* * * * * 4 votes

Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

#4501 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

LOL! you don't want to look at my dragon then. I have a level 29 Tiger with maxed out stats. I am also sitting on about 3.5 million food that I haven't used to level up my dragon because I don't want to screw up the balance of the dungeon. 

That's the annoying part. If you level one up you pretty much have to catch some others up too. Otherwise all the enemies in the dungeon will be set to your top dragon and you'll have the rest several levels below. I kind of squeak by with zapping the enemies with Wind and then putting up Earth shields on my team, but it gets tricky sometimes. Easier to have everyone close to the same level but dang that food gets expensive.

I don't think I can add you as a friend in Dragon Mania Legends with the Xbox ID. Do you have a Facebook? You can PM it or add me at https://www.facebook.com/gid.goh It's an account I made just for the game.

#4502 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:08 PM

I have been playing Dragon Mania Legends as well.  Just have to grind out the last few achievements at this point, but I had fun with the game.  I added a bunch of friends from trueachievements and their high level dragons helped me get by most of the levels so that is a good route to go so you can save your food up.  Add me if you are playing:  https://www.facebook...ominic.w.tucker

Is anyone playing Age of Sparta?  I am trying to get the last few achievements in that game, but cannot get anyone to attack my city to get the revenge achievement.  If anyone is playing that and a high level I'd appreciate the help and can help you get your achievement as well. 

#4503 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

That's the annoying part. If you level one up you pretty much have to catch some others up too. Otherwise all the enemies in the dungeon will be set to your top dragon and you'll have the rest several levels below. I kind of squeak by with zapping the enemies with Wind and then putting up Earth shields on my team, but it gets tricky sometimes. Easier to have everyone close to the same level but dang that food gets expensive.

I don't think I can add you as a friend in Dragon Mania Legends with the Xbox ID. Do you have a Facebook? You can PM it or add me at https://www.facebook.com/gid.goh It's an account I made just for the game.

I breeze through the dungeon every day, that's why I don't want to mess with any of my dragons. I have two teams one is 28/29/26 and the other is 26/26/26. I use the first team if the average of the enemy dragons is around 29. Otherwise I have no problem beating anything else with my 26s. I don't even come remotely close to losing any matches.

The key is having the right combination of dragons. My first dragon casts shield the first round, then wind the second round. Dragon 2 & 3 both have lightning to remove positive buffs from the enemy. Dragon 3 has remove negative effects healing to remove bad stuff from my dragons or heal them up if needed at the end of each round. Second wave gets blasted with dragon fury then I finish them off with a couple of mass attacks. Ridiculously easy. Make sure your dragons are maxed out at the academy. All six of my dragons have level 6 skills across the board. Level 6 poison infection also comes in really handy.

I just sent you a facebook friend request. The problem is that I haven't been able to see any new friends I add in the game. I think I've added so many that the game doesn't recognize them anymore. I feel bad for the people who send me daily gifts and I can't reciprocate. They must think I'm a jerk. :)

#4504 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:48 PM

Is anyone playing Age of Sparta?  I am trying to get the last few achievements in that game, but cannot get anyone to attack my city to get the revenge achievement.  If anyone is playing that and a high level I'd appreciate the help and can help you get your achievement as well. 

That game is evil. I had a horrible time grinding out the achievements. Best way to get the revenge achievement is to get a friend to attack you. See my guide on TA on how to do it. If you can't find someone to help I can lend you  a hand.

#4505 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

re: Dragon Mania Legends

Thanks, I've got you added Ooga and Glock I sent you a friend request.

Even if you aren't able to gift it's still useful because I can hire your dragons for friendship points. :)

#4506 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 06:04 PM

That game is evil. I had a horrible time grinding out the achievements. Best way to get the revenge achievement is to get a friend to attack you. See my guide on TA on how to do it. If you can't find someone to help I can lend you  a hand.

Yea, thanks for that guide, I was trying that method out last week with a friend, but every time we attacked each other our Defense values were over 2000 even though we had no units left.  Not sure why it was working that way.

#4507 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:30 PM

I guess Dragon Mania is forcing me to create a fake FB since I only have one friend via code. I'll post it once I set it up.

#4508 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 September 2015 - 11:41 PM

Yea, thanks for that guide, I was trying that method out last week with a friend, but every time we attacked each other our Defense values were over 2000 even though we had no units left.  Not sure why it was working that way.

What is your name in the game? I will invade your city. Just make sure to use the trick to perform revenge attacks multiple times.

#4509 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 12:09 AM

I guess Dragon Mania is forcing me to create a fake FB since I only have one friend via code. I'll post it once I set it up.

I don't know what their problem is with that but yeah that's how it works I guess. If you use a referral code you get a friend via that even if you don't have Facebook tied to the game but you can only do it once and then after that you need some kind of Facebook account to add friends.

The Android version lets you add people via Google or Facebook so not really sure with they couldn't manage that with Microsoft.

#4510 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 02:25 PM

What is your name in the game? I will invade your city. Just make sure to use the trick to perform revenge attacks multiple times.

ATTACK ME from alliance Blood Lord.  Level 25.  Thanks!

#4511 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2630 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:34 PM

ATTACK ME from alliance Blood Lord.  Level 25.  Thanks!

