Saint's Row: The Third- Strap it On 11/15/11

Great news! I didn't think this was going to hit until next year. Hopefully they'll keep the goofey atmosphere of the series.

This will be a day 1 purchase for me. I had so much fun with SR2 co-op that I went through it probably 5 times at least not including what I did by myself. I likely wont even buy another game until this one and hopefully it is the same style as SR2 and doesn't move towards a GTA feel.

I think this game is my most anticipated game of the year. The first details have been revealed via Game Informer.

http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-3-co-op-gun-upgrades-no-online-multiplayer-195936.phtml

I don't really mind the lack of competitive multiplayer as I didn't use it in the previous games. The RC gun sounds like it could be a lot of fun, and I can't wait to smack some old people around with giant dildos. Hope they release the first trailer soon.

It sounds awesome. I don't care about the multiplayer, it was OK in the first game, but terrible in the second. Love the sound of this :

"Confirmed Activity side-missions include: Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax, a Japanese game show full of dangerous stunts"

Just got my Game Informer in the mail. Haven't been this anxious for an issue to come so I could read the cover story since.... well, maybe ever.

By the way, you guys know that CheapyD is doing some voice work in this game, right?

One of my most anticipated games this fall. SR2 had great co-op and they knew how to implement it. A lot of people screw it up.

[quote name='Danimal']
By the way, you guys know that CheapyD is doing some voice work in this game, right?[/QUOTE]

yeah, I'd REALLY love if he got to say "BIG ASS CHAINS!"

Actually, CheapyD is a character in the game which will be interesting to see cause it is suppose to be based on his likeness. I probably will preorder this just cause of that.

[quote name='cdeener']Actually, CheapyD is a character in the game which will be interesting to see cause it is suppose to be based on his likeness. I probably will preorder this just cause of that.[/QUOTE]That's cool. I was not aware of that; I figured he'd be the voice of random pedestrians for us to hassle. I hope they work the phrase "Internet Space Pimp" into his character's dialogue somehow.

I can't wait for Saints Row 3, I was playing 2 last weekend to finish up a few achievements and it's still a lot of fun to play even after 50 hours.

[quote name='benjamouth']I can't wait for Saints Row 3, I was playing 2 last weekend to finish up a few achievements and it's still a lot of fun to play even after 50 hours.[/QUOTE]I should do that, too. Considering that SR2 was my favorite game of that year (2007? 2008? I can't remember atm) and that I must have put in over 50 hours myself, I left a lot of achievements on the table with that game. Don't think I ever got any MP or co-op achievements, plus I think I left a lot of the activities not-quite-finished.

I'm playing Mafia II right now; maybe between finishing that and waiting for Portal 2, I'll have to revisit Stillwater.

I just restarted SR2 the other day and damn, it's just as fun as the first time I played it. I'm playing it on PS3 this time (360 originally) and it's just as good.

This might be the only game I pre-order this year. I just hope they keep true to the series and include all the activities of the last two.

SR is probably one of the few sandbox games that hasn't lost its fun touch as while GTA is still good, IV wasn't as fun as San Andreas in the long-run despite it having online multiplayer.

This is a definite purchase for me and ditto what everyone else has said. I put a ton of time into the first two and I still play co-op with a buddy every now and then. Everything about that gameplay trailer looks like a blast.

Other than Saints Row and X:Men Destiny, I probably won't buy another game between now and the end of the year. Just wish it came out this summer!

Preordered off THQ just to get the 3 DLC packs for free (whatever they maybe) and the Professor Genki stuff. I'm crazy excited for this game after putting 50+ hours in the second one.

Not sure about this...Still have not played the two DLC packs for SR2 yet....They're just sitting there on my drive waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

bs000, thanks very much for putting that video into the OP. I don't know why, but for some reason I haven't been able to put any videos in the thread OP myself. I've posted plenty of videos on CAG before; I know how to do it, but every time I've tried putting one in this thread's OP (and I've tried several times), it just comes out as a link. That's why I made it into a Wikipost in the first place.

Anyway, thanks again, and if anyone else feels like throwing more of the trailers or videos for the game up in there as well, by all means, please go for it.

[quote name='Danimal']bs000, thanks very much for putting that video into the OP. I don't know why, but for some reason I haven't been able to put any videos in the thread OP myself. I've posted plenty of videos on CAG before; I know how to do it, but every time I've tried putting one in this thread's OP (and I've tried several times), it just comes out as a link. That's why I made it into a Wikipost in the first place.

