New PS3 greatest hits $29.99 Heavy Rain!

Funny how UFC 2010 is also in the list when it is already $20 new a few places. I guess you get to pay $10 more for the ugly red box

[quote name='nateeasy29']When can I buy them?? I need me some heavy rain.[/QUOTE]

I mean, honestly... I didn't even have to click on the link to see "available now" in the URL.

Good to see Heavy Rain get a price cut, it hasn't really been a very easy game to find on the cheap.

I'm a bit curious on why the GH version of Heavy Rain is listed as a Director's Cut. Does it just have Move support and the pre-order DLC episode or is there more content than that? With no info on the blog about that, I want to see the new box in stores to see for myself.

Better get Uncharted 2 before all the GH boxes replace the regular ones. As for Heavy Rain, what's this Directors Cut come with? I wonder if it's something worth a double dip.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']I mean, honestly... I didn't even have to click on the link to see "available now" in the URL.

Good to see Heavy Rain get a price cut, it hasn't really been a very easy game to find on the cheap.[/QUOTE]

Should of asked, "When can I buy them on Amazon?"

[quote name='nateeasy29']Should of asked, "When can I buy them on Amazon?"[/QUOTE]

Ahh, yeah AZ hasn't adjusted yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed by this weekend.

Hmm...I tried playing the first God of War but didn't really care for it. Enemies took too long to kill, which made the pacing bad for me, and the setting was repetitive and bland with lackluster platforming/puzzle elements. But I've been wondering if I'd like GOW3, since it has had five or so years to evolve as a series. Any fans willing to comment?

Gamestop is still showing $59.99/$34.99 for it.

Like I need MORE backlog. I'm still kicking myself for buying Metal Gear Solid 4 for $40 shortly after it came out and then starting on the trilogy first. I still haven't finished MGS1 and MGS4 is already $17 used. I so totally fail that fail isn't fail enough a word. :(

[quote name='Blank Earth']Hmm...I tried playing the first God of War but didn't really care for it. Enemies took too long to kill, which made the pacing bad for me, and the setting was repetitive and bland with lackluster platforming/puzzle elements. But I've been wondering if I'd like GOW3, since it has had five or so years to evolve as a series. Any fans willing to comment?[/QUOTE]

If you didn't like the first one, you probably won't like GOW3. It's pretty much the same gameplay with better graphics. And while GOW3 was a good game, it was easily the worst of the trilogy.

Also, I've been looking to pick Heavy Rain up for a while now. Glad to see a price drop.

Whats with all the zomg heavy rain? Its more a movie than a game, got it from gamefly when it first came out, its not worth a buy. Rental yes, buy no. Even 20 dollars is too much.

Still though, with the b2g1 at BB, good to see some great games included in that

Nice to see a price drop, but for those who have played it, is it really worth even $30? Or better off waiting for a $15 or $20 sale?

I played the demo and it seemed like the novelty of a "playable movie" was cool enough, but I'm not sure on the replayability or how many hours a playthrough takes.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i dunno...30 bucks for a two year old movie game is a little over my buying price, gonna wait for $20 or less[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain came out Feb 23rd 2010 actually and I wouldn't call it a "movie game"

[quote name='dumlaox']I'm a bit curious on why the GH version of Heavy Rain is listed as a Director's Cut. Does it just have Move support and the pre-order DLC episode or is there more content than that? With no info on the blog about that, I want to see the new box in stores to see for myself.[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain the Director's Cut is the US version of the European "Move Edition". It should have built in Move support, the DLC, and the making of videos.

We should know for certain soon enough...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I'm fairly certain the Director's Cut is the US version of the European "Move Edition". It should have built in Move support, the DLC, and the making of videos.

We should know for certain soon enough...[/QUOTE]

News Flash! Sony took down the "Director's Cut" Heavy Rain boxart and put up a GH version of Heavy Rain that is currently on the market. Meaning that you have to download the Move update and none of the DLC is included. This is a bit disappointing...

This is great news. I want Heavy Rain (especially now that I have Move) and ModNation racers, but I have been to cheap to buy them... mostly because I don't need them :D Greatest hits means they are closer to dropping to my price point... I guess I can deal with the ugly packaging :D

Thanks for posting!

I wonder if it'll still include the paper to do origami while the game installs. That was pretty neat :)

*wonders if I'm the only one that did it*

I liked Heavy Rain very much. I think it is worth it at this price, even better if you can get it on Sunday with the Best Buy B2G1 on GH titles!

