day I intend to do that.

No WindWakers at my location. (Steeles, Dufferin) but I went late with low expectations. Guy said they moved 200+ units. Lotta cube games left but nothing I needed.

#35 VetraX   In-game moralist CAGiversary!   766 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:51 PM

Zelda Collector's Edition? For $0.99?!

8O

(Also, Double Dash is the best of all the Mario Karts. You missed out!) :)

I know. That's a radonkulous price.

Probably. I don't like how you can't play battle with the CPU, unlike the Mario Kart 64.

#36 xezekielx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

My local EB Games (Sherbrooke, Carrefour) didn't have anything interesting left. I might check the other 2 stores in the area this week but I would imagine nothing is left there either. I managed to pick up Hyperdimension Neptunia (with the sweet big-ass box and artbook), Metal Slug XX (don't see it that often) and Metroid Other M (was $10 yesterday).

#37 fokkerfan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

fokkerfan

Posted 27 February 2011 - 06:33 PM

The Zelda I got was disc only, as was the Double-Dash. Only F-zero was complete with case and manual.

#38 TronB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:37 PM

whoa whoa whoa.. you never HEARD of Eternal Darkness? Even during that whole Too Human fiasco? That is crazy. That is one of the most innovative horror games I know of. If only the cut scenes would play without skipping it would have been a perfect experience. I only regret not letting myself go more insane. Still you need three playthrus to get the 'full' ending so one day I intend to do that.

No WindWakers at my location. (Steeles, Dufferin) but I went late with low expectations. Guy said they moved 200+ units. Lotta cube games left but nothing I needed.

My main focus is JRPGs. Horror is way out there for me, I rarely play or research information about games of that genre. lol I actually passed on the game, then looked online while I was at school doing an assignment (couldn't resist looking up reviews and such), facepalmed for not believing the associate, then went back to get it haha.

#39 Derfel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Probably. I don't like how you can't play battle with the CPU, unlike the Mario Kart 64.

What? You can't battle against the CPU in MK64, can you?

My main focus is JRPGs. Horror is way out there for me, I rarely play or research information about games of that genre. lol I actually passed on the game, then looked online while I was at school doing an assignment (couldn't resist looking up reviews and such), facepalmed for not believing the associate, then went back to get it haha.

Eternal Darkness is indeed awesome, one of the gems of the GC library (especially at the time of its release). I even did all three playthroughs to get the "true" ending.

#40 Redlobster   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   22 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Redlobster

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:18 PM

Montreal doesnt have the promotion ...
Weak.

#41 bumblebee064   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   46 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

bumblebee064

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:59 PM

I went to two locations in Ottawa East (Innes Rd. and Place d'Orleans) and they were both basically cleaned out. I saw one copy of Metroid Prime, one copy of Vexx (imo a buried treasure) and Mario Tennis and Mario Soccer all at the Innes Rd. location. Hope this helps someone out.

#42 mabba18   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:35 PM

I went to two locations in Ottawa East (Innes Rd. and Place d'Orleans) and they were both basically cleaned out. I saw one copy of Metroid Prime, one copy of Vexx (imo a buried treasure) and Mario Tennis and Mario Soccer all at the Innes Rd. location. Hope this helps someone out.

Saves me a trip to the east end, so thanks.

#43 Mr.   CAGinese! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:36 PM

Whatever happened to New Play Control?

#44 poiuiu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1507 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:38 PM

Didn't really find anything good Xbox or GC wise, but I found a disc only copy of ZOE2, and considering how difficult it is to find that in any condition, I'm happy.

Whatever happened to New Play Control?

Same fate as other Nintendo franchises that doesn't have a history to back them up: bombed cuz no one cared.

#45 Mr.   CAGinese! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:38 AM

It has Mario, Donkey Kong and Metroid. I was looking forward to Pikmin 2 so I'm rather surprised that Nintendo didn't give this re-release a bigger push. It should've been incredibly easy for Nintendo, Wii already runs GameCube games. It certainly would help during those long stretches between notable Wii releases.

#46 thegamecubist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

thegamecubist

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:43 AM

Didn't really find anything good Xbox or GC wise, but I found a disc only copy of ZOE2, and considering how difficult it is to find that in any condition, I'm happy.

Amazing game. ZOE1 is a lot worse though. I played 2 then 1...big mistake lol

#47 TronB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   410 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:55 AM

Come on now, ZOE1 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, I enjoyed it. 2 is great but the camera still sucks.

