Current unadvertised ToysRus deals expire 3/13

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I was just in TRU and saw several taped ads in the videogame sections.

1:Selected game guides are 50% off I got Star wars TFU2 hardcover CE for $15.

2:All PSP/PS2 games are B1G1 50% off with their clearance games this is better than the BB current PSP deal

3:get a $50 gift card when purchasing the white Wii console there's a specific stock ID # for this Wii I think it's one of the earlier models w/i motion plus.

You may make out better price matching the Wii offer @ BB but you'll need to have a pic of the taped ad in TRU.

For those who've had difficulties getting TRU gift card price matches @ BB I was able to get BB to PM the $40 gift card offer last week very easy. They charged me $40 each for bulletstorm/killzone 3 & gave me a $40 BB gift card. I also got dead space 2 for $30 and COD BO for $40 and another $40 gift card. The key was showing them a response from BB Corp concerning price matching TRU gift card specifically. I've provide the link below highlight the paragraph response from Allan. The manager didn't want to loose a sale close to $250.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...heir-policy-s/td-p/166494?device-view=desktop

[quote name='Enuf']For those who've had difficulties getting TRU gift card price matches @ BB I was able to get BB to PM the $40 gift card offer last week very easy. They charged me $40 each for bulletstorm/killzone 3 & gave me a $40 BB gift card. I also got dead space 2 for $30 and COD BO for $40 and another $40 gift card. The key was showing them a response from BB Corp concerning price matching TRU gift card specifically. I've provide the link below highlight the paragraph response from Allan. The manager didn't want to loose a sale close to $250.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Be...heir-policy-s/td-p/166494?device-view=desktop[/QUOTE]

Hang on , did you mean you paid $120+tax total for bullestorm and killzone 3 then they gave you a $40 bb gift card on top which comes out to about $40+tax per game. Your post says that you paid $80+tax total for BS&KZ3 and then got a $40 gift card on top, making each game come out to $20+tax!

If you actually paid $150+tax for BS,KZ3,DS2 and COD:BO and got 2 $40 gift cards on top, you sir are a freaking magician and I am in complete awe of your CAG skills...

[quote name='MXRider']What do you mean have a pic of the taped ad?
Like take a pic of the shelf price?
[/QUOTE]

since it's not in their ad or on the website you need a picture of the offer I detail. Taped on the glass in front of the items that correspond with the specific deal TRU has these offers use your phone to get a pic & if need be make sure they have the items in stock b/c some BB's will refuse for deal if TRU is sold out.

[quote name='zeddic']Hang on , did you mean you paid $120+tax total for bullestorm and killzone 3 then they gave you a $40 bb gift card on top which comes out to about $40+tax per game. Your post says that you paid $80+tax total for BS&KZ3 and then got a $40 gift card on top, making each game come out to $20+tax!

If you actually paid $150+tax for BS,KZ3,DS2 and COD:BO and got 2 $40 gift cards on top, you sir are a freaking magician and I am in complete awe of your CAG skills...[/QUOTE]

No, they chared him $40 each for BS and KZ3 and he "purchased" a $40 gift card for $40.

$40 + $40 + $40 = $120.

Same thing with the other two games basically.

[quote name='zeddic']Hang on , did you mean you paid $120+tax total for bullestorm and killzone 3 then they gave you a $40 bb gift card on top which comes out to about $40+tax per game. Your post says that you paid $80+tax total for BS&KZ3 and then got a $40 gift card on top, making each game come out to $20+tax!

If you actually paid $150+tax for BS,KZ3,DS2 and COD:BO and got 2 $40 gift cards on top, you sir are a freaking magician and I am in complete awe of your CAG skills...[/QUOTE]

1st remember DS2 was on sale for $50 @ BB & they didn't bump the price back up to $60. Damn don't know how to post pics but I'll simplify as best I can. This was done on two receipts @ the same BB the manager didn't want to discount such large amounts on 1 receipt for fear that I'd return the games and keep the gift cards.

