* * * * * 4 votes

Windows Phone & Windows 8 Deal Thread

wp7 wp8 windows phone windows 8 windows rt xbox live red stripe deals

#2941 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:39 AM

Monopoly $1.99.   :wall:

#2942 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Here's my Halo: Spartan Assault review! Please check it out and comment.

Thanks again to Tyler for the proofreading. :)

#2943 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:55 AM

New free Uno game is out for WP8.

#2944 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:09 PM

Red Stripe Deal is ilomilo for $2.  At least it's a really good game this week, but yet another one I already have.

#2945 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Got Ilomilo already as well, some games never seem to go on sale, there's a few I'm waiting for.

#2946 Fatbot3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3457 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

New free Uno game is out for WP8.

I can't find it. Is it just called Uno? The only one showing up in search on my 928 is the Gameloft game for 5 bucks.

#2947 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I can't find it. Is it just called Uno? The only one showing up in search on my 928 is the Gameloft game for 5 bucks.

It's called UnoFriends I believe.  Here's a link for it.

http://www.windowsph...e0-aea9b61ffdbd

Also looks like Fruit Ninja is out for WP8.  But instead of updating the old WP7 version, they just released a new version and are charging $1 for it again.  Hmmm......at least there should be a new set of achievements.

http://www.windowsph...84-a264fde14f1f

Got Ilomilo already as well, some games never seem to go on sale, there's a few I'm waiting for.

Oh yeah there's so many older and newer games I'd spend $1-$2 bucks on, but they never seem to drop those.  Some of these old Nokia exclusives could use a price drop to $0.99 as well, $3 seems kind of pricey for some of these games.  

#2948 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:53 AM

Forgot to mention I'm in San Francisco for Casual Connect this week. here's an overview of the coverage we're bringing:

WPCentral heads to Casual Connect

One article up so far:

Puzzle Retreat coming to Windows Phone 8

But I'll have a lot more stories over the weekend and into next week. Just had so many meetings that I couldn't find time to write much!

#2949 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:25 AM

Excited to see what you've got to report Paul.  Hopefully some of these games are Xbox enabled titles.

#2950 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5061 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Where all the Order & Chaos and geoDefense Swarm fans at, huh huh?

Order and Chaos sums up pretty much everything I don't want in a phone game. Looks impressive for the platform but not something I'd ever want to play on the go.

That being said, I just got a WP recently and did some game research including the use of WPCentral and some of your reviews. Crimson Dragon Side Story was an instabuy for me and had been looking forward to it, but I also ended up grabbing Contre Jour and Mush. Can't say theres much else on there I want or need at the moment.

Perhaps Tentacles or Tiki Towers when I complete/tire of these, but nothing else really appeals to me until Halo hits.

#2951 DaKidRob   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

guys recommend ilomilo for 2 bucks? i usually don't bite on 1.99 games im usually a cheap ass when it comes to WP games if it ain't free or 99cents i don't get it... but i did bite on Monopoly only because i own it like on every console i own and can't get enough of too much monopoly haha

#2952 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

Haha you bought Monopoly for $2 but you're questioning ilomilo for the same price?  We must live in 2 different worlds!

Anyways, yes I'd recommend ilomilo for $2, it's still one of the best games on Windows Phone.  You may want to check and make sure it's compatible with WP8, I'd assume it is, but ya never know.  

#2953 DaKidRob   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   639 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

Haha you bought Monopoly for $2 but you're questioning ilomilo for the same price?  We must live in 2 different worlds!

Anyways, yes I'd recommend ilomilo for $2, it's still one of the best games on Windows Phone.  You may want to check and make sure it's compatible with WP8, I'd assume it is, but ya never know.  

well its because i never played ilomilo and usually don't download demos to test them i just go by recommends and reviews...i already know what monopoly was about and read in someone review in the marketplace that it also had some easy cheevos so thought i just get it.. And i think im good i own a Windows 7(Lumia 900) and Windows 8 Phone (Lumia 522) ..

