Dark Void (PS3) - 10.48 at Amazon

I actually enjoyed this game, even though most people will probably say it sucks. The guy who voices Nathan Drake (Nolan North) voices the main character in Dark Void. That's why I initially picked it up and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. It's nothing ground breaking, but it's a decent average game.

It actually doesnt suck, its just got a ton of flaws, most of which are glitches, poor hit detection, and an insipid story.

Don't get me wrong, the game, even without its flaws, isnt great, but for $11 its worth a play through.

It's $10 or less @ blockbuster or you could get it under $10 @ TRU on clearance maybe even cheaper when combining the b1g1 50% off sales.
The game is so-so but if you get it under $10 wait till GS offers the trade-in that adds $5 to any game(worth more than $2 TIV) & you'll lose nothing.

I got the 360 version at Target for a little over $5 months ago and enjoyed it for what it is. It's not anywhere close to GOTY quality, but it is a fun game to play through if you don't mind it's flaws.

Didn't buy it, but saw the link to Lair for $14. I played it years ago and have the hankering for some dragons again. :)

Flawed game with the Sixaxis, but the patch fixes that.

I played the demo and I think $10 is still too high for me.

This is a game that I will be buying for a penny with $3.99 shipping on eBay when PlayStation 4 comes out in a few years :D.

[quote name='wolverine81']I actually enjoyed this game, even though most people will probably say it sucks. The guy who voices Nathan Drake (Nolan North) voices the main character in Dark Void. That's why I initially picked it up and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that bad. It's nothing ground breaking, but it's a decent average game.[/QUOTE]

The voice acting, character and weapon design are actually excellent! It's the: level design, mission types, hit detection, jetpack & vehicle control & respective mechanics, lack of weapon variety and story that are well below average- more towards "TEH SUCK" end of the spectrum but not quite reaching the point of being totally abysmal- just very bad.

This game has so much potential and fails at all the basics, which is why it is considered so bad.

I played completely through once and then tried another half before quitting out of frustration and sheer boredom.

All that being said $5-10 is a fair price, it's about what I paid and got out of it.

I play tested this game and thought it wasn't too terrible. Didn't have time to get past the first boss but it seemed alright up until that point. Definitely not a AAA title though.

[quote name='jubeininja69']this is not a deal. $10 has been the msrp for a few years now.[/QUOTE]

LOL, the game has only been out since Jan 2010.

Anyways, might be a decent bargain bin pickup to play in between games.

FYI, when a game is called AAA it has nothing to do with a metacritic score. It has to do with how much money is thrown into production, advertising, etc.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']The voice acting, character and weapon design are actually excellent! It's the: level design, mission types, hit detection, jetpack & vehicle control & respective mechanics, lack of weapon variety and story that are well below average- more towards "TEH SUCK" end of the spectrum but not quite reaching the point of being totally abysmal- just very bad.
[/QUOTE]

I cant believe I forgot about the jetpack controls. They were terrible. I mean pathetic and incredibly frustrating to use.

The game reminded me of an attempt at Uncharted, but with controls from Terminator Salvation. It is a fairly easy Platinum/1000 if you're into that sort of thing. I think I got the Platinum in under 20 hours.

Bought it for $10 a few months ago. Horrible level design, bland visuals, unmemorable music, and about an hour in it froze on me. Waste of money.

bread's done
Back