Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
obama-basketball.jpg

Obama likes ball...

Past threads, thanks to ZerotypeX and ZxT Vendetta for the list of previous months/years threads.

January 2011
February 2011

D: February ended already? I didn't even get to post how I was an idiot a few days ago.

dscn3377m.jpg

Bought the above right before the drop in price for the PSP. Still, it was only $130 for the PSP, the speakers, all the loose crappy UMDs. Sadly the PSP came hacked, but apparently when I updated it, that went bye-bye. Ignore the x2 Ogre things. I felt like doing something stupid with my money.

Nice Rabbit. :) Too bad you got shafted what with the price drop and all.

Stuff from before:
I picked up a couple random things from Amazon:
:ds: Nostalgia $9.96
:ds: Hori 16 DS Card Carry Case $4 (ignoring the $9 sticker)
dscf3573.jpg

Rosewill 2.5"/3.5" combo Hard Drive dock for $13.99 from Newegg. I have had a bare 3.5" internal HDD for about 3 years since my old desktop died.
dscf3563x.jpg

I used the B&N Groupon deal to pick up some stuff that was mostly just filler, but stuff I also thought was interesting:
:dvd: Dracula- Dead and Loving It for like $2
RoadSong Vol 1 Manga for $3.30ish
:wii: Prima Essential Goldeneye 007 Guide $10.20 after tax I think
http://img560.imageshack.us/i/dscf3569.jpg/

:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation, $12.44 ($34.99 + tax - $25 GC) from Kmart.
dscf3567o.jpg

:ds: Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation Guide $10.50 from B&N.com
dscf3575.jpg

GoHastings pickups (not all shown):
:ds: Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days Guide $4.28 (5 for $20)
:wii: Super Smash Bros Brawl Guide $4.28 (5 for $20)
:wii: Red Steel 2 Guide $2.90 (30% off sale)
http://img534.imageshack.us/i/dscf3571.jpg/

Pickups from CAG (not all shown):
:xbox: Goldeneye Rogue Agent Guide
:dvd: Tokyo Majin Ch 1 DVD Set
Dragon Warrior NES cart
:gc: Starfox Adventures Guide
dscf3582v.jpg

Added 3/3:
19" iSymphony LCD TV, $113.07 ($5 GC) from Amazon. It looks stunning for the price. I was getting it since my current TV is a TV/DVD combo, and I now have a Blu-Ray player as an early birthday present. The contrast ratio on this TV is 10,000:1. The only complaint I have is the lack of inputs- only 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, and 1 component/composite. Oh, and the connection from my cable box is a bit off, as the audio sometimes freaks out. 99% of the time it's during the stupid and severely annoying Proactiv commercials.
dscf3581m.jpg
Yes, I do know the plastic protective wrap is still on it. I am keeping it there until I travel back to FSU.

Added 3/5:
LG Optimus V bundle from Best Buy ($179.73):
LG Optimus V Cell Phone
$25 VM Top-up card
Rocketfish MicroUSB car charger
InvisibleShield screen protector for LG Optimus S

Insignia NS-BRDVD4 Blu-Ray Player, $85.59 from Best Buy.
:br: Bambi Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack, $14.60 ($22.99 + tax - $10 coupon) from Best Buy.
:wii: Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars $17.11 from Best Buy
dscf3561t.jpg

After heading to Best Buy for the BR Player, Bambi, and TvC, I headed to GameStop to trade in my black wii that was pretty much useless as it had hit a tile floor from about 3.5 feet up multiple times. I ended up with $117.75 in store credit, which got me:
:ds: Mario Kart
:wii: Nunchuck
$62.77 in store credit leftover.

ADDED 3/6:
Two copies each of Pokemon Black and White. One set is for me, the others are gifts. Total was like $98.77 after rewards points.
dscf3586y.jpg

Still to add: DVD haul from Kmart. Mostly crap but... Oh, and working spoilers because apparently the links I had there don't work. It's currently almost 3am, so I am going to tackle that tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is since around the middle of January.

pickups.jpg

:360: Tekken Arcade Stick Bundle
:360: Tekken Arcade Stick Bundle
:360: Fallout 3 GOTY
:360: Blood Bowl
:360: Mafia II CE
:360: Prince of Persia
:360: All Pro Football 2k8
:360: Assassins Creed Brotherhood
:360: Supreme Commander 2
:360: The Orange Box
:360: Lost Planet CE
:360: Marvel vs Capcom 3 SE

:ps2: Yakuza
:ps2: Yakuza 2
:ps2: Hunter The Reckoning: Wayward
:ps2: Mortal Kombat Armageddon
:ps2: Armored Core: Silent Line

