* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

#5461 SoraGamer1337  

SoraGamer1337

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:02 AM

That DBZ game and Blazblue looks fun

sig.jpg

#5462 slowdive21   CAG/Hoarder CAGiversary!   10485 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

anyone else get contact by amazon about their Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition preorder? They are asking me to update my CC, eventhough it is entirely paid off with amazon credit.  I also got an email for it last week: "The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available."

#5463 The Rodfather   Mafia Don of Frugalness CAGiversary!   296 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

The Rodfather

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

http://www.amazon.co... cell blacklist

The Splinter Cell Blacklist CE with the RC plane is down to $100 on Amazon.

#5464 SoraGamer1337  

SoraGamer1337

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

Bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Amazon. Thanks!

sig.jpg

#5465 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9282 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

anyone else get contact by amazon about their Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition preorder? They are asking me to update my CC, eventhough it is entirely paid off with amazon credit.  I also got an email for it last week: "The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available."

I got the email regarding release date, but not the one regarding my CC, all my CC on Amazon is valid. Maybe your CC is near expiration?

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5466 Hemi   One with the never-ending backlog. CAGiversary!   2944 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:34 AM

Bought Splinter Cell Blacklist on Amazon. Thanks!

Don't want to burst your bubble but that has been $100 at amazon for a while now (weeks and weeks), not to mention that it has been for less a number of times, and guarenteed will again. It really isn't that great of a deal on it. You can expect clearances on this sometime soon. Wouldn't be suprised if a few places just threw them on a super sale on BF just to get rid of the ones they have left.

Might wanna save the $100, because really your pretty much just buying an RC plane, 

#5467 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   647 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:44 AM

This was at $80 once.

#5468 xFatalFlaw   Dango Daikazoku! CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

xFatalFlaw

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:50 AM

This was at $80 once.

I imagine we might see it at $80 or even less in the coming months. The CE was overpriced to begin with.

#5469 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11863 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:53 AM

I imagine we might see it at $80 or even less in the coming months. The CE was overpriced to begin with.

i think $60 might not be a reach

#5470 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11499 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Oh wow, this thing almost stands 2' tall. . .

I'm so tempted because I love the art design for this one and it sounds like these will be truly limited considering the pricepoint.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5471 cbulas1   John 3:16 CAGiversary!   737 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

I'm so tempted because I love the art design for this one and it sounds like these will be truly limited considering the pricepoint.

An awesome statue, but everyone who buys this is telling game developers that it's ok to price a game's collector's edition at $250.  ONE game + extras for more money than every video game console currently available except PS4 (and XBone next week)?  Crazy.

Posted Image

#5472 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11499 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

This one somewhat justifies the price though considering the statue is HUGE.  It also comes with a 190 page art book that could modestly be valued at $15-20.  So for the sake of argument the statue is ~$170 which is really what you're paying for.  That seems like a fair estimate given the quality and LED lighting all over it.

I'm putting in a pre-order for now; can always come to my senses later.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#5473 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

Is anyone getting Deadfall Adventures Collectors Edition for X360? Is it sold out everywhere? I have a pre-order buy need to decide if I should keep it. 

:hot: Earn free Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#5474 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Is anyone getting Deadfall Adventures Collectors Edition for X360? Is it sold out everywhere? I have a pre-order buy need to decide if I should keep it. 

It's not sold out anywhere.  In fact, I don't think any retailer except Amazon even has it for sale.  It missed it's release date today and presumably was pushed back to the 29th along with the vanilla version.  Amazon is just showing it as temporarily out of stock because they never received it.  

#5475 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1479 Posts   Joined 2.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's not sold out anywhere. In fact, I don't think any retailer except Amazon even has it for sale. It missed it's release date today and presumably was pushed back to the 29th along with the vanilla version. Amazon is just showing it as temporarily out of stock because they never received it.

Ok, I thought it was strange when I checked and no other retailers seemed to even have a listing. For whatever reason the CE I pre-ordered has always showed 19th for release with the standard version showing today.

I guess I have more time to decide atleast.

:hot: Earn free Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#5476 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4246 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

bojay1997

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:24 AM

Ok, I thought it was strange when I checked and no other retailers seemed to even have a listing. For whatever reason the CE I pre-preserved has always showed 19th for release with the standard version showing today.

I guess I have more time to decide atleast.

Gamestop apparently cancelled preorders for it several months ago and actually called people to tell them they could get a refund or put the cash toward something else.  Nordic is such a weird company.  I think Amazon is also the only retailer carrying We Sing Pop in the US as well and that one was delayed repeatedly until it finally showed up for sale one day.  