Receipt 1: COD BO $40, DS2 $30 & a $40 gift card $114.18(tax included)
Receipt 2: bulletstorm $40, KZ3 $40 & a $40 gift card $124.78(tax included)
So COD BO, DS2, KZ3, Bulletstorm & $80 in gift cards for $238.96. All the games for $158.96. I already have DS2 and COD BO so these are just trade in fodder and if there's a sale on any of the games between now & 4/12 I can still price match them down even further...plus I'll get close to another $15 in reward zone certs in 35 days.

All these points will post just in time for the Socom 4 PS Move/sharpshooter bundle and considering that BB is offer a $10 pre-order bonus if I paid the full $150 for it that would equal another $10 in reward cert for spending $150 on games. Gotta love BB

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Do you post anything besides price matching at BB?[/QUOTE]

I try to pass on the best possible deal and BB right now is it at least for B&M kmart is a close second and then amazon/newegg for online. I wish there were more stores but with no circuit city it's kind of blah but if you know a better deal put me on to it?

I'm sorry but buying 2 games and a $40 gift card for $120 is not a deal. Whats the point of buying a gift card instead of just buying the games at full price? It costs the same in the end.

I'll admit I was wrong about this. I was not thinking when I read it and was only thinking about having to buy a gift card. My bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm sorry but buying 2 games and a $40 gift card for $120 is not a deal. Whats the point of buying a gift card instead of just buying the games at full price? It costs the same in the end.[/QUOTE]

i cant tell if you are serious?

if you dont know how to convert GC's to cash then I guess its not the same.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'm sorry but buying 2 games and a $40 gift card for $120 is not a deal. Whats the point of buying a gift card instead of just buying the games at full price? It costs the same in the end.[/QUOTE]

What? If he's buying the games for $40 each and then the gift card for $40, then he has a $40 credit to use on future purchases. It would be the same as Amazon offering the two games for full price ($60 each) with a $20 preorder credit for each one ($40 in preorder credits). Why isn't that a deal, especially if you shop at BB often or buy other sale items there?

[quote name='chimpmeister']What? If he's buying the games for $40 each and then the gift card for $40, then he has a $40 credit to use on future purchases. It would be the same as Amazon offering the two games for full price ($60 each) with a $20 preorder credit for each one ($40 in preorder credits). Why isn't that a deal, especially if you shop at BB often or buy other sale items there?[/QUOTE]

I see the point now. I was seeing it from a different view because at BB you are buying a gift card but at Amazon its a bonus. Its the same in end but seems different to me.

I have had the worst lucking PM gift card deals at BB so I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. But thats just me

Who else had KZ3 and Bulletstorm for $40 on release? I guess it also comes down to would you rather have $80 in TRU gift cards or BB? I personally get more outta BB plus I'm trying to retain my silver status @ BB. But hey if it's not a deal to you sorry I'm just tryin to help any other CAG. If you look at the thread for last weeks TRU's there were a ton on ppl asking if anybody had success price matching the gift card offer @ BB.

PenguinoMF
Try using the printout from the link, several CAG's PM'd after using this strategy & were able to get the deal they wanted. All those gift card deals on PS3/X360 seemed to generate alot of ?'s I mean I'd rather have the upfront savings on a system instead of the gift card same with the games TRU is notorious with the $10-$40 gift card offers on games.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I didn't consider the rewardzone points either but that's a nice bonus for sure. This is not a bad deal at all and can be an even better deal if you can convert the GC to cash somehow since you saved a little bit on paying tax as well because the tax is applied to $40 vs $60. It's not much but hey every little bit helps especially for us CAGs.

A little off topic but slightly related but does anybody have a fairly safe way to convert GCs into cash other than selling them to your friends who are about to buy stuff at BB anyway?

I'll admit I was wrong about the 2 game and GC deal. I wasn't thinking when I posted. That actually is a deal. I was just so caught up on my hatred for PMing at BB.

