PSP price drop to $130 starting SUNDAY

kart007k

CAGiversary!
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/02/25/psp-price-slashed-to-130/

[quote name='dragonjud']Take note that the bundle on the GS website is NOT the limited edition GoW bundle. For some odd reason, that bundle has sold out quickly across just about any online retailer.

What gamestop is selling you is a core (regular black console) with a sealed copy of God of War. This is deceiving (as usual with them), since they're doing the same with Final Fantasy as well.[/QUOTE]

Be aware of Thieves (GAMESTOP)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Squarehard']Quote:
the psp go price will remain $200, for now. :rofl: [/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, the PSP GO is the FUTURE! It's not like Sony is going to replace it anytime soon!!!! :drool:

Does anyone even play these? I had one from launch and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent and I owned the NES Power Glove.

Wow, that's really a steal. Since it's not backwards compatible anyway, there's no excuse not to buy one.

I'll be picking up at least one more as a spare. It's really a kick-ass system...pathetic that until the NGP gets here it'll still be the best portable gaming platform :lol:

[quote name='lordopus99']Does anyone even play these? I had one from launch and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent and I owned the NES Power Glove.[/QUOTE]

Are you confused? What does the NES Power Glove have to do with the PSP 3000? You must be posting in the wrong thread . . . :roll:

[quote name='chimpmeister']Are you confused? What does the NES Power Glove have to do with the PSP 3000? You must be posting in the wrong thread . . . :roll:[/QUOTE]

Reading with comprehension much? He is saying the power glove was a waste of money and this was more of one.

It surprises me more that the current Ds systems are so over priced. ds lite $130, 149, 169. Nintendo really needs to drop the price on the dsi, and get rid of the lite all together.

[quote name='typical guy']Reading with comprehension much? He is saying the power glove was a waste of money and this was more of one.[/QUOTE]

And apparently you can't comprehend either . . . $130 for a PSP 3000 is a great deal, for a great system, that many people play. Which is exactly my point, WTF does the NES Power Glove have to do with it? Its a ridiculous statement that makes no sense at all. Hello? :roll:

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I should really get one to replace my 1000 but I am too cheap.[/QUOTE]
That's what I did back in November when Amazon had the Black Friday bundle for $129.99. Even managed to sell off my old 1000 on eBay for 100 bucks. The screen on the 3000 looks AMAZING.:bouncy:

5475344086_f8acd50388_o.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011...s-to-greatest-hits-and-favorites-collections/

A lot of those games have been selling at that price or less for a while now. I know MGS got a universal price drop last week. I see Tactic Ogre for $30 though so if that is true then that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I think Tactics Ogre is $40 MSRP...though if that drops to $30 that would be cool.

It's funny because by rights Sony SHOULD do really well against the 3DS...you've got a system that's got 6 years of back catalog and a strong 2011 also, that sells for half the price, has a considerably larger screen, and (on paper at least) is 25% more powerful...by rights they've got the better system, and it SHOULD do well against the 3DS...except Nintendo has mystical "print money" abilities sometimes.

[quote name='chimpmeister']And apparently you can't comprehend either . . . $130 for a PSP 3000 is a great deal, for a great system, that many people play. Which is exactly my point, WTF does the NES Power Glove have to do with it? Its a ridiculous statement that makes no sense at all. Hello? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, really. The power glove is a gimmicky accessory (*cough*Wii/Kinnect*) that didn't really work well for games, the PSP is a 6 year old platform with a large, quality library, that's still the most powerful portable gaming platform 6 years on. These things are not related. If you wanted to make a comparison, the PSP's camera might fit into the Power Glove category, although even there those augmented reality games seem vaguely interesting.

[quote name='chimpmeister']And apparently you can't comprehend either . . . $130 for a PSP 3000 is a great deal, for a great system, that many people play. Which is exactly my point, WTF does the NES Power Glove have to do with it? Its a ridiculous statement that makes no sense at all. Hello? :roll:[/QUOTE]
It's called they were making an analogy, one that they thought was both funny and got their point across(and I thought it was funny). We get it. You don't like their opinion, but it is their opinion and unless it goes against the TOS they are entitled to have a differing opinion than yours.