:ps3: Yakuza 3
:ps3: Army of Two 40th Day
:ps3: Madden 10

:psp: Final Fantasy
:psp: Final Fantasy II
:psp: Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble

ps1.gif
Tomb Raider III
ps1.gif
Need For Speed High Stakes
ps1.gif
Einhander
ps1.gif
Breath of Fire III (disc only :whistle2:()
ps1.gif
Metal Slug X - missing manual

genesis.gif
Console w/ 2 controllers and RFU + Composite hookups, with Taz Escape from Mars, Sonic Classics, and Tennis all cart only.
genesis.gif
Earthworm Jim - complete
genesis.gif
Mortal Kombat II - complete

:br: X-Men Trilogy
:br: The Town

:pc: Two Worlds Epic Edition
:pc: Warcraft III + Expansion
:pc: Half Life GOTY

:dvd: X-Men volumes 1-5
:dvd: GI Joe Seasons 1, 1.2, 1.3, and 2.0
:dvd: Ultraman Complete Series
:dvd: Land of the Lost Complete Series
:dvd: Defenders of the Earth Complete Series
:dvd: He-Man Complete Series (the newer one, not from the 1980s)

AVP Omnibus vol 1
AVP Omnibus vol 2
Predator Omnibus vol 1
Parasite Eve Strategy Guide
Parasite Eve 2 Strategy Guide

Probably about $400 out of pocket on the bed. Lots of deals, a couple GameStop glitches, and I found and resold quite a bit of stuff during the time I picked all of this up. Not too bad considering my monthly budget for games and movies is around $300.

On a side note, there was a copy of the original receipt for Earthworm Jim stuffed in the instruction manual. It was bought in 1994 for $69.99 :shock:. Same price I paid for MvC3SE yesterday, and people say games are expensive today :D.

I told myself I wouldn't spend any more money for a while.
Then somebody posted a full set of Rock Band instruments (including a second Guitar Hero guitar) for $30 on Craigslist. Damn yooooou!

SSPX0054.jpg

Also swept out a guy at works section he didn't feel like doing in exchange for a few Genesis carts he picked up for me at the thrift store, Golden Axe, not sure what else yet. Have to wait till I see him next.

Don't have camera access at the moment but all of my DVDs from the goHastings $1 shipping sale have finally arrived:

Clerks: The Animated Series
Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone (2-Disc Widescreen)
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter & the Order of the Phoenix
Inglorious Basterds
Matchstick Men
Saw VI
Synecdoche, New York
The Wackness
The Weatherman

Also got the PS3 SE of Marvel vs Capcom 3 on launch day and the guide last week, both from Amazon, and just received the new MacBook charger I had to order since mine died the other day.

i went on a 2 week fast from buying games
all i bought were these for $1.58 on Amazon.

311JSChrebL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Was saving for the Pokemon DSi bundle that ill get at K-Mart and get white version for free.

I finally broke my fast and used most of my Amazon credit to feed my PSP now.

Yo pick-ups club. In trying to be a bit less of a CAG recluse I figured I'd jump in here since I take pick-up pics for personal reference periodically anyway. I've never posted in a pick-up thread before before, but now's as good a time as any to start, heh.

102_2994.jpg

All of this is mostly the result of trades, but I did shell out for the NMH2: Hopper's Edition on Amiami. Around $60 shipped, but normally retails for $100-ish.

picture.php

picture.php

Picked up the PS3 games from newegg and buy.com. At $10.99 a piece who could argue?!? Also splurged and got myself an entire PSMove setup for Killzone 3.

Not pictured: Tactics Ogre UK LE

IMG_0354.jpg

My MvC3 50% off coupon was still active on my acct after I had amazon switch it over to the SE, when it was announced. I picked 1 up for myself and the other 2 are for two CAG friends. :) $28.49 each :D :D :D :D

S15sl.jpg

Megaman X5
Megaman X6
Megaman X4
Meg Man 8 Aniiversary Collectors Edition (though I think this is game only)
The Misadventures of Tron Bonne
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man Legends 2

All, except maybe 8, complete.

$35

took 8 back, got Klonoa but the Klonoa book has severe water damage done to it with icky mold.

I was bored and was scouring ebay and I saw all of this so I bid and won it.

2wodm49.jpg

Everything seen for 126.04 shipped. Now I just gotta wait for it to come.

[quote name='adriley313']why is that jpnese game boxes can be so much color than NA ones[/QUOTE]

Boxes are longer, and the big thing is they don't have that huge ugly grey bar with the logo on the box art that wastes space.

NA got screwed indeed on the art, but if you think about it, they actually match up to look better on the shelf because they match DS boxes better, than the JP ones, which don't really work well on the shelf, so it's sort of a victory for us...sorta...

[quote name='Squarehard']Boxes are longer, and the big thing is they don't have that huge ugly grey bar with the logo on the box art that wastes space.