[quote name='zeddic']Ok, thanks for the clarification. I didn't consider the rewardzone points either but that's a nice bonus for sure. This is not a bad deal at all and can be an even better deal if you can convert the GC to cash somehow since you saved a little bit on paying tax as well because the tax is applied to $40 vs $60. It's not much but hey every little bit helps especially for us CAGs.

A little off topic but slightly related but does anybody have a fairly safe way to convert GCs into cash other than selling them to your friends who are about to buy stuff at BB anyway?[/QUOTE]

google gift card exchange.

here's a place-

https://plasticjungle.com/

[quote name='Enuf']2:All PSP/PS2 games are B1G1 50% off with their clearance games this is better than the BB current PSP deal[/QUOTE]

B1G1 50% off is at best 25% off of each for the same priced game.
Best Buy is B2G1 free on $10 games, which at best is 33% off of each game.

Selection aside, if you were to purchase two $10 PSP games at TRU, they'd be $7.50 each. If you were to purchase three $10 PSP games at BB, they'd be ~$6.67 each.

Not sure if you meant "better" as in more options or "better" as in saving more, though.

Thanks for posting the TRU deals! :)

[quote name='donny2112']B1G1 50% off is at best 25% off of each for the same priced game.
Best Buy is B2G1 free on $10 games, which at best is 33% off of each game.

Selection aside, if you were to purchase two $10 PSP games at TRU, they'd be $7.50 each. If you were to purchase three $10 PSP games at BB, they'd be ~$6.67 each.

Not sure if you meant "better" as in more options or "better" as in saving more, though.

Thanks for posting the TRU deals! :)[/QUOTE]

Depending on what your TRU has on clearance I saw alot of the $10 games @ BB for $5-7, it depends on how many the store has left. The yellow stickers my local TRU uses has handwritten clearance prices along with standard clearance stickers.

They got rid of all the blu-rays and PSP games are my local TRU. The moved the remaining PSP games they have to a budget shelf. Not much besides Invizimals and Lego Harry Potter.

I took a picture of the sign that lists all of the guides that are 50% with my phone, but I am clueless as to how to post it. If someone helps me, I'll post it immediately.

[quote name='bgame2']I took a picture of the sign that lists all of the guides that are 50% with my phone, but I am clueless as to how to post it. If someone helps me, I'll post it immediately.[/QUOTE]

Why not just type out the list?

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Why not just type out the list?[/QUOTE]

Alright but it's kind of long:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (456727)
Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii (700121)
Golden Sun: Dark Dawn (087561)
GoldenEye 007: Prima Essential (601547)
Pokemon HG & SS (498813)
Pokemon HG & SS (693763)
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs (915721)
Star Wars: TFU2 Collectors Ed (915486)
PokePark: Pikachu's Adventure (915753)
Kirby's Epic Yarn (564062)
Metroid Other M: (915494)
Madden NFL 11 (915427)
Fossil Fighters (699899)
Scribblenauts (391856)
Style Savvy (378974)
Epic Mickey (565429)
The Sims 3 (915691)
Super Scribblenauts (566865)
LEGO Indy Jones 2 (400182)
Epic Mickey Collectors Ed (616327)
Pokemon Pocket Pokedex Vol. 3 (915508)
Star Wars: TFU2 (915443)
Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (378982)
Mario & Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story (387980)
Star Wars Clone Wars: Republic Heroes (896492)

"Valid 2/25-3/3/2011"

You're welcome.

[quote name='bgame2']Alright but it's kind of long:

Pokemon HG & SS (498813)
Pokemon HG & SS (693763)
Madden NFL 11 (915427)
Fossil Fighters (699899)
Scribblenauts (391856)
Style Savvy (378974)
Epic Mickey (565429)
The Sims 3 (915691)

"Valid 2/25-3/3/2011"

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I think there's a couple on there I want to pick up.