You still don't get it? He never used the power glove. He never used the psp. They are a waste of money. His opinion not mine. Not yours. For all I know, you play your psp while wearing power gloves on both hands.

[quote name='typical guy']You still don't get it? He never used the power glove. He never used the psp. They are a waste of money. His opinion not mine. Not yours. For all I know, you play your psp while wearing power gloves on both hands.[/QUOTE]

I play with my kinect wearing them. It works.

And apparently you can't comprehend either . . . $130 for a PSP 3000 is a great deal, for a great system, that many people play. Which is exactly my point, WTF does the NES Power Glove have to do with it? Its a ridiculous statement that makes no sense at all. Hello?

I think they were just making an analogy, granted its an analogy straight out of "the grizzled internet stereotype's guide to hyperbole", but hey.

The PSP is silly. When I all had to play on it back in 2005 was midnight club and fifa yeah it seemed pretty weak, but at this point there's plenty of awesome first and third party games.

[quote name='Zin_LG'] I see Tactic Ogre for $30 though so if that is true then that's great.[/QUOTE]

The ad states that those games are starting at 29.99, so I don't think Tactics Ogre's 39.99 MSRP will change yet. Would love to be wrong though.

At this point the PSP has proven itself. The library is there, even though it took a while. I can understand not wanting to pay 130 for it at this point (I don't either), but to say it's a total waste seems to be a little trollish. Just a little.

I'd rather have the Power Glove - they would both sit and collect dust but at least the Power Glove would look cooler and be a conversation starter.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']I'd rather have the Power Glove - they would both sit and collect dust but at least the Power Glove would look cooler and be a conversation starter.[/QUOTE]

OK, sounds like you're a really sophisticated gamer!! POWER ON!! :applause:

[quote name='JK-C']At this point the PSP has proven itself. The library is there, even though it took a while. I can understand not wanting to pay 130 for it at this point (I don't either), but to say it's a total waste seems to be a little trollish. Just a little.[/QUOTE]

This. There are plenty of fantastic games on the PSP at this point in its life cycle.

still rocking my psp 2000 silver edition. I never play it though, only game I ever really played on it was FFTatics. Such an awesome awesome port.

130 aint bad, think i paid 200 for mine with a game and family guy disc, of course that was like 3 years ago.

[quote name='kart007k']I only like playing Gran Turismo on mine.[/QUOTE]

You don't think you would like playing Gran Turismo if you had to use someone else's PSP? ;)

I view the PSP as mainly a system for RPG fans. If you like RPG's enough then you want one. Combine the games available on it along with the PS1 classics and it's a great RPG system.

[quote name='ksuwild25']The ad states that those games are starting at 29.99, so I don't think Tactics Ogre's 39.99 MSRP will change yet. Would love to be wrong though.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for pointing that out. Well that's good, because I JUST bought Tactics Ogre and Y's Book 1 and 2!

[quote name='biledriver']I view the PSP as mainly a system for RPG fans. If you like RPG's enough then you want one. Combine the games available on it along with the PS1 classics and it's a great RPG system.[/QUOTE]

It does seem RPG heavy at the moment, but don't forget Bend's games and the like. There's other stuff too.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm probably gonna try to hawk my Go for $100-120 on eBay and put it towards a 3DS.[/QUOTE]

Put it towards a 3000 (and a 3DS if you want :D)

[quote name='lordopus99']Does anyone even play these? I had one from launch and it was the biggest waste of money I have ever spent and I owned the NES Power Glove.[/QUOTE]

Trolling?

PSP has a diverse, quality line-up, amazing graphics, skype capability, plays movies, music, photos, internet and more.

