* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

#5401 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4567 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

WWE 2K14 Phenom Edition In Stock at Best Buy

http://www.bestbuy.c...=Phenom edition

Says sold out already.

#5402 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9485 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Says sold out already.

If you wanted one don't feel bad; I don't think they were ever available. I bought one just cause after he posted and an hour ago I got a "Backorder" e-mail which ultimately means it ain't coming.

#5403 27526343157187946075   Banned Banned   461 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:17 AM

It doesn't show online, but in-store I saw Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for $109.99 for PS3 while the Xbox 360 was $129.99 and thought that was kind of odd.

#5404 Vigilante   Not Technically "Up" CAGiversary!   31696 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

It doesn't show online, but in-store I saw Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag for $109.99 for PS3 while the Xbox 360 was $129.99 and thought that was kind of odd.

In-store where? :???:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: LoZ: ALBW :ps3: Ni no Kuni  :vita: Lost Dimension

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games: :ps3: Metal Gear Rising (4.25/5) :vita: Super Blackout (4.0/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

#5405 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   821 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

For those who have it, what are your guys thoughts on the Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition, specifically the joker statue?

I picked up the game, but I'm debating on returning it and getting the CE. Is it worth it? How's the detail/quality?

Thanks.

#5406 hero913   MAZZAFAKKA CAGiversary!   1916 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

For those who have it, what are your guys thoughts on the Batman Arkham Origins Collector's Edition, specifically the joker statue?

I picked up the game, but I'm debating on returning it and getting the CE. Is it worth it? How's the detail/quality?

Thanks.

I have seen both the European and US version in person, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the US version looks like complete garbage.

I honestly don't know why folks here on CAG are raving about the US version but I have to agree w/ the hundreds of reviews(counting people that agreed w/ the review as well) that the statue is mediocre at best. It doesn't light up well, the quality and craftsmanship is garbage IMHO.

I don't have a fucking clue why CAGs are complimenting it but comparing the US to the EU version and other collector's editions released by WB (MK and AC), this thing is not worth the price at all.

Hell, even on it's own and not comparing it to other WB's products I wouldn't buy this C.E...

aznhero913.png
lzanagi, on 08 Oct 2013 - 1:42 PM, said:

No, the dumbest people on CAG have a username that starts with "C", ends with "s", and has "onfoosiou" in the middle. Can you guess who they are?

#5407 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9485 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

I don't like the UK version for this particular CE at all. Why people are so enamored with those types of statues (i.e. think Injustice) I'll never know.

But for someone who HAS this statue I'm not sure how you can rant about it being "garbage" at the $119.99 price point. What CE's with statues at the $119.99 price point were better? I have just about every major CE that has come out in the last few years and if you think this is garbage I'd hate to see what you think about some of the others.

#5408 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I don't like the UK version for this particular CE at all. Why people are so enamored with those types of statues (i.e. think Injustice) I'll never know.

But for someone who HAS this statue I'm not sure how you can rant about it being "garbage" at the $119.99 price point. What CE's with statues at the $119.99 price point were better? I have just about every major CE that has come out in the last few years and if you think this is garbage I'd hate to see what you think about some of the others.

Can't comment on the Origins Joker statue, but I thought the Bioshock Big Daddy statue and the Arkham City Batman statue were very well done. Those CEs were $80 and $100 respectively, IIRC.

Also, the Slimer statue that Amazon had with the Ghostbusters game a few years back is good quality.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5409 GreyFoxx2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

GreyFoxx2002

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

http://www.gametrail...railer-released

clos_2_hero_shot_tomb_a4final_640.jpg

The Dracula’s Tomb Premium Edition is limited to just 30,000 units across Europe and will be available in the UK exclusively via GAME. Those who snag one will find its contents inside a tomb casing complete with a copy of the game, four highly detailed miniature figurines designed by comic book artist Neil Googe (Judge Dredd, Wildcats), an A4 hardcover art book, and an exclusive Steelbook.

Konami also revealed an alternative steelbook edition for pre-orders from Zavvi, which is encased in a metallic cover featuring an exclusive image of its central figure, Dracula. Those pre-ordering will also receive the alternate ‘Premium Dracula’ suit, a ‘Dark Dracula’ costume, or a ‘Relic Rune’ pack, that adds relic items to the user’s inventory, dependent on where it is pre-ordered.

#5410 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9670 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

UK only again?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5411 MSUHitman   Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   12979 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I have seen both the European and US version in person, I can say without a shadow of doubt, the US version looks like complete garbage.

I honestly don't know why folks here on CAG are raving about the US version but I have to agree w/ the hundreds of reviews(counting people that agreed w/ the review as well) that the statue is mediocre at best. It doesn't light up well, the quality and craftsmanship is garbage IMHO.

I don't have a fucking clue why CAGs are complimenting it but comparing the US to the EU version and other collector's editions released by WB (MK and AC), this thing is not worth the price at all.
Hell, even on it's own and not comparing it to other WB's products I wouldn't buy this C.E...

So glad BB offered the documentary movie for $6 if you bought it with the game.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
743275.png

#5412 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Agreed. The joker statue is junk. The EU version is a superior sculpt and paint job.
Posted Image

#5413 trollape74   Lifting and Gaming CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 3.2 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to pick up the AC IV LE. Should I pull the trigger now or should this get as cheap as the AC III LE?

#5414 sephiroth61787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   755 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

sephiroth61787

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I picked up the US Arkham Origins CE and I like it. While I like the UK statue a tiny bit more, this one is still pretty cool. Don't expect a $400 quality statue for the price and you'll be happy with it.

