Empire and Napoleon: Total War GOTY - $9.66 at Direct2Drive.uk

psunami

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I saw a link to this over at Slick Deals, but figured I would post it here as well.

Empire and Napoleon Game of the Year Edition

It's 7.50 GBP currently, but if you add the coupon VATFREE, it takes 20% off and makes it an even 6.00 GBP. Via XE, that translates to $9.66 U.S. Which is a terrific price for this bundle.

Steam is running it at $49.99 right now and the best price up until now was over at Green Man Gaming when they had it for $16.66 before Christmas.

You are sent the keys in an email and you activate them on Steam.

Just to let you know, these titles include all of the DLC for the games as well. When you activate it on your account it just shows up as Empire: Total War and Napoleon: Total War, but when you look at the DLC in the store, it shows that you already own it.

[quote name='Reaperain']If you have Empire already do you get a giftable copy with the bundle? Cuz I have Empire and all its DLC...sadly.[/QUOTE]

Kinda sorta... I already had a copy of Empire sans DLC, and when I registered the key it simply added the dlc, no extra giftable copy. HOWEVER, it does give you two keys, one for Empire and one for Napoleon, so you could theoretically sell or give the Empire key away..

Wow, this is a great deal. I wonder though, would there be any complications from buying a code from a UK seller and activating it on a US Steam account? I wouldn't think so...

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wow, this is a great deal. I wonder though, would there be any complications from buying a code from a UK seller and activating it on a US Steam account? I wouldn't think so...[/QUOTE]

Not in this case; at least, not for me. The only thing you might have to check is whether your card company (if you're using a card) will try to block authorization cause its an overseas purchase. I've run into that problem with my bank a couple of times.

Can someone help me out?

I get a paypal error everytime I try.
When I try to use a credit card it says "Javascript is required for adding a credit card. Please enable Javascript." where i'm supposed to enter my credit card number. As far as I can tell, my javascript is enabled (at least it says its enabled in the firefox options menu, i've never had this problem before).

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Wow, this is a great deal. I wonder though, would there be any complications from buying a code from a UK seller and activating it on a US Steam account? I wouldn't think so...[/QUOTE]

I activated a UK copy of Empire when it came out, and have had no problems. The only time you'll run into problems is if the box, or code state "For sale in only". I don't think that applies to this code, but I haven't looked at the details.

i've been struggling with this site for the past hour...i've now locked myself out of being able to pay with paypal without contacting customer service, and i still can't enter my credit card number. can someone help me out?

alternatively, is there anybody who would be willing to purchase this for me, and I'll gift them $10 through paypal? you'll make $0.34!

yeah...completely failed with paypal, but was able to use my card on IE.

thanks op, loved the previous games - was waiting for these to come down for a while now.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']If I have no interest in either of these eras is this not worth it for me?[/QUOTE]

I think you might have just answered your own question...

I guess it all depends on if you like the Total War style of RTS.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I think you might have just answered your own question...

I guess it all depends on if you like the Total War style of RTS.[/QUOTE]

I guess the better question is how are the mods. I love total war rome and medieval 2 but wars dealing with muskets ect lave me a a little bored, so imperialistic France and the us revolution leave me a little bored. But I have seen the awesome mods for medieval and wanted to know if there were any good full conversions for these two?

Thank you for posting this deal. I always wanted to get these games but never dreamed they would be so cheap for both. Thank you again!

bread's done
Back