#2954 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Red Stripe Deal is ilomilo for $2.  At least it's a really good game this week, but yet another one I already have.

I am absolutely amazed that my phone was actually able to find the game in the store. I've gotten used to not being able to find red stripe games as of late. I hate to pay real cash for a game that I already own on XBLA (and haven't finished) so I just redeemed $5 worth of Bing points. 

Edit: I just checked the achievement list. Thankfully they don't have that "navigate the menu to the beat of the music" crap in the WP version. 

It's called UnoFriends I believe.  Here's a link for it.

http://www.windowsph...e0-aea9b61ffdbd

I have been doing nothing for the past 2 days, except play this damn game. Two more achievements to go. They will take a while to grind out.

Also looks like Fruit Ninja is out for WP8.  But instead of updating the old WP7 version, they just released a new version and are charging $1 for it again.  Hmmm......at least there should be a new set of achievements.

http://www.windowsph...84-a264fde14f1f

GOD DAMIT! I bought the Win7 version just last week. 

#2955 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3073 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

guys recommend ilomilo for 2 bucks? i usually don't bite on 1.99 games im usually a cheap ass when it comes to WP games if it ain't free or 99cents i don't get it... but i did bite on Monopoly only because i own it like on every console i own and can't get enough of too much monopoly haha

It's much better on the Xbox, but yes, I would 100% recommend it for any price under $20. ilomilo is one of my favorite games ever made.

#2956 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8198 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

I wish you didn't have to wait an hour to get more tokens for uno and friends if you run out to play games.....gah...but I guess that's what we get for it being a f2p game. This is going to take a long time.

#2957 Feeni   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 04 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I wish you didn't have to wait an hour to get more tokens for uno and friends if you run out to play games.....gah...but I guess that's what we get for it being a f2p game. This is going to take a long time.

Is this still the case if you pay to remove ads? If so it kind of seems like a ripoff. Also, anyone else hate that the most obtrusive ad is the popup asking you to pay to remove ads? Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

#2958 FlamedLiquid   The Kersed Sowl CAGiversary!   8198 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

FlamedLiquid

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:41 PM

also dont k ow if its just me bit it seems you can only save up so many times from scratch offs before they stop giving you them. I got 5 free scratch offs and didn't use the tokens and it stopped giving me the free scratch offs each hour. Was hoping to save up a bunch of tokens before playing

#2959 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

Alright, here's a buncha Casual Connect stories:

Please check them out and watch all the videos if you can. The Delicious video especially needs more views.

#2960 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 05 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

Picked up a $99 520 from Amazon, going to use it as a replacement (or backup if I don't like it) for my Focus.

At least I'll be able to try the non 1gb WP8 games :)

#2961 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

The trick is to have friends that send you gifts. Luckily I got in on the game when it was first put out there and ended up at the top of the leaderboards. As with every Xbox game, EVERYONE wants to have the top people on their friend list for some reason. I get a ton of friend requests every day. I think my friend count is well over a thousand now. A fraction of these guys send daily gifts so I end up with roughly 50-60 gold tokens every day in addition to a bunch of silver ones. I feel bad not being able to reciprocate since you only get to send 5 gifts every day.

Is this still the case if you pay to remove ads? If so it kind of seems like a ripoff. Also, anyone else hate that the most obtrusive ad is the popup asking you to pay to remove ads? Kind of a dick move if you ask me.

Is it just me or did the ads completely go away a couple of days ago?

also dont k ow if its just me bit it seems you can only save up so many times from scratch offs before they stop giving you them. I got 5 free scratch offs and didn't use the tokens and it stopped giving me the free scratch offs each hour. Was hoping to save up a bunch of tokens before playing

Yeah, you can't get any more scratch offs if you have a certain number in "the bank". The number seems to fluctuate between 10-15.

