Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (2/27/11 to 3/5/11)

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-r=1]441[/img-r]Best Buy offers up a buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free sale, along with a buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free sale.

Kmart drops Vanquish to $27.99 and will throw in a free $20 PSN card when you buy the PS3 version of Call of Duty: Black Ops for $49.99

Toys R Us has Epic Mickey for $39.99 with a free Epic Mickey T-shirt. Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase and buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99 and get Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Fallout New Vegas, or Dead Space 2 for $20.

Read on for more details and deals.[/preview]

The Rest of the Deals...
All MRSP prices have been removed. Highlights are in bold.

Best Buy (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28- See post here

:psp: Buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get 1 free
:ps3: Buy 2 PS3 Greatest Hits, get 1 free
:pc: Dawn of War II: Retribution $29.99
:pc: The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff $14.99

GameStop (Ad)
2/25-3/3

:pc: Buy Starcraft II, get World of Warcraft free
icontrade.gif
50% bonus on trade-ins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fear 3 and get the GameStop exclusive gun
:360::ps3: Pre-order WWE All-Stars and get 2 exclusive GameStop characters
:360::ps3: Pre-order Portal 2 and get 2 exclusive GameStop skins
:360::ps3: Pre-order Homefront and get exclusive GameStop multiplayer pack
:360::ps3: Pre-order Fight Night Champion and get exclusive GameStop Everlast boost pack

Kmart (Ad)
Thanks, SHC-Gamer - See post here

Note: These offers do not appear in the actual Sunday Ad, but were posted on CAG by SHC-Gamer. Offers end on Saturday.
:360::ps3: Vanquish $27.99 (Reg. $39.99)
:ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops $49.99 + Free $20 PSN Card
:360::ps3: Batman Arkham Asylum $19.99
:360::ps3: Fight Night Champion Offer 15,000 SYWR Points ($15)

Target (Ad)
Thanks, Jason28 - See post here

:360: Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect) $29.99
:360::ps3: Test Drive Unlimited 2 $39.99
:360::ps3: Call of Duty: Black Ops $49.99
:360::ps3: Dead Space $49.99

Toys R Us (Ad)
Thanks, LouieT - See post here

:ds: Preorder Pokemon Black or White for $5, get either Reshiram or Zekrom wall cling for free when you pick up the game on 3/6. In-store only.
:wii: Epic Mickey $39.99 + free Epic Mickey T-shirt. In-store only.
:wii: Michael Jackson The Experience $34.99
:360: Buy a Kinect sensor at $149.99, get $20 off any Kinect game in same purchase.
:360::ps3: Buy either Fight Night Champion or Bulletstorm at $59.99, get one of these games for $20 in same purchase:

• Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Dead Space 2

Last edited by a moderator:
PSP (buy 2 $9.99 PSP games, get the third free) -- plus more in store:
SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals Fire Team Bravo $9.99
Twisted Metal $9.99
Ape Escape on the Loose $9.99
Loco Roco 2 $9.99
Medal of Honor: Heroes $9.99

PS3 (buy 2 "greatest hits" games, get the third free) -- plus more in store:
Assassins Creed $19.99
Grand Theft Auto $19.99
Tekken 6 $19.99
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe $19.99
God of War III $29.99
Mod Nation Racers $29.99
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves $29.99
Call of Duty: World at War $29.99

PC:
Dawn of War II: Retribution $29.99
Rift $49.99

PC/Mac:
The Sims 3: Outdoor Living Stuff $14.99

PS3/XBOX 360:
Fight Night Champion $59.99

Wii/PS3/XBOX 360:
De Blob 2 $39.99 for Wii ($49.99 for PS3/XBOX 360)

Rock Band 3 Game Guitar $279.99

All credit goes to TLK @ BR.com

I guess I need to bring back the 29.96 Uncharted 2 I bought from Walmart last week and pick up a couple more games at Best Buy.

Gow3 and uncharted 2 have made it to GH lineup huh.

Not a bad deal. Now does that uncharted 2 GH version also comes with all the dlc that was included in game of the yr edition?

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Gow3 and uncharted 2 have made it to GH lineup huh.

Not a bad deal. Now does that uncharted 2 GH version also comes with all the dlc that was included in game of the yr edition?[/QUOTE]
If you can't find a third game to go with both God Of War 3 and Uncharted 2, you might want to consider Blockbuster Video, where they're $9.99 and $19.99 respectively.

Many BBV stores even have complete/mint condition copies as they keep most of the extra cases/artwork/manuals under the counter.

As for whether or not the GOTY edition of Uncharted 2 would be included in this sale, I'm guessing that the old vanilla edition of Uncharted 2 would be the one in the sale and the GOTY would not be as it's MSRP is at least $40 most places still.

Hoping for an Amazon price match. I actually have credit there and need to pick up some games for my new PS3. Thanks OP.

$280 for the guitar???

I'm bet they wish they had this ready at launch time.
Now, who really cares?

XBOX 360:
Deca Sports Freedom (Kinect) $29.99

PS3 and XBOX 360:
Test Drive Unlimited 2 (TDU2) $39.99
Call of Duty: Black Ops $49.99
Dead Space $49.99

Wii:
De Blob 2 $39.99
Mario Sports Mix $49.99

All credit goes to TLK @ BR.com

Time to return my uncharted 2 Goty copy to walmart too. Amazon just dropped their price too and I highly doubt the vanilla version is still available in bb stores today. They been discountinued for a while now.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Couple of other psp game under 10 is final fantasy 1,2 and tactics.