#48 saskwatch76   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   109 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

saskwatch76

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:57 AM

Hey all...here is some helpful links that some awesome person put up on craigslist here in Vancouver because people are selling mario games at ridiculous prices, links to gamestop gamecube games that are on sale, just put in your postal code and see if they are available at your local eb people:

Super smash bros melee : $4.99 - http://www.gamestop....rs-melee/206191
Mario sunshine- $7.99 - http://www.gamestop....sunshine/198410
Mario Golf toadstool tour: $4.99 - http://www.gamestop....ool-tour/206805
Super Mario Strikers : $7.99 -http://www.gamestop....strikers/207544
Mario Party 5 - $7.99 - http://www.gamestop....-party-5/206923
Mario Party 6: $7.99 - http://www.gamestop....ame-only/207127
Mario Party 7 : $7.99 - http://www.gamestop....ame-only/208195
Luigis Mansion : $4.99 http://www.gamestop....-mansion/206190
Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door : 7.99 - http://www.gamestop....ear-door/207100
Metroid Prime: 2.99 - http://www.gamestop....id-prime/206409
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes: 4.99 - http://www.gamestop....2-echoes/207099
Resident Evil 4: 1.99 - http://www.gamestop....t-evil-4/207097
Pixar Cars: 1.99 - http://www.gamestop....mes/cars/207862
Sonic Mega Collection: 2.99 - http://www.gamestop....llection/206671

I couldn't find a link to the Zelda games (Wind waker and Twilight Princess GC) on there if someone could post those that would be great...

Edited by saskwatch76, 28 February 2011 - 05:11 AM.

#49 ichit4k4_set0   Pug Lover CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

Picked up about fifteen game at 0.99$ in total (in 3 stores). Nothing amazing but found Product no3 :)

#50 thegamecubist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

thegamecubist

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

Come on now, ZOE1 wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, I enjoyed it. 2 is great but the camera still sucks.

It's not a horrible horrible game, it just really lacks pacing. ZOE1 is literally a boss, 3 hours of nothing then a boss rush. ZOE2 was much better paced and much more satisfying to play IMO.

#51 Derfel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:11 AM

ZOE2 was much better paced and much more satisfying to play IMO.

Not to mention jaw-droppingly gorgeous.

#52 Mr.   CAGinese! CAGiversary!   863 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:32 AM

I picked up Luigi's, Mario Golf, Double Dash and Animal Crossing. I remember when I traded AC to EB all those years ago, I actually gave them the memory card that came with the game. I was so naive. :(

#53 gsrce   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   416 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 06:19 AM

Hey all...here is some helpful links that some awesome person put up on craigslist here in Vancouver because people are selling mario games at ridiculous prices, links to gamestop gamecube games that are on sale, just put in your postal code and see if they are available at your local eb people:

I couldn't find a link to the Zelda games (Wind waker and Twilight Princess GC) on there if someone could post those that would be great...

Are these all .99 in store?

#54 Derfel   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1226 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

I picked up Luigi's, Mario Golf, Double Dash and Animal Crossing. I remember when I traded AC to EB all those years ago, I actually gave them the memory card that came with the game. I was so naive. :(

Heh... I use that memory card for my Japanese copy of Nintendo Puzzle Collection. :)

#55 Psamtik   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:58 PM

Thanks for the tip, OP. I went and picked up Summoner 2 for the GC for $4.99. I'm not paying those outrageous prices on ebay for the game.

#56 Jogurt the Yogurt   YGRT CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Jogurt the Yogurt

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:58 PM

Just a lot of sports games in Halifax.

#57 thegamecubist   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

thegamecubist

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:45 PM

Got Mario Power Tennis and Ninja Gaiden Black :D

#58 mabba18   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   86 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:15 PM

Any still looking in Ottawa: The Merivale Rd and Barrhaven locations still have a fair bit of Gamecube stock as of midweek. There should be a handful of Mario spots titles at each as well. Barrhaven's games are not marked down, but should scan at the lower price.

AFAK, most Ottawa locations are clean out of GC games. I've checked out Billings Bridge, Bayshore, Carlingwood, and Rideau Centre. The only one nobody's mentioned is Train Yards. Anybody been there?

#59 telepathy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:19 AM

Train Yards is cleaned out, or it just didn't rly have any stock :/

I checked a number of locations & most were cleaned out or just didn't have any stock in the first place.

The best place in opinion was Kanata but it was hit by 2 people prior to me going that day, & even then there were some games to work with.

Little surprised to hear about merivale not being cleaned out since i figure that would be a reasonably high traffic eb.

#60 ichit4k4_set0   Pug Lover CAGiversary!   1108 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

ichit4k4_set0

Posted 05 March 2011 - 12:59 PM

So is Ninja Gaiden Black better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma?