Nintendo 3DS Deals - All Hardware & Launch Software Deals

LoveDragonDon

CAGiversary!
Welcome to the Nintendo 3DS Deal Wall! Below, find the latest 3DS deals. Use the tabs above and boxes below to browse online retailers and check inventory.

[IMG-R=5838]21830[/IMG-R]3DS Hardware Deals:
none

[IMG-R=5838]21829[/IMG-R]3DS Game Deals:
icontoysrus_r1.gif
Select 3DS games are 2 for $50 at Toys R Us

iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Street Fighter IV with $10 credit at Walmart
iconwalmart_r3.gif
Super Monkey Ball with $10 credit at Walmart

Other links:
:3ds: Retail Demo Kiosks
:3ds: 3DS Metacritic Review Scores
:3ds: CAG 3DS Friend Code Thread

Last edited by a moderator:
is that 2500 points in addition to what you'd normally get? If not thats not really a deal, most retailers have rewards programs, including best buy, toys r us and kmart.

Does Target have in store pre orders right now?

[quote name='caltab']is that 2500 points in addition to what you'd normally get? If not thats not really a deal, most retailers have rewards programs, including best buy, toys r us and kmart.

Does Target have in store pre orders right now?[/QUOTE]

Target has had them out since January, I think they just recently put the new cards out that let you select what color you want though.

im gonna probably pick it up at target then, I got the target debit card that gives you 5% off of everything. I wonder how reliable their preorders are though and if they actually set yours aside.

[quote name='caltab']im gonna probably pick it up at target then, I got the target debit card that gives you 5% off of everything. I wonder how reliable their preorders are though and if they actually set yours aside.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, they put aside as many units as the cards they've sold. They should be pretty reliable.

Sticking with Amazon because of no tax and prime trial :whistle2:D. I'll be out of town anyways so I don't think I'll worry too much about not getting it on the Sunday it comes out.

I had a preorder at Amazon first. I switched it to Gamestop last week. I guess I just feel like wasting the money I'll pay on tax to get it a day early.

[quote name='chair_home']Sticking with Amazon because of no tax and prime trial :whistle2:D. I'll be out of town anyways so I don't think I'll worry too much about not getting it on the Sunday it comes out.[/QUOTE]

Damn NY gets a tax from amazon. So that's already 25 bucks worth of tax there

Amazon still has the best deal. I ordered from gamestop because I lost 5 packages last year in the mail from Amazon and I don't want to lose a $250 3DS in the mail because my luck, it would happen.

Though that extra 2500 points at gamestop is basically like $2.50 because I think a $20 live or psn card is like 20k points.

I'm going with amazon. I feel pretty secure with them, no tax, and I would rather give them my money. That extra day isn't worth spending an extra 15 bucks on tax and 15 on gas (given it doesn't get any higher).

[quote name='iwannadie']Wow, a 5$ gift card when buying a $250 machine is kinda of a slap in the face I think.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Target can suck on their $5 gift cards!

[quote name='benjamouth']Yeah but these will still sell out day 1, do they really need to offer a deal ?[/QUOTE]

No, they definitely don't. Just another reason why I will wait for a package deal. Probably get a game and 3DS for the $250 price instead of just the 3DS. Hoping one is announced around the time when the "good" games come out (in june).

Im just waiting on the rest of the deals come out.... I rather just be offered a free game with purchase and ill smile......Come On KMART!!!

[quote name='Darknuke']No, they definitely don't. Just another reason why I will wait for a package deal. Probably get a game and 3DS for the $250 price instead of just the 3DS. Hoping one is announced around the time when the "good" games come out (in june).[/QUOTE]

i'm sure that around june, the 3ds will still be hard to find. Maybe by next year that offer is much more likely. I assume that around august, the 3ds will start being seen on shelves. It's the way of all new consoles. So basically, you'll be lucky to get a barebone for 250$ by june.