If you can Find that is[/QUOTE]

I'd love to get in on this. But my local Best Buy has literally one section of 4 shelves for PSP games. It used to be 3 sections, then reduced to 2, soon, none I'd bet.

[quote name='unc13 buck']2 weeks and it's a glitchy mess.[/QUOTE]

oh? I've been enjoying it almost every night with nary a glitch. However, my friend who loved the first game more than me is having a horrible save-game glitch where he gets 3 hours into it, then gets a corrupted Save File next time he goes to play.

If you're attributing glitches to how the massive online open world works, well that has always been the case. My guess is they are trying to do too much, and thats why cars/people look like they are popping in and out of existence. However, I believe you can disable any online functions and just enjoy the game. But again, for me, and fingers crossed, not one glitch yet!

[quote name='wrencrest']Wow TDU2 just came out...what 1 week? 2 weeks ago?[/QUOTE]

Yeah I noticed this too, though I remembered it's MSRP is $49.99. :)

Hmmm...I'm disappointed that Heavy Rain doesn't seem to be part of the new greatest hits additions yet. I'd really like to pick that up for $20.

[quote name='token2k6']oh? I've been enjoying it almost every night with nary a glitch. However, my friend who loved the first game more than me is having a horrible save-game glitch where he gets 3 hours into it, then gets a corrupted Save File next time he goes to play.

If you're attributing glitches to how the massive online open world works, well that has always been the case. My guess is they are trying to do too much, and thats why cars/people look like they are popping in and out of existence. However, I believe you can disable any online functions and just enjoy the game. But again, for me, and fingers crossed, not one glitch yet![/QUOTE]

no it's having HUGE issues. Go look at the forums or look at gametrailers.com review...the game is a mess.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']i need insight, do you guys expect 50 to be the best price for CoD: Black Ops for B&M ?[/QUOTE]

No way! If you dont mind used GS has it for $40.

If this is their response to GS' online sale, I'm pretty disappointed for the lack of love for the 360/Wii. : ( Nice to see them cleaning out the PSP titles though.

[quote name='limelight022']No way! If you dont mind used GS has it for $40.[/QUOTE]

And they're having a B2G1 free on pre-owned games (online-only, pretty sure BlOps for $40 is also online-only), good time to bite unless you wanna wait a good while more.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']B2G1F on GH titles looks good.

I lied to BB about not receiving an RZ cert, so they gave it to me. Now I have $10![/QUOTE]

Yay for fraud?

Best Buy lists "all" of the greatest hits titles here, however it doesn't include Uncharted 2, but the GOTY (the only copy listed as "new" on its website) does show up at $29.99. I assume it will officially become GH at the start of next week. I guess GOW3 and Modnation will as well? I guess we'll see, though my BB already clearanced out GOW3 a long time ago...

Got a $25 gc burning a hole in my pocket so I'll go try and pick up YDKJ if they have it. $40 for TDU2 isn't bad either might jump on that if YDKJ doesn't work out.

me and my buddy are buying the xbox 360 rockband pro guitars, does anyone know of any coupons we could use?

I was signed up for email alerts for this way back when RB3 came out but they only seemed to list best buy as a retailer, do you think amazon will carry this eventually? if i have to pay full price i'd rather not also have to pay tax at least(6% of 280 is kinda significant imo).

Psp hardware price drop wasn't Mentioned by op. And indeed uncharted 2 and gow3 is now in greatest hits and uncharted 2 is game of the yr edition

Is Final Fantasy tactics PSP part of the $9.99 deal? I'll make a trip tomorrow and see if I can get FFT, Socom, and Need For Speed MW.

EDIT

Ha, this is for next week. Will wait for a Amazon price match.

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Psp hardware price drop wasn't Mentioned by op. And indeed uncharted 2 and gow3 is now in greatest hits and uncharted 2 is game of the yr edition

[/QUOTE]
You may wanna remove the photo, since the last time someone posted about a price drop on a console(see: Speedy1961) CAG was served with papers to reveal the users' information so they could be sued.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You may wanna remove the photo, since the last time someone posted about a price drop on a console(see: Speedy1961) CAG was served with papers to reveal the users' information so they could be sued.[/QUOTE]
May want to edit your quote too to help him. :lol:

[quote name='pjb16']May want to edit your quote too to help him. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Done. I also PM'd him regarding it, since I don't wanna see anyone get in trouble over that sort of thing again.:whistle2:#

[quote name='tehsolo']me and my buddy are buying the xbox 360 rockband pro guitars, does anyone know of any coupons we could use?

I was signed up for email alerts for this way back when RB3 came out but they only seemed to list best buy as a retailer, do you think amazon will carry this eventually? if i have to pay full price i'd rather not also have to pay tax at least(6% of 280 is kinda significant imo).[/QUOTE]

last I heard best buy has exclusive rights to it... they had a deal on their website if you preordered you received a 25 dollar giftcard tho... not sure it still there or not..

the big thing to remember tho... is there's been a pretty heavy shortage of the midi adapters for xbox and possibly ps3...

the ad also officially announces the PSP price drop to 129.99

it applies to all bundles, but it seems that all of the bundles have been discontinued with only the core bundle going to be staying in stock.

[quote name='nycmetsfan']i need insight, do you guys expect 50 to be the best price for CoD: Black Ops for B&M ?[/QUOTE]

I got mine (before i traded that piece of crap in) at gohastings for 35 with 20% off with one of their promotions (was used though).

bread's done
Back