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']News Flash! Sony took down the "Director's Cut" Heavy Rain boxart and put up a GH version of Heavy Rain that is currently on the market. Meaning that you have to download the Move update and none of the DLC is included. This is a bit disappointing...[/QUOTE]

I own Heavy Rain, but I was wondering about what the directors cut was. Atleast I won't have to double dip!

Perfect. About to buy a PS3 in a week or two and definitely looking forward to picking up Uncharted 2 and Heavy Rain. Can't wait!

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']News Flash! Sony took down the "Director's Cut" Heavy Rain boxart and put up a GH version of Heavy Rain that is currently on the market. Meaning that you have to download the Move update and none of the DLC is included. This is a bit disappointing...[/QUOTE]

Maybe the Director's Cut is something new that they accidentally revealed too early... :whistle2:k

[quote name='takotchi']Maybe the Director's Cut is something new that they accidentally revealed too early... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Something's up, it was in the GH packaging design. My guess is that the Director's cut would have required a litlle bit of localization and it was just cheaper to republish the current version.

My guess is that Sony considered doing a Director's Cut but opted to just republish the regular edition instead...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']Something's up, it was in the GH packaging design. My guess is that the Director's cut would have required a litlle bit of localization and it was just cheaper to republish the current version.

My guess is that Sony considered doing a Director's Cut but opted to just republish the regular edition instead...[/QUOTE]

There is no Director's Cut, though. Just the Move Edition, but that's already in English (the UK and Chinese versions, at least).

I bought this game for $45 when it first came out and don't regret it at all. This game is Awesome.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I wonder if it'll still include the paper to do origami while the game installs. That was pretty neat :)

*wonders if I'm the only one that did it*[/QUOTE]

lol I was doing the same thing. It made the install go so quick that I didn't even notice it.

[quote name='takotchi']There is no Director's Cut, though. Just the Move Edition, but that's already in English (the UK and Chinese versions, at least).[/QUOTE]

IMO the Director's Cut (was) the US version of the Move Edition, it was just renamed for the US market. The GH box had "Director's Cut" on it earlier today before it was changed...

Heavy Rain is a great game! I paid full price when it first came out and loved it. God of War III is also good, but you really have to play the first two in order to understand the story and why Kratos is (still) enraged :D

Oh good. I've been wanting both Heavy Rain and Mod Nation racers, and at this point my small PS3 library is made up of only GH games, so I am somewhat hesitant to add clear cases to my collection. ;)

I hate how the stupid PS Move label cuts off the top of Madison's head

original:

Heavy-Rain-US-Art.jpg

GH:

5476678499_bfbca5e15f.jpg

Any /b/ kiddie could 'shop a better cover than that, so the fact some so-called graphics professional thought this was acceptable - along with the suits who sign off on this stuff - just makes this former graphic designer sad. Just look at the fake Criterion covers amateurs whip up or any Cracked.com Photoshop contest.

[quote name='DirkBelig']Any /b/ kiddie could 'shop a better cover than that, so the fact some so-called graphics professional thought this was acceptable - along with the suits who sign off on this stuff - just makes this former graphic designer sad. Just look at the fake Criterion covers amateurs whip up or any Cracked.com Photoshop contest.[/QUOTE]

I really love those criterion-esque covers that people made but one thing you have to consider is how appealing those would be to the mainstream consumer. Not everyone is into that whole arthouse/indie thing. An artistic cover would be great, but the avg. person will look at it, have no idea what it's about, and move on.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']When will the new prices show up at GameStop?[/QUOTE]

I'm also wondering this myself. I picked up a copy today at Gamestop since I wanted a black label copy, and neither my Wal-Mart nor Best Buy were carrying any copies of the game. The shrink wrap was chipped off a little at the top, although the cashier "assured me" I could return it without hassle, if needed :roll:. I'm hoping the price drops in the next week so I don't have to go through the hassle of a return and re-buy and can simply do a price adjustment.

God it feels good to have some internet access again, albeit only temporarily...

You guys aren't missing anything by not having the DLC included. Great game, but the DLC (super short and with a different voice actress) will just make you mad and wish you still had your $5.

At that price range, it may be impossible not to try Heavy Rain again. Played for about a half hour when it came out but couldn't get through it, but this'll give me a good excuse to try again.

bread's done
Back