#5477 Bezerker   Bezerker Barrage! CAGiversary!   6513 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

This one somewhat justifies the price though considering the statue is HUGE.  It also comes with a 190 page art book that could modestly be valued at $15-20.  So for the sake of argument the statue is ~$170 which is really what you're paying for.  That seems like a fair estimate given the quality and LED lighting all over it.

I'm putting in a pre-order for now; can always come to my senses later.

I've seen multiple video game related statues that were a lot less cool looking & smaller for more than $170.

538822.png

#5478 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

I also have a preorder on Amazon for this. Haven't heard anything about it being shipped yet.

I'm still trying to figure out what will be in the CE. Their site claims it'll have a physical art book, but the mock-up of the CE doesn't include it.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5479 jon94m   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 2.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:54 AM

517LYP2faSL.jpg

has anyone seen this? im thinking bout preordering it but im not that big of a zelda fan to spend 100 bucks on some guides.

#5480 RainFall   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   561 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Jon94m: With the help of search, you'll see it's been posted a dozen times in some form

#5481 WingsDJY   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1796 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

Yeah, there was some discussion about it in the CE Guides thread. It's a good value if you're into guides.

"Ha! I like your style, you make up your own rules just like me." - Cave Johnson

#5482 D.Choy   Oh Hai. CAGiversary!   870 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

I've seen multiple video game related statues that were a lot less cool looking & smaller for more than $170.

If you are a Gamer Unlocked at Best Buy it knocks off an additional $50 which makes this even more justifiable. 

#5483 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this question, but since it's a huge collectors edition thread I thought it might be my best chance to get an answer.

I bought the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary box last week and from what I understand there were 30,000 of them total between xbox and ps3.  I got the ps3 one and the certificate says "SPECIAL / 30000".  Does anyone know what the heck this means?  Searching google makes it difficult to track down since its a collectors or special edition set and they all have out of 30,000 written on them.  I can only imagine that they either lied and made more than 30,000 or that they don't want the 30,000/30,000 to be as special as say 1/30,000.  I don't own a lot of limited stuff, so I don't really know.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

#5484 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   1623 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

Seems the Adventure Time CE won't be limited this time around since Amazon still has it available...

#5485 mr.Dobalina   MGS Collector!! CAGiversary!   825 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

mr.Dobalina

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm not sure if this is a good place to ask this question, but since it's a huge collectors edition thread I thought it might be my best chance to get an answer.

I bought the Street Fighter 25th Anniversary box last week and from what I understand there were 30,000 of them total between xbox and ps3.  I got the ps3 one and the certificate says "SPECIAL / 30000".  Does anyone know what the heck this means?  Searching google makes it difficult to track down since its a collectors or special edition set and they all have out of 30,000 written on them.  I can only imagine that they either lied and made more than 30,000 or that they don't want the 30,000/30,000 to be as special as say 1/30,000.  I don't own a lot of limited stuff, so I don't really know.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Try going here :http://collectorsedition.org

A lot of knowledgeable people about collector's editions there.  I've never heard of that, but seems...special!

If you got anything Metal Gear Solid related, shoot me a PM!

#5486 omyard   dreaming neon black CAGiversary!   810 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

At $250 I'm halfway to the cost of the Metal Gear Rex statue that came out last year. I'd rather just go for that since at $250 or $500 the girlfriend would nearly kill me. The statue looks really cool though.

#5487 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9282 Posts   Joined 3.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:55 PM

At $250 I'm halfway to the cost of the Metal Gear Rex statue that came out last year. I'd rather just go for that since at $250 or $500 the girlfriend would nearly kill me. The statue looks really cool though.

Buy her a purse of equal cost, this is the universal solver for these kind of problems :lol:

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5488 JAlbertL   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   524 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

My EU The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Collector's Edition shipped today. Some people in the States were reporting their preorders getting canceled due to no overseas shipping but luckily mine went through. 

#5489 miyamotorola  

miyamotorola

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Hoping Amazon puts the muramasa CE on sale this holiday season.

#5490 AndrewCounty   Alligator F**khouse CAGiversary!   131 Posts   Joined 2.6 Years Ago  

AndrewCounty

Posted 18 November 2013 - 07:02 PM

Try going here :http://collectorsedition.org

A lot of knowledgeable people about collector's editions there.  I've never heard of that, but seems...special!

Thanks for the link.  I will see what I can dig up there!

Actually, searching for just the right keywords on google I was able to find this answer...

http://www.capcom-un...=last

The thread is locked and answered by an actual Capcom rep, so that seems pretty cool!

Edited by AndrewCounty, 18 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.