REFURBISHED Sony 120GB PS3 Slim at Cowboom for 179.99 + 5.00 S/H

I've had nothing buy good luck from Cowboom in the past with car audio, and the shipping is always reasonably quick and well packed....

[quote name='Kaiser499']I don't think people want this cowboom crap, wasn't your other thread deleted?[/QUOTE]

You are not God.

They offer service replacement plans for $19.99? What's the problem here, does the service plan not really "service" a bad unit? Is there any warranty out the door on these without the service plan?

[quote name='BiggNick']They offer service replacement plans for $19.99? What's the problem here, does the service plan not really "service" a bad unit? Is there any warranty out the door on these without the service plan?[/QUOTE]

If you read under Cowboom FAqs.

At CowBoom we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your purchase. Any product we sell can be returned for a refund within 30 days of receipt

Under Warranty it says

Warranty starts after the 30 day return period. This is of course the warranty you much purchase at ADDITIONAL COST

I guess it all depends on how much you use it when you check refurbished electronics... Most people probably use the PS3 for few hours a week and they think the refurbished unit is fine. However, if you sort of abuse it a bit, things might be different...

Anyhow, it's a good deal, but the reviews are not very impressive (referring to the refurbished units at Cowboom). Here's a coupon to knock another $10 off.

EBates10 and 1.5% CB
FatWallet10 and 2% CB

new customers only (both coupons)

I think I'll wait for another deal, trying to get a 3rd PS3... The 2nd one is dedicated to movie/netflix/casual gaming now.

Not a bad deal.... I just brought my Nephew a KZ3 bundle for 270 shipped off ebay. If your in the market for a PS3, check to see if you got that 10% off coupon recently and search for the system under electronics.

Their aren't a lot of them listed there so you would probably have to ask a seller to switch categories, which most of them do no questions asked since they are getting the same amount of money.

I'm going for it with the 1 year warranty. It's the best price I've seen and if it doesn't work I'll send it back. By the way, I couldn't get those discount codes to work.

Depending on how the receipt you receive for these refurb PS3's appears and whether or not the warranty seal(on the bottom of the console) is intact or not, you may be able to get Sony's extended warranty plan.

For example, the Amazon Warehouse Deal receipts do NOT say USED anywhere on them, so you could likely make a copy of that and use that to get in-warranty service from Sony.;)

But back to the extended warranty plans Sony offers themselves now. They offer one year for $44.99 and two years for $59.99: http://us.playstation.com/support/protection-plan/pricing/index.htm

But again, this relies on the factory warranty seal not being missing/broken on the bottom of the consoles from Cowboom. If it's gone or replaced with one of those ones like GS puts on their 'refurbished' PS3's, then you're SOL.

bread's done
Back