[quote name='mythus']i'm sure that around june, the 3ds will still be hard to find. Maybe by next year that offer is much more likely. I assume that around august, the 3ds will start being seen on shelves. It's the way of all new consoles. So basically, you'll be lucky to get a barebone for 250$ by june.[/QUOTE]

I have a preorder because I'm afraid they might get scarce. But I think perhaps because it's a new technology, it might make people sit on the sidelines for a while. I got like 2 weeks to decide.

Either way, a pack in game doesn't appeal to me much. Not enough to make me wait anyway.

I'm getting one from Amazon due to tax free. I have no intention of getting any games until June (supposed OoT release) so I might return it if they don't turn scarce. Better safe than sorry imho.

I never understood why people buy systems before games they want are released. Just wait. Sure, it might be hard to find around release but who cares? It's not going to be rare forever.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I never understood why people buy systems before games they want are released. Just wait. Sure, it might be hard to find around release but who cares? It's not going to be rare forever.[/QUOTE]

I think you live up to your title considering you basically answered your own question. People are looking forward to titles that are said to be released 2-3 months after the 3DS comes out, and aren't convinced it will be easy to find at that time. Not to mention it is backwards compatible and will play DS(i) games in the meantime.

[quote name='SteveGo']I think you live up to your title considering you basically answered your own question. People are looking forward to titles that are said to be released 2-3 months after the 3DS comes out, and aren't convinced it will be easy to find at that time. Not to mention it is backwards compatible and will play DS(i) games in the meantime.[/QUOTE]
well im waiting on ocarina o time, no need to rush and get a 3DS just for the heck of it, i have never owned a DS console and i was on the fence but the latest videos and screens of ocarina of time are pushing me to buy it, that game alone is a very good reason to get the system

I can't imagine that there will be a sustained issue with availability. They're releasing this thing in March. It's not like there'll be an xmas rush for 9 months.

In Japan they didn't sell out of their initial shipment. It was close, but I still think supply won't be a big problem given the timing. There'll be an initial rush of early adopters, and then sales will drop off until later in the year.

Not like I'm an economist, though. I could definitely be wrong. :) :)

[quote name='crunchewy']I can't imagine that there will be a sustained issue with availability. They're releasing this thing in March. It's not like there'll be an xmas rush for 9 months.

In Japan they didn't sell out of their initial shipment. It was close, but I still think supply won't be a big problem given the timing. There'll be an initial rush of early adopters, and then sales will drop off until later in the year.

Not like I'm an economist, though. I could definitely be wrong. :) :)[/QUOTE]

It certainly can go either way and like I said, I don't think it will be super scarce, but the wii was out of stock for 2 years.

regardless of actual demand you have to consider the huge amount of people who will be picking these up just to resell, that will defiantly impact availability.

[quote name='iwannadie']Wow, a 5$ gift card when buying a $250 machine is kinda of a slap in the face I think.[/QUOTE]

that is the normal giftcard they give free with their preorders.

[quote name='bullseye']that is the normal giftcard they give free with their preorders.[/QUOTE]

ya, its not really a special promotion, just what they do for everything so don't know why people are complaining that its only 5 dollars.

[quote name='Josef']Exactly what I was thinking. Target can suck on their $5 gift cards![/QUOTE]
Blame Nintendo.

It's been reported that Nintendo's MAP restrictions on the 3DS is about $10. Meaning that companies cannot advertise deals that are better than $10. It's why the deals right now blow.

Hell, Kmart is trying to have the best deal and they're only able to get Nintendo to allow a $10 coupon.

Well those suck. I want to see what Zon and TrU offer before making a decision. Kmart too only as long as it doesn't require that damn card, otherwise they're out.

Actually I should look for a concrete release list before deciding how close to launch I want one. My original DS still works great so the only reason to upgrade is for new games.