Anyway, thanks again, and if anyone else feels like throwing more of the trailers or videos for the game up in there as well, by all means, please go for it.[/QUOTE]

I tried to put some of the other videos there too, but only the video at the top will show :(. If I put each in spoiler tags, it makes a spoiler within a spoiler, within a spoiler, within a spoiler D:

[quote name='bs000']I tried to put some of the other videos there too, but only the video at the top will show :(. If I put each in spoiler tags, it makes a spoiler within a spoiler, within a spoiler, within a spoiler D:[/QUOTE]

A spoiler, within a spoiler? Spoilception?

[quote name='bs000']I tried to put some of the other videos there too, but only the video at the top will show :(. If I put each in spoiler tags, it makes a spoiler within a spoiler, within a spoiler, within a spoiler D:[/QUOTE]Well, I'm glad to know it's not just that I'm tech-stupid. I'd been wondering if I was trying to use videos that were somehow locked on youtube from being used elsewhere. But I've tried it with so many different videos I didn't really think that was the problem. Weird.

Anyone interested in doing a coop playthrough of SR2 this weekend? Ive got a weekend without the woman and wanted to see if anyone wanted to do the coop achievements. I have only played about 2 hours so far in the game and would be willing to restart.

This game looks like its going to be an absolute blast to play. I'll probably get it when it comes out but I might have to wait since Skyrim comes out around the same time and that game will take over my life.

im thinking about pre ordering this now after watching a few more trailers. saints 1 and 2 didnt really turn me on much but this game looks like a huge step up from saints 2 that im really interested in getting my hands on it. looks like theres going to be a shit ton of things to do and graphically it looks way better than the other saints games.

[quote name='thamaster24']Damn nice.

Also this is up: Initiation Station

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Initiation-Station/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802545188a0

Create, share, and download the most outlandish characters you've ever seen, then upload them for play in Saints Row: The Third. Inside every Sinner is a Saint.

Basically just lets you see some character models and costumes that are in the game, really funny though[/QUOTE]Awesome. Thanks a lot for posting that link; I wasn't really sure how the Initiation Station worked. I was under the impression that I had to download it to my PC, then upload whatever I made to XBox.com and retrieve it somehow later from there. Clearly, I'm a moron.

Downloading it now. Can't wait to play around with it later today.

[quote name='Danimal']Awesome. Thanks a lot for posting that link; I wasn't really sure how the Initiation Station worked. I was under the impression that I had to download it to my PC, then upload whatever I made to XBox.com and retrieve it somehow later from there. Clearly, I'm a moron.

Downloading it now. Can't wait to play around with it later today.[/QUOTE]

No problem, I somehow wasted 30 mins laughing at different things with the zombie voice hahaha.

i own both saints row games and pre ordered this one....but i havent finished 1 or 2. im near the end of 1 and like 25% with 2 so ive decided now is the time to beat both of them before i get 3. get your favorite dildos out and strap them on

for some reason i cant create an account on the website for the initiation station, i was drunk when i created the account and now i keep hitting "forgot password" but they never email me. not even in my spam folder. should i try doing it through the initiation station on xbox?

[quote name='sublime90']for some reason i cant create an account on the website for the initiation station, i was drunk when i created the account and now i keep hitting "forgot password" but they never email me. not even in my spam folder. should i try doing it through the initiation station on xbox?[/QUOTE]When I first tried to log into my account from my XBox, I kept getting a window that said either "Problems connecting now, try again later" or "Either the username or password is incorrect"

Eventually I just clicked the "create a new account" button, and then I was able to do it. Don't know why it wouldn't recognize my old username/password; I've been on the Saint's Row site fairly regularly since I created it.

I was at Best Buy last night, and I ended up standing around talking games with the games department manager for about 45 minutes (I was waiting for my wife and daughter who were at the craft store next door) At one point, I asked him if they had the Saint's Row games in yet, and he says "Yeah, they're in the back already." I begged and pleaded in the most non-annoying way I could manage, but he wouldn't let me take my preorder home. I knew my chances were slim and none, but I had to try. I even said "What if I told you I'm a games reviewer who was supposed to get a copy for review from THQ, but never did, and now I'm going to get fired if I don't have my review done by Tuesday?"

Man, it hurt knowing my disc was in the store, but I was leaving without it and had to wait two more days. :lol:

oh major bummer. it would have only been worse if he were fanning his face with your copy. so i just beat 1 and half way through 2 and my god 1 was pretty shitty. i thought it was funny but it was glitchy as hell, i had a lot of unfair deaths thanks to random cars popping in, crazy and horrible AI. im really enjoying the changes they made in 2.

bread's done
Back