Ok just attacked you. It's ridiculous the defense they assign in the game. It took all my boons to beat you.

#4512 nCogNeato   "Mr Neato" if you're nasty CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:30 AM

This Week's Red Stripe Deal

Mirror's Edge - $1.49

http://www.windowsph...b8-5be5237c0a9b

#4513 GLOCKGLOCK   Guardians Make Their Own Fate CAGiversary!   4345 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:09 PM

Ok just attacked you. It's ridiculous the defense they assign in the game. It took all my boons to beat you.

Thank you for the help!  Now I just have to grind out those bounty and attack achievements.

#4514 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:33 PM

Tiny Troopers 2 is now on Win 8 as of last week or the week before.  Thought it had been posted, but couldn't find this thread.

Also, Runemals is available for free on WP.  It's by Gametroopers...

#4515 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4291 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2015 - 12:19 AM

What is the weekly Xbox game on sale for WP?

#4516 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:15 AM

What is the weekly Xbox game on sale for WP?

No clue. This place has become a ghost town lately.

EDIT: It's Mirror's Edge for $0.99

Tiny Troopers 2 is now on Win 8 as of last week or the week before.  Thought it had been posted, but couldn't find this thread.

Also, Runemals is available for free on WP.  It's by Gametroopers...

Awesome!! Thanks

#4517 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:19 AM

Trucking 3D! (Lots more words in title...) is available for free on Win8 and WP8 from Gametroopers.  Rumors of achievement glitches are circulating.

#4518 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:48 AM

Briquid Mini (WP8) is currently on sale for $0.99.

Pop up ad on Monster Go! said it was today only.

#4519 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:59 AM

•  

Briquid Mini (WP8) is currently on sale for $0.99.

Pop up ad on Monsters Go! said it was today only.

Bought! Thanks!!!!

#4520 Motoki   Big Fish Grandma CAGiversary!   16775 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 05:21 PM

Found out about this on the Android thread but the sale is also going on for Windows 8/10/phone.

https://www.microsof...go/9nblggh3dt1k

Lara Croft GO is $1.99 (60% off) today on Google Play to celebrate the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider.

#4521 B-Man   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 November 2015 - 07:17 PM

Found out about this on the Android thread but the sale is also going on for Windows 8/10/phone.

https://www.microsof...go/9nblggh3dt1k

Also, it's a universal app, so for $1.99 you get both the mobile and desktop versions.  They supposedly have cross-platform cloud saving too.  It's just a shame there are no Xbox achievements.

By the way, for anyone looking to get a new Windows Phone, the Lumia 640 will be $30 at Best Buy for Black Friday this year.

#4522 Dustinator   Why hello....... CAGiversary!   1483 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Dustinator

Posted 17 November 2015 - 11:52 PM

Equalicious coming to WP8 with achievements for the price of $0. Should be arriving sometime this month

Equalicious.jpg

#4523 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   5013 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 November 2015 - 05:19 AM

Three Gametroopers games are on sale for $.99 each: Lines, Abyss and Briquix or something...  They are all usually $2.99 I believe.

#4524 The Sifu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1653 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:22 PM

10 Days of 10 Cent Deals in the Windows Store Starts Today

#4525 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:58 PM

How do the movie rentals work? Do you have to watch it that day right after you pay, or does it give you a few days and you get to watch it once during that period?

#4526 AriesDog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   780 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

AriesDog

Posted 20 November 2015 - 07:32 PM

How do the movie rentals work? Do you have to watch it that day right after you pay, or does it give you a few days and you get to watch it once during that period?

You have 14 days from the time of purchase to start watching it. Once you start watching it you have 24 hours to watch it as many times as you can. I've rented movies with friends and if it was good watched it again before I went to sleep.

Be careful of renting it through your Xbox. The movie will sometimes automatically start playing. If you want to delay watching it you might be better off going through the Movies & TV section of the website.

#4527 ProstatePunch   Voice of the Voiceless CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

ProstatePunch

Posted 20 November 2015 - 09:26 PM

Kinda lame this sale doesn't apply to the WP 8 versions of the games.

#4528 GunstarRed   The Rated 'G' Superstar CAGiversary!   1622 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 November 2015 - 08:34 AM

Microsoft Store has the BLU Win JR LTE Unlocked phones on sale for $49.00 (50% off).

Is it worth it just for an extra phone to use around the house for internet and games only? I don't usually see unlocked phones this cheap; normally only GoPhones are that low without a plan. 

#4529 Lord Chabelo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Lord Chabelo

Posted 30 November 2015 - 04:05 PM

I tried all through the holiday break but I could not upgrade my old Win 7 laptop to Win 10 so I could take advantage of the $0.10 deals.

#4530 nCogNeato   "Mr Neato" if you're nasty CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:08 AM

I tried all through the holiday break but I could not upgrade my old Win 7 laptop to Win 10 so I could take advantage of the $0.10 deals.

Microsoft Store has the BLU Win JR LTE Unlocked phones on sale for $49.00 (50% off).

Is it worth it just for an extra phone to use around the house for internet and games only? I don't usually see unlocked phones this cheap; normally only GoPhones are that low without a plan.

Great deal for an unlocked phone, but I think I'd still lean towards the Lumia 640 LTE GoPhone (unlocked with a little hoopjumping).