Let's call a portable truce! (Spoiler!!! Warning WORST POST EVER!!!)

jkam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
258 (100%)
After playing my DS last night I realized that it is a lot different from what the PSP will be. I dug that. Now I can have a unique experience on each and most of all have some FUN!!!! I'm going to put both of my portables on the same shelf at home and I expect something like this will happen:

sonypsp0oo.jpg

nintendods019vi.jpg

[quote name='CheapyD']Maybe they can have next-generation handheld babies.[/quote]

Hmmm.... :whistle2:k

PSP graphics
PSP screen size
DS touch screen
DS dual screen
DS battery life

= holy S$%T!

This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.

[quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

So, I guess we could say it's also Nintendo's fault the Dreamcast died, too. If it weren't for that slip up by Nintendo, then Sony wouldn't have been around to beat the shit outta the DC. And then if Nintendo didn't slip up, then Sony wouldn't have came around and brought gaming to the mainstream and then Microsoft wouldn't have made the Xbox and then Bungie wouldn't have made Halo and then Microsoft wouldn't have made Xbox Live because Microsoft wouldn't be in the hardware business if it weren't for Sony and then Bungie wouldn't make Halo 2 and then we couldn't play it online, but instead we'd be playing Phantasy Star Redux Ver. 5.67 Episode 7 1/2 on our Dreamcasts because the Dreamcast wouldn't have died because if Nintendo would have let Sony develop the CD-based system for them, Sony would have never developed the PSone and then made the PS2, which ultimately struck the Dreamcast with a deathblow and if it weren't for what Nintendo did we also wouldn't have had mature games which means there would be no Grand Theft Auto and J.K. Rowling would never have written Harry Potter and millions of kids around the world would start killing themselves because they would have picked up drugs instead of reading a good children's book.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

So, I guess we could say it's also Nintendo's fault the Dreamcast died, too. If it weren't for that slip up by Nintendo, then Sony wouldn't have been around to beat the shit outta the DC. And then if Nintendo didn't slip up, then Sony wouldn't have came around and brought gaming to the mainstream and then Microsoft wouldn't have made the Xbox and then Bungie wouldn't have made Halo and then Microsoft wouldn't have made Xbox Live because Microsoft wouldn't be in the hardware business if it weren't for Sony and then Bungie wouldn't make Halo 2 and then we couldn't play it online, but instead we'd be playing Phantasy Star Redux Ver. 5.67 Episode 7 1/2 on our Dreamcasts because the Dreamcast wouldn't have died because if Nintendo would have let Sony develop the CD-based system for them, Sony would have never developed the PSone and then made the PS2, which ultimately struck the Dreamcast with a deathblow and if it weren't for what Nintendo did we also wouldn't have had mature games which means there would be no Grand Theft Auto and J.K. Rowling would never have written Harry Potter and millions of kids around the world would start killing themselves because they would have picked up drugs instead of reading a good children's book.[/quote]

Or if Nntendo hadn't chickened out on selling the SNES-CD and clobbered Sega's already failing efforts on that front. Terrible policy decision. The competition fails at a new product category, so you kill your own version even though it's much more powerful and lower priced.

oh boy...I think you may have opened a can of worms with this one!

And what's funny is that I bet a good many gamers didn't even know about the failed Sony/Nintendo alliance until EGM published that "biggest mistakes" list....

i dont see why people get up in arms over these portables, as the OP said, they are different worlds.

i prefer the DS at the momnet because more of the games comming out this year appeal to me than the psp games.

the only thing i hate about the psp is the high prices on both the system and the games.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Microsoft wouldn't have made the Xbox and then Bungie wouldn't have made Halo and then Microsoft wouldn't have made Xbox Live because Microsoft wouldn't be in the hardware business if it weren't for Sony and then Bungie wouldn't make Halo 2 and then we couldn't play it online,[/quote]

Hate to say this, Halo is good, but is a shell of what it was supposed to be BEFORE the whole XBox exclusive thing. And I'm fairly sure there would have been a Halo 2, AND online support in Halo 1.

[quote name='organicow']oh boy...I think you may have opened a can of worms with this one!

And what's funny is that I bet a good many gamers didn't even know about the failed Sony/Nintendo alliance until EGM published that "biggest mistakes" list....[/quote]

I think a lot of us around here did. I know I did.

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

So, I guess we could say it's also Nintendo's fault the Dreamcast died, too. If it weren't for that slip up by Nintendo, then Sony wouldn't have been around to beat the shit outta the DC. And then if Nintendo didn't slip up, then Sony wouldn't have came around and brought gaming to the mainstream and then Microsoft wouldn't have made the Xbox and then Bungie wouldn't have made Halo and then Microsoft wouldn't have made Xbox Live because Microsoft wouldn't be in the hardware business if it weren't for Sony and then Bungie wouldn't make Halo 2 and then we couldn't play it online, but instead we'd be playing Phantasy Star Redux Ver. 5.67 Episode 7 1/2 on our Dreamcasts because the Dreamcast wouldn't have died because if Nintendo would have let Sony develop the CD-based system for them, Sony would have never developed the PSone and then made the PS2, which ultimately struck the Dreamcast with a deathblow and if it weren't for what Nintendo did we also wouldn't have had mature games which means there would be no Grand Theft Auto and J.K. Rowling would never have written Harry Potter and millions of kids around the world would start killing themselves because they would have picked up drugs instead of reading a good children's book.[/quote]

Or if Nntendo hadn't chickened out on selling the SNES-CD and clobbered Sega's already failing efforts on that front. Terrible policy decision. The competition fails at a new product category, so you kill your own version even though it's much more powerful and lower priced.[/quote]

It would be interesting to see what would have happened. But i have no problem with the scenario. I hate new, mainstream games like GTA. All I really play are odd, japanese style games, mainly nintendo stuff and games like katamari damacy and disgaea. I'd be thrilled if sony and microsoft had never entered the market and it had stayed sega and nintendo.

[quote name='Alpha2']If you're older than 20 you probably already knew.[/quote]

Yeah, I knew, as did many others. I'm just saying that when EGM published that little tidbit, it informed a bunch of younger gamers who weren't around back then. I personally remember that period as being very exciting - you had talk of the big N using CD add-ons (and even rumors that you would be able to buy CDs that contained additional levels, dungeons, etc, to games you already owned on carts), and then the 3DO and PSX came out... all very exciting, even if they didn't all succeed!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

Halo would still be around and so would Halo2 they would just be on Mac and PC Only. On top of that MS would have never purchesed Bungie they would still be making great games Halo would have been released way back in Q1 2000. Insted of Q4 2001.
Myth 4 would be out by now, along with Oni 2.

If Nintendo and Sony stayed together, The PSOne would not have existed.
Nintendo would have adopeted CD sooner.
Square and Nintendo would have never split.
Nintendo would still be #1.
The Sega Saturn whould have still failed.
The DreamCast would still be alive.
Video games would still be mainstreem.

MS may or may not have entered the market. That is a unknow.

GTA would still be around because it started on the PC first.

J.K. Rowling would have still written Harry Potter.

[quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

Halo would still be around and so would Halo2 they would just be on Mac and PC Only. On top of that MS would have never purchesed Bungie they would still be making great games Halo would have been released way back in Q1 2000. Insted of Q4 2001.

J.K. Rowling would have still written Harry Potter.[/quote]

Sorry, but you are wrong.

[quote name='jkam']After playing my DS last night I realized that it is a lot different from what the PSP will be. I dug that. Now I can have a unique experience on each and most of all have some FUN!!!! I'm going to put both of my portables on the same shelf at home and I expect something like this will happen:

sonypsp0oo.jpg

nintendods019vi.jpg
[/quote]

and then:

dsp.jpg

I'm SO going to hell for this one.

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='jkam']After playing my DS last night I realized that it is a lot different from what the PSP will be. I dug that. Now I can have a unique experience on each and most of all have some FUN!!!! I'm going to put both of my portables on the same shelf at home and I expect something like this will happen:

sonypsp0oo.jpg

nintendods019vi.jpg
[/quote]

and then:

dsp.jpg

I'm SO going to hell for this one.[/quote]

I shall name thee SINtendo!

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

Sorry, but you are wrong.[/quote]

How am I wrong? Hmm...