#5415 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6704 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Question for you guys. I have an opportunity to pick up the AC IV LE. Should I pull the trigger now or should this get as cheap as the AC III LE?

Definitely wait.  Ubisoft is well known for their common LE/CE's as of late.  Target/WM still have AC3 and Gamestop would as well if they hadn't converted them to used.  Between Splinter Cell, and 4+ different versions of AC4 & Watchdogs, I have a feeling like we're going to see a lot of Ubi LE's gathering dust for the next year.

I swear im cursed when it comes to buying CE's.  It seems like the ones I buy (SR4 GotG, Xillia, GTA 5, Arkham Origins, etc) end up being the common ones and the ones I pass up on because I thought they'd be common (WWE 14, FF 14, Last of us PP) are the ones that get rare.

538822.png

#5416 omyard   dreaming neon black CAGiversary!   830 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Thanks.

I like it a lot. My only complaint is that it doesn't fit the shelf I was planning to put it on because of how deep it is. So now it sits away from the other Batman figures and statues I have.

I like the UK one too though. I plan on snagging that figure in a few months if the price doesn't inflate too badly.

#5417 chubbyninja1319   Droid, please! CAGiversary!   4844 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm digging that Castlevania LoS2 CE.  I hope it comes out in the U.S. and <$100.  There isn't any huge statue or major item, so that one should be $80. 

946009.png   oushgk.jpg

What? Oh hell no! Hold up. Huh? Oh okay.

#5418 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9485 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Can't comment on the Origins Joker statue, but I thought the Bioshock Big Daddy statue and the Arkham City Batman statue were very well done. Those CEs were $80 and $100 respectively, IIRC.

Also, the Slimer statue that Amazon had with the Ghostbusters game a few years back is good quality.

You mean the big daddy statue where the majority arrived broken? Yep.. not speaks "quality" then DOA.

I agree the arkham city statue was pretty good but if you pull up threads relating to it at the time it released those were filled with people bitching about the paint job.

#5419 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1596 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

I'm digging that Castlevania LoS2 CE.  I hope it comes out in the U.S. and <$100.  There isn't any huge statue or major item, so that one should be $80.

Hmm well the limited edition of LoS was 80.00 and it was a great looking G1 sized digibook (artbook) and just came with a limited soundtrack. I'd hope that they release something similar but cheaper because the LoS LE is great.

That red steelbook looks sexy. I'm crossing my fingers for something similar in the US. Even if it's just a pre order bonus.
Posted Image

#5420 giantqtipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

giantqtipz

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Are we certain its a steelbook and not a metalpak?

#5421 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7059 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

The first one was a steel and the UK is a steelbook so i would assume so.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#5422 giantqtipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

giantqtipz

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

Haha i was just teasing Tperry... He likes to be teased..

#5423 backseatdog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3030 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

backseatdog

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:30 AM

WWE 2K14:The Phenom Edition - Playstation 3 - $99.99  (amazon)

I believe there are 50 in stock at the time of this post for anyone that is still interested.

Sup.

#5424 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2769 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:36 AM

WWE 2K14:The Phenom Edition - Playstation 3 - $99.99  (amazon)

I believe there are 50 in stock at the time of this post for anyone that is still interested.

:360: back as well

http://www.amazon.co...ywords=wwe 2k14

#5425 Rip44  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

The Dracula’s Tomb Premium Edition is limited to just 30,000 units across Europe and will be available in the UK exclusively via GAME. Those who snag one will find its contents inside a tomb casing complete with a copy of the game, four highly detailed miniature figurines designed by comic book artist Neil Googe (Judge Dredd, Wildcats), an A4 hardcover art book, and an exclusive Steelbook.

Konami also revealed an alternative steelbook edition for pre-orders from Zavvi, which is encased in a metallic cover featuring an exclusive image of its central figure, Dracula. Those pre-ordering will also receive the alternate ‘Premium Dracula’ suit, a ‘Dark Dracula’ costume, or a ‘Relic Rune’ pack, that adds relic items to the user’s inventory, dependent on where it is pre-ordered.

I'm gonna cry if this doesn't come to the US. I've been waiting for this game ever since the first one.

#5426 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6704 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

Woot, Thanks for the heads up.  70 Left after my order.

538822.png

#5427 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2286 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

You mean the big daddy statue where the majority arrived broken? Yep.. not speaks "quality" then DOA.

I agree the arkham city statue was pretty good but if you pull up threads relating to it at the time it released those were filled with people bitching about the paint job.

Meh, that was a packaging issue more than anything. The box should have been larger so that the drill-hand wasn't pressed against it. At least they sent out free replacements along with collectible art books. A little super glue, and I know have two nice Big Daddy statues on display.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5428 outerfox   Allow Ants Peas CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

outerfox

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:16 PM

I'm gonna cry if this doesn't come to the US. I've been waiting for this game ever since the first one.

I got burned on Lords of Shadow's "artbook" last time. Is this a full art book this go around?

#5429 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9670 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:44 PM

Just got an email regarding the Tales CE from Amazon about release date being pushed back.

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List Currently inactive, no time to play any games _(:3」∠)_

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5430 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5839 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:42 PM

Meh, that was a packaging issue more than anything. The box should have been larger so that the drill-hand wasn't pressed against it. At least they sent out free replacements along with collectible art books. A little super glue, and I know have two nice Big Daddy statues on display.

My cat knocked my big daddy statue over and broke the tip off. Glue worked well, but it was super annoying

Formerly known as slickkill77