monoprice dual PS3 controller charger @ $9.14

2 mini usb ports (direct connect to controllers), 2 usb ports. You still need to leave your PS3 on to charge using this. I am using the energizer play and charge apparatus. Same concept with 2 direct connect mini-usb connectors, and 1 usb port which I have a usb 4 port hub to charge all my other electronic devices.

If you don't want to have to have your PS3 on while charging, I'd recommend the Energizer one too. Good investment since you the best benefit is that you get to charge it while your PS3 is off and when you're not playing games

[quote name='Brother Daz']Question, could I use my PC to charge my PS3 controllers?[/QUOTE]
You should be able to do that. I have a 4-port usb hub hooked up to the USB jack on my TIVO. Through that I charge my 360 controller, PS3 controller, & bluetooth headset. It may take longer to charge all of those things off of one USB jack, but I've never had an issue with a controller that wasn't charged.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Question, could I use my PC to charge my PS3 controllers?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I use a Windows driver so I can use my PS3 controller for PC games and it charges while I do. I'm not sure if it will charge properly without a driver though. Just plug it into your PC and if it says you plugged in a PS3 controller I'm sure you're all set. Otherwise, just look for the blinking lights on your controller to be sure.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Most TVs have usb ports now... that's how i charge my ps3 & wii controllers. No need for wall warts.[/QUOTE]
I never thought about that, great idea!!

[quote name='Brother Daz']Question, could I use my PC to charge my PS3 controllers?[/QUOTE]directly? yeah I do it all the time

I charge my PS3 controller from my PC all the time using the same cable I use to charge my MP3 player and phone. I have the PS3 PC drivers installed, but I'm not sure if they're necessary. A lot more convenient for me than remembering to shut my PS3 off after leaving the controller to charge.

The drivers are free anyhow so I'd recommend this over purchasing another accessory.

back when i only had 2 controllers, i used to use the side port on my TV, worked great - always had one charging.

now i have the energizer 2 controller stand for my 3 dualshocks (2 always charging!) and a Dreamgear 4 port Move charger for my move controllers and navcon. I think both also have ports for usb cables to charge even more stuff, but i don't need to.

since we're talking controllers, I also HIGHLY recommend the trigger extensions (sold at best buy). Once you use them, the core Dual Shock triggers feel completely inadequate. So worth it.

I also dig the little anaog grip nubs from madcat. not quite as essential as the trigger extensions, but still nice (except they fall off just a bit too much, depending on game type -- they stay on fine for most games, but dual stick shooters get them to fall off).

anyway. point is, a dualshock with triggers and analog grips is amazing. absolutely amazing. well worth the investment to upgrade.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Most TVs have usb ports now... that's how i charge my ps3 & wii controllers. No need for wall warts.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap you're right.... wow I feel dumb not putting two and two together this whole time.... now i regret buying the energizer station lol

bread's done
Back