[quote name='freshzen']How do they still have older model Wiis left? There have been giving out $50 giftcards with those for 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Must be a huge overstock plus Wii sales have declined. The would have better luck making a custom TRU bundle instead w/like pick 3 select games for ___price then it'll sell out.

[quote name='bgame2']Alright but it's kind of long:

Pokemon HG & SS (498813)
Pokemon HG & SS (693763)
Madden NFL 11 (915427)
Fossil Fighters (699899)
Scribblenauts (391856)
Style Savvy (378974)
Epic Mickey (565429)
The Sims 3 (915691)

"Valid 2/25-3/3/2011"

You're welcome.[/QUOTE]

so did this end on 3/3...or 3/13 as it says in the OP?

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I see the point now. I was seeing it from a different view because at BB you are buying a gift card but at Amazon its a bonus. Its the same in end but seems different to me.

I have had the worst lucking PM gift card deals at BB so I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle. But thats just me[/QUOTE]

YMMV. Depends on your store. It's a good deal if u shop at Best Buy a lot. $40 gift card is not the same as cash, but it a good deal if u were planning to buy two games anyway.

[quote name='The Punisher']YMMV. Depends on your store. It's a good deal if u shop at Best Buy a lot. $40 gift card is not the same as cash, but it a good deal if u were planning to buy two games anyway.[/QUOTE]

Huh, How can anyone not see this as a GREAT DEAL even if you dont like BB? Lets recap this...trading the gc for cash has already been addressed plasticjungle.com...Either way $80 TRU GC or $80 BB GC.

1-I got KZ3 & Bulletstorm for $40 ea on release...was there a better(cheaper out of pocket offer)? DS2 for $30 & COD BO for $40 will still be $50 most places till the next COD comes out or a GOTY.

2-If the games drop in price w/i 45 days I can price match them down further...AC:B was just $35 @ BB.

3-I got 297 RZ points $5 in RZ certs & another $10 in RZ certs. for spending $150 on gaming $15 total.

4-I could use the gc value on 4 more day 1 new release games making them $40 ea too.

5-I'm taking the $95 in gc/RZ certs and applying it to the Socom 4 bundle that comes w/Move & the Sharpshooter for $150-$95=$55. This also comes with a $10pre-order bonus so it's basically $45 for the entire $150 bundle. That's probably cheaper than you'll be able to get just Socom 4 on release.

If there's a better way I could have done this please let me know I ain't afraid to learn

To quote Keenan Ivory Wayans in Most Wanted
"Sometimes I plan $hit"

I saw Brutal Legend and Blaze Blue Continueum (?) Shift at Best Buy for $10 each about 2 weeks ago. Was out of cash though : (

Stopped in a local TRU yesterday during lunch to check out the DS selection (Buy 1, Get 50% off Second, natch), couldn't really find anything of interest. Walking away, saw a bunch of PSP games on an open rack. Multiple copies of "Birth By Sleep," "Ghost of Sparta," current EA Sports games, etc., all stickered at $19.99. Got the two aforementioned, "Madden 2011," and "NBA 2K11" for $64 ($49 with "MvC3" $15 GC). They CLEARLY want those UMD games gone PRONTO.

Went back and got "Tron" and "FIFA" just because later. Almost surreal how good this deal was, considering I have no expectations for retail beyond the odd gift card or rare aggressive clearance price, what with Amazon and Newegg in my life. #likeawomanatashoeextravaganza #nohomo

[quote name='bob101910']I saw Brutal Legend and Blaze Blue Continueum (?) Shift at Best Buy for $10 each about 2 weeks ago. Was out of cash though : ([/QUOTE]

Damn I need that 2nd blazblue along with ME2.

[quote name='AukeySeven']Also I got X-Blades new for &9.98[/QUOTE]

take it back, it's bad. > as in not good.

I got it for free at Best Buy when they had the Reward Zone coupon, and it was still bad as a free title.

bread's done
Back