#2962 eastx   The Fighting Bomber CAGiversary!   8920 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Game Insight brings Rule the Kingdom to WP8, more on the way

3 big emulators for WP8 disappear from the Store, return FREE for a limited time

Order & Chaos Online review

#2963 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

A quick WP (but not deal related question): how do you select/change your gamer pic? It does not appear to be tied to the pic that you chose for your XBL account. On my console and xbox.com my gamer pic is the guy from Catherine. On my Win8 PC and my Win8 phone it shows my avatar wearing the Lincoln hat. No idea how to change it.

#2964 qwop12   AERO CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

A quick WP (but not deal related question): how do you select/change your gamer pic? It does not appear to be tied to the pic that you chose for your XBL account. On my console and xbox.com my gamer pic is the guy from Catherine. On my Win8 PC and my Win8 phone it shows my avatar wearing the Lincoln hat. No idea how to change it.

On WP go to the People app, and there should b you current avatar right in the middle of the screen. Tap it and there will be option to choose new picture. IIRC it changes Win8 avatar too.

#2965 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

On WP go to the People app, and there should b you current avatar right in the middle of the screen. Tap it and there will be option to choose new picture. IIRC it changes Win8 avatar too.

I probably did not communicate this well. That is not what I am looking for. I am looking for the gamer pic, not the profile picture (or whatever it's called). Here are the 3 pics I have:

1) The guy from Catherine: Everywhere on my console. Gamer pic on xbox.com and any site that tracks stats for my XBL gamertag.

2) My Avatar Wearing Abe Lincoln's hat: Shown as my gamer pic within any Win8 or Win Phone game. For example: leaderboards.

3) Shining Force II main character: Windows 8 user profile. People/Me apps on my win8 phone.

I am trying to change #2 and have no idea how or where to do it.

Thanks for the response though.  :)

#2966 qwop12   AERO CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Ok I know what you mean. The thing is that I think there might be a bug. In some games on WP8 and W8 my avatar was exactly the same like on my XBL profile, but in some games it was different. It was avatar that I had previously(a photo of my avatar in a top hat). When I started using W8 this avatar was used on both XBL profile and W8. Some time later i decided to change my avatar on my XBL account. After this change I've been in the exact situation as you are. Even Games app on W8 had wrong gamerpic. Now everything seems to be ok. I guess it was cache problem or something.

Also I just remembered that on console where you change your gamerpic there are two things gamerpic and profile picture(?) I'm not sure about it but maybe this has something to do with your problem?

#2967 Feeni   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

On the Xbox there are two gamerpics. There is one that everybody sees and one that only friends can see. I have mine set to be the same and that's what shows up on my phone. I would check that first.

In other news, Rayman Jungle Run is the red stripe deal for $0.99. I think this is the first non-repeat deal in quite a while. I've been waiting for a price drop on this so I'm definitely biting.

#2968 tylerh1701   Post deals, not your blog. CAGiversary!   30565 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

Good news for me, finally a game on sale that I don't have!  Rayman Jungle Run for $1.

Bad news is that I can't even buy it now since I don't have a WP8 yet...

#2969 benjamouth   Thanks Larry Davis for the sig !! CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

benjamouth

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Good news for me, finally a game on sale that I don't have!  Rayman Jungle Run for $1.

Bad news is that I can't even buy it now since I don't have a WP8 yet...

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh, first WP8 purchase !!!!

Hope it runs on my 520  :-?

EDIT - Works like a charm, game is awesome !

#2970 ooga   Mmm Zombie Chickens! CAGiversary!   2615 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh, first WP8 purchase !!!!

Hope it runs on my 520  :-?

EDIT - Works like a charm, game is awesome !

Sweet, it works on my 521. I am shocked that I bought games 2 weeks in a row, and they're not even the usual garbage games. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wp7, wp8, windows phone, windows 8, windows rt, xbox live, red stripe deals