It's AFTER MIDNIGHT and I'm still at work!!!

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']its 230 am and im getting up to go to work, but ill be back in a few hours

sucker

:wink:[/quote]

damn what do you do for a living?

[quote name='Nematode']Wow. You guys all have terrible work hours.[/quote]

Yup and I finally figured out a way to make money while I'm at work.

[quote name='punqsux']just from the title of this, i knew who the OP was going to be :rofl:[/quote]

yeah, this is a thread from last night that just got bumped for some reason... I was looking for my other thread to bitch in but it was late and my vision was starting to blur so I started a new one. I finally got to sleep around 4:30!!! Yay!

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Nematode']Wow. You guys all have terrible work hours.[/quote]

Yup and I finally figured out a way to make money while I'm at work.[/quote]

You playing online poker?

[quote name='"javeryh"'][quote name='"Nematode"']Wow. You guys all have terrible work hours.[/quote]

Yup and I finally figured out a way to make money while I'm at work.[/quote]

Does this involve the Burritogate cult?

I thought that my bosses were unreasonable at times, but it is nothing relative to what you are going through.

Working at Target stocking shelves from 3-8AM was the worst job I ever worked. But it was the only job that was available that summer. I sure hope I don't have to do shit like that again when I graduate in May.

Anyone know an EB/Gamestop type store that's hiring? ;)

[quote name='javeryh']Another fun night at the office... no end in sight... *sigh*[/QUOTE]

Jesus, dude. You work in IT, right? So I'm assuming you don't get any overtime for your insane hours either? I worked in the Messaging group for my company for about a year and a half supporting Exchange 2000, Active Directory, etc., and I was "on-call" about every 6 weeks. That on-call week was usually hell on earth - getting paged all hours of the night, staying late, it sucked. The only consolation was that I rarely had to actually go into the office after hours since I could do pretty much everything through VPN and Remote Desktop.

I feel for you.

[quote name='lebowsky']Jesus, dude. You work in IT, right? So I'm assuming you don't get any overtime for your insane hours either? I worked in the Messaging group for my company for about a year and a half supporting Exchange 2000, Active Directory, etc., and I was "on-call" about every 6 weeks. That on-call week was usually hell on earth - getting paged all hours of the night, staying late, it sucked. The only consolation was that I rarely had to actually go into the office after hours since I could do pretty much everything through VPN and Remote Desktop.

I feel for you.[/QUOTE]

That actually kind of sort of sounds like fun compared to what I do (or at least what I was doing until 3 a.m. last night). I'm a lawyer... definitely no overtime but the pay is sweet.

You need to get to the corporate side like mrs. cheapyd just did.
Better hours, good pay, and best off all, no billable hours!

[quote name='CheapyD']You need to get to the corporate side like mrs. cheapyd just did.
Better hours, good pay, and best off all, no billable hours![/QUOTE]

That's the key to happiness right there. Unfortunately, I need a few more years of experience (I'm about to start my 3rd year) before I can go in-house. Hopefully someone like Atari or Rockstar needs a corporate guy like me... :D It's slim pickings in the city for videogame companies... I'm sure EA could always use another M&A guy but they are in California and I don't think I can move...

[quote name='jaykrue']Did you see my post in your rich/poor thread?[/quote]

I did. Thanks. I got home at 2:45 last night so I was able to squeeze in 3.5 hours of sleep. Awesome. So far this week I've worked 48 hours and it's Wednesday morning. I love it!

Thankfully I've only had a few late nights at work, the latest being around 10-11pm after putting some new apps online. That's the bad part about being salaried. When you put in 80 hours, you suddenly realize that you're barely making minimum wage.

[quote name='KingSpike']Working at Target stocking shelves from 3-8AM was the worst job I ever worked.[/quote]

Funny, I worked at Target over the summer from 10pm-6am and loved it. My whole day was free, and I didn't have to put up with annoying customers.

[quote name='Purple Flames']Funny, I worked at Target over the summer from 10pm-6am and loved it. My whole day was free, and I didn't have to put up with annoying customers.[/quote]

Dude, when did you sleep?

[quote name='javeryh']I did. Thanks. I got home at 2:45 last night so I was able to squeeze in 3.5 hours of sleep. Awesome. So far this week I've worked 48 hours and it's Wednesday morning. I love it![/quote]

Seiously, it's time to dip your toe in the real estate pool.

wtf is with the year old threads as of late? Is this the second or third one in the past few days? I thought Punqsux actually made a post for a minute, then realized it was made in like april of last year and proceeded to cry.

bread's done
Back