Vagrant Story out now on PSN - $5.99

Okay, WTF. Why the hell is Xenogears $4 more than Vagrant Story? Not the disc, since they were both 2 disc.

I'll be buying this instead of Xenogears. Mostly because I don't own Vagrant Story, but do Xenogears.

Who the fuck needs Vagrant Story when you've got:

Man vs Wild — Man vs. Wild captures the heart-pounding excitement and realistic nature of the Discovery Channel’s top-rated television series. The game offers five authentic situations in a role play-style adventure, featuring seasoned survival expert Bear Grylls. The action begins when players are dropped into extreme conditions and forced to demonstrate indigenous survival techniques such as escaping quicksand in the desert, exploring dangerous jungles, traversing ravines in the mountains and navigating some of the world’s most treacherous waters

MAN. VS. WILD. . . . MAN. VS. WILD.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Who the fuck needs Vagrant Story when you've got:

Man vs Wild — Man vs. Wild captures the heart-pounding excitement and realistic nature of the Discovery Channel’s top-rated television series. The game offers five authentic situations in a role play-style adventure, featuring seasoned survival expert Bear Grylls. The action begins when players are dropped into extreme conditions and forced to demonstrate indigenous survival techniques such as escaping quicksand in the desert, exploring dangerous jungles, traversing ravines in the mountains and navigating some of the world’s most treacherous waters

MAN. VS. WILD. . . . MAN. VS. WILD.[/QUOTE]

Shit I did not notice that.

I hope there's a piss drinking gameplay mechanic.

Awesome sauce. I was waiting for Vagrant Story to show up, I have just enough left in the account to bite.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Okay, WTF. Why the hell is Xenogears $4 more than Vagrant Story? Not the disc, since they were both 2 disc.

I'll be buying this instead of Xenogears. Mostly because I don't own Vagrant Story, but do Xenogears.[/QUOTE]

Not to be a jerk but, people sure have faulty memories (in the XG's thread and here too), VS has not, nor has ever been a 2 Disc game. There is only 1 CG cutscene on it unlike XG's, so everything fits on the one disc alone. And just be happy it's cheaper, I'm glad people will try it now since it's at a very appealing price. :)

Very nice title from Matsuno and his FF Tactics team.

Edit: There might be confusion as to why you thought that as it might have contained two discs, one of them might have been the Square demo disc included with it, I'll have to look into it and see for sure.

Ok, I was right.

http://psx.ign.com/articles/078/078549p1.html

And there ya go, mystery solved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sony's finally being more serious about NA's "classics" collection I guess. Makes no sense for Japan to have over 600 classics and the US to have so few.

I haven't even started Xenogears from last week! Oh well.

I never played this on the PS1, so I'll definitely be buying it tomorrow.

Wonder if save files from the EU release will work with this.

Totally doubt it, but it'd be sweet. Not like I won't just beat it again either way. I've literally lost track of how many times I've beaten this game.

Hmm..wish I could be excited but still got in and the guide.

I'm still very tempted to download all these things from PSN and sell my discs.

Cool, I missed this game the first time around but I've always wanted to try it. The gameplay is somewhat similar to Parasite Eve 1, right?

if they release PE, ill shit in my hat.
If they release PE 2 as well, I'll WEAR that hat.

Never got to play this one so I'm kinda looking forward to it. Apparently Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana are also on the lineup, but I'd prefer a little PE love before that, esepecially with 3rd Birthday coming up.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Cool, I missed this game the first time around but I've always wanted to try it. The gameplay is somewhat similar to Parasite Eve 1, right?[/QUOTE]

Not really. The view is similar but play is completely different. Youtube it and you should see what I mean.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']If they release PE 2 as well, I'll WEAR that hat.

Never got to play this one so I'm kinda looking forward to it. Apparently Threads of Fate and Legend of Mana are also on the lineup, but I'd prefer a little PE love before that, esepecially with 3rd Birthday coming up.[/QUOTE]

On the JPN PSN they did a playthrough of PE2 (on Gamediggin' Vol. 9 or 10) and yeah like Hell Monkey says, the two games aren't even closely similar in play style, think RE meets PE....probably why I've not finished it since I bought it over 10 years ago, it doesn't hold a candle to the original game.

[quote name='GTmaster39']Just gimme Einhander so I can stop using my hard copy.[/QUOTE]

What if it doesn't have trophy support? :bomb:

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']Okay, WTF. Why the hell is Xenogears $4 more than Vagrant Story?[/QUOTE]

You get what you pay for.

[quote name='uncle5555']On the JPN PSN they did a playthrough of PE2 (on Gamediggin' Vol. 9 or 10) and yeah like Hell Monkey says, the two games aren't even closely similar in play style, think RE meets PE....probably why I've not finished it since I bought it over 10 years ago, it doesn't hold a candle to the original game.[/QUOTE]

PE2 is basically a shitty ripoff of Resident Evil in terms of gameplay. It's trash. Though if it shows up on PSN I might give it another try, I haven't played it since it came out.

[quote name='uncle5555']On the JPN PSN they did a playthrough of PE2 (on Gamediggin' Vol. 9 or 10) and yeah like Hell Monkey says, the two games aren't even closely similar in play style, think RE meets PE....probably why I've not finished it since I bought it over 10 years ago, it doesn't hold a candle to the original game.[/QUOTE]

1) I think you quoted me in error, I didn't really say anything about there being a difference between the two PE games. Also...
2) I believe the person you meant to quote was asking if the gameplay in Vagrant Story was similiar to PE1, not if the gameplay in PE2 was similiar to PE1.

PE2 is basically a shitty ripoff of Resident Evil in terms of gameplay. It's trash. Though if it shows up on PSN I might give it another try, I haven't played it since it came out.
I kinda liked it. It definitely has more in common with RE than the first PE, and the plot was sorta low-key in scale when compared to what's going on in PE1 and 3rd Birthday but I thought it was still pretty fun to play.

I liked Parasite Eve 2 as well. Combat was pretty good when you got used to it. I loved the M4/Bayonet combo. It was lethal once you got the hang of the game.

I'll get this after I finish Xenogears. I actually own the black label version of Vagrant Story but getting the PSN version is nice because I can transfer my save file between my PS3 and PSP.

Biggest problem with Vagrant Story is that its too complex for its own good. Never finished it because of that. Good game though,and I do give it credit for trying something different which a lot of rpg's don't do at all

[quote name='themaster20000']Biggest problem with Vagrant Story is that its too complex for its own good. Never finished it because of that. Good game though,and I do give it credit for trying something different which a lot of rpg's don't do at all[/QUOTE]
This. I remember trying to play this game back in the day and just not getting it. I probably didnt put any time into it though because of some other game out at the time. I might try it again since its only $6 and I have PSN money to burn.

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']If they release PE 2 as well, I'll WEAR that hat.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Dead of Knight']
PE2 is basically a shitty ripoff of Resident Evil in terms of gameplay. It's trash. Though if it shows up on PSN I might give it another try, I haven't played it since it came out.[/QUOTE]

Listen to the lady... PE was a fantastic game but PE2 was really disappointing. If they had kept the original PE formula, it would have been a fantastic game. I wouldn't say it's trash but they gave up the great formula they had in PE to try and imitate RE but they failed at it.

bread's done
Back