NA got screwed indeed on the art, but if you think about it, they actually match up to look better on the shelf because they match DS boxes better, than the JP ones, which don't really work well on the shelf, so it's sort of a victory for us...sorta...[/QUOTE]
I feel the same way love the art on the JP box but love the NA box better.

Which in a way makes the UK releases of gameboy games the best because they usually combine the japanese art with the NA size box

Which in a way makes the UK releases of gameboy games the best because they combine the japanese art with the NA size box

[quote name='doodmandood']Is that the really nice WMXX with the movie and trivia disc and the awesome packaging?

That was my first DVD.[/QUOTE]

I never saw that DVD, did they edit the part in the Evolution match where Ric Flair goes "I don't think so, motherfucker!?" I remember live it was tremendously loud for no reason.

Mostly mid/late February stuff. Some March pickups sprinkled about though.

2i207qo.jpg
spw3fa.jpg

:360: 1600 XBL Pts $20 (Groupon GC deal) - Family Video

:360: 1600 XBL Pts $13.99 - Amazon Warehouse
:360: 1 Year XBL $26.99 - Amazon Warehouse
:ps3: Blu-ray Remote $12.99 - Amazon Warehouse
:ps3: DS3/LBP GOTY Bundle $34.99 - Amazon Warehouse

:360: Tales of Vesperia $11.50 - Amazon 3rd Party Seller
:ds: Pokemon Black $34.99 Amazon
:psp: MGS: Peace Walker $15.99 - Amazon
:psp: Persona 3 Portable $29.99 - Amazon

:psp: Kenka Bancho, Lunar Premium Edition - Trade with a CAG
:360: Fable III C.E., Dead Rising 2 Zombrex Edition :psp: Undead Knights - Bought off a CAG

:360: Eternal Sonata $4.95 - eBay (offloaded already)
:360: The Darkness, Rise of the Argonauts, Kameo, Ninja Blade $17.98 - eBay (offloaded already)
:360: Star Wars: TFU II $8 - eBay
:ps3: Fallout: New Vegas $19.00 - eBay
:ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma C.E., Uncharted, Infamous, Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll $66 - eBay
:ps3: Move Starter Bundle/Extra Controller without original box $60 - eBay

:ps3: Resistance 2 C.E. $19.99 - Kmart.com

:ps3::360: BFBC2 U.E. :ps3: DA:O U.E. (forgot how much it was already) - EA Store

:ps3: Atelier Rorona, CoD: Black Ops :360: Warhammer: Battle March 1000/1000/100 points - Goozex

:360: Toy Story 3, Forza 3 Ultimate Collection, Mafia II C.E. $53.xx - goHastings

Here are my weekend pickups, highlight is Buzz Quiz TV that I picked up for $30! Also the second runner up is Duck Tales 2 for the NES, I don't like posting my vintage pick ups but I've been eying this one for a while.

SAM_0462.jpg

Spent more then I planned. The 4 volumes of Xmen were $45. Silent Hill was $15 at Kmart. DOA Paradise was $10 at Best Buy. The rest I got between 2 Gamestops. All the discs range from great to NM. Was very happy to find the Magna Carta Box set used.

main.php

Tactics Orge Premium Edition from the UK: Like $38 and change after exchange rate, and FuturePress K3 Guide was like $11 something from amazon. I also have the CE K3 guide en route from the UK as well.

main.php

Saiyuki Journey West which i literally bought 1 week before they released it on PSN from ebay for $20 and change. But still nice to have for my RPG Collection.
Also finally broke down and picked up a copy of Dragon Warrior VII from Amazon Warehouse for $42.99 and Yoshi Island DS is also from AWD for $18.99

main.php

And my favorite new toy. Nook Color which was rooted in teh matter of minutes after opening to turn it into a Android Tablet. Bought From B&N eBay Daily Deal for $200.

[quote name='pcktlnt']Don't have a camera anymore, but pickup's so far:
- :360: Halo Reach Legendary
- :ds: Pokemon Black
- :ds: Pokemon White[/QUOTE]

LIAR!

You don't own any of those until we all see photographic evidence.

[quote name='ducksoda7']just found a copy of tales of vesperia special edition at eb for $20.[/quote]

o____________________________________o

[quote name='Luxuria']o____________________________________o[/QUOTE]
I know. Awesome, huh? :) I know one of the guys at that EB and asked if he could let me know if he ever got a copy of ToV SE.

[quote name='ducksoda7']Just found a copy of Tales of Vesperia Special Edition at EB for $20.[/QUOTE]

SKU please! I wanna see if I can still use it to browse for it online. They've removed it from search.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']SKU please! I wanna see if I can still use it to browse for it online. They've removed it from search.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it would help, unfortunately, since I'm from Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back