Must have PSP titles include:

Castlevania
Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Jeanne D'Arc
GTA (any of them)
Killzone Liberation
Kingdom Hearts BBS
Metal Gear Portable Ops/Peace Walker
Modnation Racers
Patapon 1 or 2
Resistance Retribution
Silent Hill Origins/Shattered Memories
Tekken 5: DR
Wipeout Pure/Pulse
Many compilation discs from Capcom, Konami, Sega, SNK

I could go on, but I'll stop there. I've gotten almost as much play time out of my PSP as my PS3.

cool, I'm sure CAGs will be able to find a deal on it to drop it down to $100 ish. And since UMD is not going to be carried over there are bound to me a mountain of used game for cheap.

And honestly if you can't find a PSP game you enjoy you aren't looking hard enough. How many games exist for this thing?

Would probably bite if I weren't still burning through the numerous DS games I got at year's end. My portable gaming needs are currently more than being met at the moment especially with Pokemon Black/White hitting in just over a week.

PSP actually has a really good library, especially if you like Japanese PS2-style games. I hadn't played my PSP in about 2-3 years, but now I'm back into it playing Z.H.P., Peace Walker, Crisis Core, and a slew of music games (DJ Max, Pop'n Music Portable, Taiko No Tatsujin).

I love my psp-1000. I would buy a new one if mine still wasn't so damn awesome. I hate the UMD cases (the ones that house the disc, I mean) though. If you get one, it'd be wise to get some replacement UMD cases on Ebay. They are pretty cheap and way more sturdy than the official Sony ones.

[quote name='ksuwild25']The ad states that those games are starting at 29.99, so I don't think Tactics Ogre's 39.99 MSRP will change yet. Would love to be wrong though.[/QUOTE]
It also mentions God of War Ghost of Sparta, Lord of Arcana, and God Eater Burst all of which are $40.

God of War is due for a price drop so that would be surprising. It would be nice if Tactics Ogre got a $10 price drop.

[quote name='KingDox']cool, I'm sure CAGs will be able to find a deal on it to drop it down to $100 ish. And since UMD is not going to be carried over there are bound to me a mountain of used game for cheap.

And honestly if you can't find a PSP game you enjoy you aren't looking hard enough. How many games exist for this thing?[/QUOTE]

I could be completely wrong but I think over 500?

My PSP 2000 has a stuck green pixel, and my PSP Go doesn't play UMDs, so I will probably pick up a PSP 3000 when the deal gets even sweeter (hoping for a gift card deal or something).

Still doesn't seem too appealing to me considering I passed on Black Friday when it was $130 and had a bunch of extras:

"PSP 3000 Core Holiday Bundle w/ Little Big Planet, The Karate Kid UMD, 1GB Sony Memory Stick, and $15 gift card $129"

Thought the drop would be sweeter since 3DS is coming out soon and NGP has been announced since then.

I ended up getting my psp 3000 for about 135 from walmart two decembers ago when it was posted about here on cag: It was the hannah montana lilac bundle...came with HM on a game and umd movie disc, both of which were traded in right after for dissidia, and a 1gb mem stick. (Being a girl, the color was favorable to me over the other deals at the time.)

A year plus later, my 3000 has survived a few different scatterbrain-moment drops, still works perfectly. Skype has some issues, but that's software-related. The library that I've managed to gather for it hasn't ever let me down in moments of boredom, or break times at work.

That being said...whoever's been waiting on a psp shouldn't wait around to get it. (incoming analyst moment) The NGP will probably share the same weak launch library that the 3DS is going to have (Pilotwings excluded), but the psp's library is well established.

At $130 it's really time to hop on the bandwagon, always chasing after new technology and software doesn't beat a solid library, or at least it hasn't for me, YMMV.

Happy hunting!

I had eye pain problems from playing a DS (I am old). My PSP caused a similar problem at the start, but now it's ok! Point of the story... there is none. I hug my PSP every other day.

[quote name='dkreegz515']i might finally get a psp... hopefully theres some game deals soon.[/QUOTE]

Kreegz,
Almost every good game for the system is $20 or less now unless it just came out. Let me know what games u want or like and I'll tell u where to get them.

Don't forget everyone that next week BB has all of the $10 PSP games as B2G1F.

bread's done
Back