Kmart ($299) - Killzone 3 160GB PS3 Bundle + MLB 11: The Show + 15,000 SYWR pts

kart007k

CAGiversary!
Got this from SD "GBAstar"

Starting Tuesday 03/08/11 Kmart will be running a promotion where you can get MLB 11: The Show for free with ANY 160GB PS3 purchase. This includes both the standard slim model and the Killzone 3 Slim Bundle. It is YMMV only because most stores will be sold out of the KZ3 Bundle and they will not be getting any stock in for this promotion.

Also, they are running a seperate promotion where with the purchase of MLB 11: The Show you will also get 15,000 SYWR points ($15 value). You must have a SYWR (Shop Your Way Rewards) card to get the points. This is free. Sign up HERE [shopyourwayrewards.com]

It has been confirmed that both deals will stack so in the end you would get the Killzone 3 PS3 Bundle (includes KZ3), MLB 11: The Show, and 15,000 SYWR points. The points should post instantly if your account was created correctly. You must opt-in for e-mails from SHC.

I am not sure how the stock is for the Killzone bundle.

It always amazes me when people make new threads for these awesome deals at Kmart like they haven't been posted a ton in the Kmart thread.

[quote name='Altanis']It always amazes me when people make new threads for these awesome deals at Kmart like they haven't been posted a ton in the Kmart thread.[/QUOTE]

This is one time I'm happy about the extra post. The Kmart thread looks all F'd up on my iphone for some reason, so I don't read it unless I'm at a computer. Now I know to check Kmart on the way home tonight.... still a double post but thanks!

The ? is can you get Best buy to match the MLB 2011 offer & still get the $50 gift card best buy is offering.

Yes, I know this is YMMV & that according to BB policy they don't price match "bundling offers" but I was able to get them to price match TRU's 2 game giftcard deal 2 weeks ago. All I had to do was ask & show them the printout from this link and 10 minutes later done deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288307

But for a 160 GB PS3, KZ3, MLB 2011 and a $50 giftcard for $300 it's damn sure worth the try. That's basically 3 games for free.

[quote name='Enuf']The ? is can you get Best buy to match the MLB 2011 offer & still get the $50 gift card best buy is offering.

Yes, I know this is YMMV & that according to BB policy they don't price match "bundling offers" but I was able to get them to price match TRU's 2 game giftcard deal 2 weeks ago. All I had to do was ask & show them the printout from this link and 10 minutes later done deal.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288307

But for a 160 GB PS3, KZ3, MLB 2011 and a $50 giftcard for $300 it's damn sure worth the try. That's basically 3 games for free.[/QUOTE]
I am down for trying this as well. EDIT: I dont see BB giving out $50 gift cards anywhere. Where did you get that info?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wrencrest']I am down for trying this as well.[/QUOTE]

Add me to that list. I'm gonna hit up Kmart first thing tomorrow morning, and immediately head to Best Buy to see if it'll work. I won't be getting my hopes up though. Surely someone at BB will go 'a PS3, two games, AND $50 GC for $299+tax? Wtf?'.

EDIT* - scratch that, BB's site doesn't show them having any of the KZ bundles in stock. Damn :/

[quote name='dabamus']So... apparently we have another CAG snitch... this one named GBAStar...[/QUOTE]
Oh god...:bomb:
He could at least wait until we had a chance at this before SD ruins any chance.

[quote name='wrencrest']I am down for trying this as well. EDIT: I dont see BB giving out $50 gift cards anywhere. Where did you get that info?[/QUOTE]
page 11 of their weekly ad but it does mention on the reg. 160 GB ps3...regardless for the deal you gotta try too good to pass up just let them know your purchasing the PS3 and you'd rather give BB the $.
Printout the response from BB corp regarding PM'ing this will also work wonders.
here's the link for the BB ad
http://bestbuy.shoplocal.com/bestbu...e&storeid=2412792&rapid=1117655&pagenumber=11

Did anyone have success at BB?
After having a difficult time giving my money to Kmart and then BB, I went to Walmart and bought the Move PS3 bundle ($350 there) and got The Show 11 for free. Ended up being a better deal for me in the long run. Double the HDD space and an extra Move that I've desperately wanted.
Long story short:
Kmart manager shows me a KZ3 bundle one night and says they have 6 in the back. The next night a young girl tells me she's never seen that bundle; checks the back they don't have it. My wife tried to get BB to match the Kmart ad and get the $50 GC with the KZ3 bundle but as we thought it wouldn't fly. Not a big deal as we figured it wouldn't work. I decide that the GT5 bundle (I was surprised to see these.) @ BB for $350 is good enough, if they can match the free game from Kmart. I'm told since the Kmart ad says "ANY" PS3 that they will honor the ad. It becomes time for manager approval. The manager says that he can't honor the ad because the GT5 bundle is specific to BB. (I'm pretty sure I saw this bundle elsewhere.) I'm irked because they have a ton of this holiday bundle in the rafters and are making no effort to sell them. They are absolutely none of these on the sales floor. At this point, I'm not trying to get the GC and the game. I'm only trying to get the game for free. I finally go to Walmart and the electronics manager tells a worker there to honor it, smiles and says "they need the money". IMHO, BB is in that boat more so. I go back to BB, find the manager and politely thank him because due to his refusal I went to Walmart and got a better deal. He's says "Interesting" and I leave.
I did end up getting DA:O and DA2 at Kmart though with their respective offers.

I am so upset I just came across this deal (and I usually check CAG regularly). I want a PS3 AND Killzone AND The Show 11. :( Any chance you guys think this deal will still work? It says my local Kmart has the Killzone bundle in stock.

[quote name='mikesgravity']I am so upset I just came across this deal (and I usually check CAG regularly). I want a PS3 AND Killzone AND The Show 11. :( Any chance you guys think this deal will still work? It says my local Kmart has the Killzone bundle in stock.[/QUOTE]
No. Not this week but I'd bet there will be another PS3 deal fairly soon. They seem to be happening every 2 weeks or so at one retailer or another.

[quote name='mikesgravity']I am so upset I just came across this deal (and I usually check CAG regularly). I want a PS3 AND Killzone AND The Show 11. :( Any chance you guys think this deal will still work? It says my local Kmart has the Killzone bundle in stock.[/QUOTE]

rumors have been increasing about an impending PS3 price drop as recently as 3/12
link:http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84662/sony-may-lower-playstation-3-price-hopefully/

so you should continue to see very agressive giftcard/games offers not to mention that this will probably result in a new larger HD ps3 sku. If you see a $75-$100 giftcard offer this should indicate that the price drop is imminent.

The quake in japan may have an effect on a price too

[quote name='OnettHero']Is this deal still active?

I find myself needing a ps3[/QUOTE]

deals dead but TRU is offering a $20 giftcard w/purchase of the 120 GB PS3. The best possible deal in store right now would be to price match this at BB since they'll deduct the $20 off the $300. I'd try to get them to take if off the 160 GB KZ3 bundle since they may not have the 120 GB in stock YMMV. Let the rep at BB know that you'd really rather give BB the $.

TRU ad scan link:
http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysru...74&pagenumber=20&promotioncode=ToysRus-110313

bread's done
Back