[quote name='Alpha2'][quote name='jkam']After playing my DS last night I realized that it is a lot different from what the PSP will be. I dug that. Now I can have a unique experience on each and most of all have some FUN!!!! I'm going to put both of my portables on the same shelf at home and I expect something like this will happen:

sonypsp0oo.jpg

nintendods019vi.jpg
[/quote]

and then:

dsp.jpg

I'm SO going to hell for this one.[/quote]

\:D/

[quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

How am I wrong? Hmm...[/quote]

It's plain as day. Everyone can see why.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

It's plain as day. Everyone can see why.[/quote]

Lets see its a FACT that Halo was in development waaay before the Xbox. And was orignally planed for just the PC and Mac, with a port for the PS2 in the cards.

GTA1 and 2 where out for the PC and the series would have live on there.
DreamCast got a port of GTA2 sooooo GTA 3 could have lived as a DreamCast series.

I'm pretty sure J.K. Rowling created Harry Potter for her own personal gain and not to fight the Playstation.

If Nintendo and Sony were still working together that would mean that they didn't drop the CD add-on which would mean that the N64 would have most likely been CD based because they would have seen that CDs were then next best media.

With No PSOne and Nintendo useing CDs Square wouldn't have left.

Sega Saturn sucked, end of story, BUT that doesn't mean Sega would have discontinued it. It would have most likely stayed in the fight agenst the N64. Infact had the Saturn stayed in the market the GameGear may have also lived on. When the Saturn died Sega killed all their consoles.

Without the PS2 as a threat the DreamCast would have stayed around much longer, the GameCube would have still beaten it but it would still be here.

The Xbox is still an unkown

I think the Ds and Psp are going to co-exist together. Just like the old Snes and Genesis days, but now in portables. And let's not forget about Microsoft's Gizmondo.

[quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

Lets see its a FACT that Halo was in development waaay before the Xbox. And was orignally planed for just the PC and Mac, with a port for the PS2 in the cards.

DreamCast got a port of GTA2 sooooo GTA 3 could have lived as a DreamCast series.

I'm pretty sure J.K. Rowling created Harry Potter for her own personal gain and not to fight the Playstation.

If Nintendo and Sony were still working together that would mean that they didn't drop the CD add-on which would mean that the N64 would have most likely been CD based because they would have seen that CDs were then next best media.

Sega Saturn sucked, end of story, BUT that doesn't mean Sega would have discontinued it. It would have most likely stayed in the fight agenst the N64. Infact had the Saturn stayed in the market the GameGear may have also lived on. When the Saturn died Sega killed all their consoles.

Without the PS2 as a threat the DreamCast would have stayed around much longer, the GameCube would have still beaten it but it would still be here.

The Xbox is still an unkown[/quote]

I can't believe you are still trying to argue with my obvious facts. Fighting my logic will only hurt your mind.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CapAmerica'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='cdeener']This has got to be the silliest thing I have ever seen but we all know if it weren't for a slip up by the Big N once upon a time Sony wouldn't even be the player they are.[/quote]

Oh he went there!

The Xbox is still an unkown[/quote]

I can't believe you are still trying to argue with my obvious facts. Fighting my logic will only hurt your mind.[/quote]

And I can't believe you two are still quoting this massive set of quotes!!! :p

[quote name='punqsux']i dont see why people get up in arms over these portables, as the OP said, they are different worlds.

i prefer the DS at the momnet because more of the games comming out this year appeal to me than the psp games.

the only thing i hate about the psp is the high prices on both the system and the games.[/quote]

Well put. I have to agree with you there; looking over a list of games that I'd want for both, I want probably 4 times as many DS games this year as I do PSP games. Then again, that's saying any of them come out...though I'm hopeful. They'll both be good, in their own rights, and, as CAGs, we should want as many handhelds/consoles as we can get, so long as they're cheap.

[quote name='CheapyD']Maybe they can have next-generation handheld babies.[/quote]

Probably more like bastard children. The DSP would be all half and half, like above. And all the other handhelds would make fun of it's background.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']
I can't believe you are still trying to argue with my obvious facts. Fighting my logic will only hurt your mind.[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

*Ahem* He is correct, there's no need to argue any further.

bread's done
Back