[quote name='mythus']i'm sure that around june, the 3ds will still be hard to find. Maybe by next year that offer is much more likely. I assume that around august, the 3ds will start being seen on shelves. It's the way of all new consoles. So basically, you'll be lucky to get a barebone for 250$ by june.[/QUOTE]

i say you will see them all over the place as lack of games and a 250 price tag will keep this out of most people MUST BUY attitude

[quote name='slidecage']i say you will see them all over the place as lack of games and a 250 price tag will keep this out of most people MUST BUY attitude[/QUOTE]

the price point is competitive with an ipod touch, which is their primary competitor at this point(at least until PSP2). apple is having no problem creating the "MUST BUY attitude" at that price tag. Some people will say that they aren't really comparable, but thats not really the case any more. The touch is very much marketed as a gaming/app device first and foremost.

the real problem will be getting people to buy more than a few games at 40 bucks a pop when comparable titles go for 5-10 bucks on the app store- like Madden and Gameloft's asphalt.

I'm actually going to wait on the 3ds (this from a man with 1,000s of nintendo products collected and 100's of systems). I just got a 25th anniversary dsi xl before xmas and not played it hardly any and have lots of great ds games I've not touched. When that new mario game comes out I will be wanting a bundle deal with it because I'm sure I won't be able to resist at that point.

[quote name='sonicemerald']I have $200 gamestop credit... and now I'm wondering if I can transfer that to amazon... no tax would be awesome....[/QUOTE]

Depends on your state, but most Gamestops won't charge tax if you use all trade-in credit to pay for the 3DS. Kids and I traded in a bunch of games with their last promos and we got enough credit for a 3DS and 3 games tax free.

Like someone said, look at how hard the Wii was to find. I want to lock in a preorder now, which is why I ordered one the week they were listed. I'm a sucker for new technology, and I want to see this 3D without glasses gimmick.

In the meantime, I'm paying it off and putting money back little by little. I'm definitely looking forward to the 3DS being released.

In 4 one on Amazon.

No tax is nice, but amazon as a company has no question made me loyal as a customer.

Considering how big Amazon is as a company, their customer service is second to none except for some mom and pop places I've been to.

Proportionally speaking, considering how much smaller GameStop is as a company, they should deliver games to my place in their own vehicles. Instead I have to stop by their place and pray the new games I buy are actually... new.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Like someone said, look at how hard the Wii was to find. I want to lock in a preorder now, which is why I ordered one the week they were listed. I'm a sucker for new technology, and I want to see this 3D without glasses gimmick.

In the meantime, I'm paying it off and putting money back little by little. I'm definitely looking forward to the 3DS being released.[/QUOTE]

You hit the nail on the head. :applause:

Walmart.com said they were done with pre-orders the other day, but now they list the system as in stock and ready to be shipped out on March 27. I hope that is accurate and stays that way, since I may have some Walmart credit coming my way soon. I do have an Amazon pre-order that I put in a month ago, but obviously credit (gift cards) is better than spending cash, even if tax and shipping will add $30 to the total.

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']
Proportionally speaking, considering how much smaller GameStop is as a company, they should deliver games to my place in their own vehicles. Instead I have to stop by their place and pray the new games I buy are actually... new.[/QUOTE]
Gamestop is a Fortune 500 company, making over $9 billion in revenue last year. They are smaller than Amazon, but not with respect to American companies.

I agree with everyone that said Amazon is the best deal. No tax + prime shipping which saves you $20. Waiting a extra day or two is fine for me considering I'm buying no games with it.

[quote name='180husher']Depends on your state, but most Gamestops won't charge tax if you use all trade-in credit to pay for the 3DS. Kids and I traded in a bunch of games with their last promos and we got enough credit for a 3DS and 3 games tax free.[/QUOTE]

I did that also. Used recent GS promos to rack up credit, then used it to pay off my 3DS and a game. All tax-free :D

Amazon is not tax-free in NY but they used to be...those were the days...:cry:

bread's done
Back