Amazon Dotd bunch of disgaea games

[quote name='eau']It's strange that all of them are being sold by Deal Tavern. Prime eligible.[/QUOTE]

its not that weird other than it being dotd.

there is something called fulfillment by amazon where you ship amazon your product they store it in their warehouse and then sell it on their website for you and ship it for you and handle the customer service for you, all for a cut

Fulfillment by amazon makes it qualify for FSSS and Prime thats all.

I still have my copy of the first game unopened on the PS2... maybe i should get a PSP copy to actually give the game a shot.

[quote name='storino03']Got Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days for my collection. Keeping it sealed. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Play that shit! :bomb:

The PS2 and PS3 games are in the 80s on GameRankings. I've ignored them until now, maybe my loss. Still, they look like they're for hard-core JRPG fans.

[quote name='eau']It's strange that all of them are being sold by Deal Tavern. Prime eligible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I would rather have Amazon as the seller than a third party. It's also more of a nuissance if you have problems with the item. I remember Amazon wouldn't let me exchange a defective game for another since I bought through a third party, so I just returned it.

Disgaea 3 is $19.99 on the NISA store, and comes with the separate soundtrack (full on CD case with some cool art). I got it with my Neptunia order.

If I had not bought 2 PS3 games the past week, I'd be all over this....

(That and, Disgaea 1 just isn't as much fun on the PSP as it was on the PS2. I think Etna's voice ruined it for me.)

I got Disgaea 3 on my wish list, but it would seem that $22.99 is a bit too much (?) For Deal of the Day, $7 discount isn't that much IMO.

@Amblix: I'll check NISA store, but just wondering, is that + tax and shipping?

Edit: The game isn't showing up there.

@bruceg: I also agree with ya. Even tho it's fulfilled, I'd rather buy it when it's sold and shipped by Amazon. But, specifically the case you mention, was that seller fulfilled by Amazon or a normal third party? If I'm not wrong fulfilled by Amazon means that Amazon covers it when something happens (which is basically almost the same as if they sold it by themselves).

[quote name='jubeininja69']get disgaea 2 now. it's been oop for a while.[/QUOTE]

Every one of these games got a reprint recently, hence why you're seeing them available again. They aren't rare.

Deal Tavern probably just adjusted their prices when the deal of the day hit so they would be the top merchant on the product page

Disgaea 3 was higher yesterday sold by Amazon

[quote name='jacknicklson']Deal Tavern probably just adjusted their prices when the deal of the day hit so they would be the top merchant on the product page

Disgaea 3 was higher yesterday sold by Amazon[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but if you notice, the link that goes to Deal Tavern's products (thru Deal of the Day page) doesn't have any other buying choices on the right (compared to other products). At first I thought that they were the only ones selling it.

If you check Amazon's one the box shows up (More Buying Choices).

To confirm I went to another product page that was not being sold directly by Amazon (because their price is lower), and the More Buying Choices box does appear.

Well it wouldnt be the first time, I believe hubbagames was part of the deal of the day at some point as well as others. Anyway, pretty good prices for those looking for these

Dang, I wish I knew if I was going to love Disgaea! I *JUST* bought the first one for PSP with the reprint, but I'm iffy on risking 2 and 3! Cool they reprinted stuff though :)

[quote name='yingfo']Hmm would it be better to get the PSP or the PS2 version?[/QUOTE]

Personally I'd always rather have the portable version if they're at all comparable. Even more with this where it's apparently crazy long...to me it's way better being able to play it anywhere (in the house, in the world, whatever :) )

Storyline wise, what would it be like if I started with 3? Would that ruin the series for me? I have access to a PS3, but the PSP is on it's last legs and not all that excited about dragging the PS2 out anytime soon. Yes yes I know, 1 and 2 are apparently superior games to 3, but I've wanted to try this series and the PS3 is available.

Thoughts?

[quote name='dustdingo']Storyline wise, what would it be like if I started with 3? Would that ruin the series for me? I have access to a PS3, but the PSP is on it's last legs and not all that excited about dragging the PS2 out anytime soon. Yes yes I know, 1 and 2 are apparently superior games to 3, but I've wanted to try this series and the PS3 is available.

Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It won't ruin it for you. There are subtle jokes, from the other series and you won't get some of the cameos but it will still be enjoyable.

Infinite list price may be $19.99, but it is really hard to find at that price online or off, so if you are a fan of the series, it could be well worth picking up.

How does the Disgaea series compare to Tactics Ogre? I'm currently playing TO and it's pretty good. As good as FFT.

How is it compared to it overall?

I would get everything from that list if I didn't already own everything from that list lol. I'm a huge Disgaea fan so I got all that a long time ago.

[quote name='anbu-black-ops']How does the Disgaea series compare to Tactics Ogre? I'm currently playing TO and it's pretty good. As good as FFT.

How is it compared to it overall?[/QUOTE]

Tactics Ogre and FFT play very similarly to Disgaea. I consider those three games among the same play style. I think Disgaea is much deeper and more enjoyable in the long term though. It has more bonus dungeons, WAYYYYYYY more items and levels (9999 is the max level i think), and they have the dark assembly which is really cool. FFT and OBT are still my favorite games of all time, but Disgaea, especially the first, is a VERY close second.

Disgaea fans: I am interested in playing the Disgaea series. I am not really worried about playing them out of order, so if I pick one game to be my entry into the series what would your recommendations be? Thanks.

[quote name='Fonz72']Disgaea fans: I am interested in playing the Disgaea series. I am not really worried about playing them out of order, so if I pick one game to be my entry into the series what would your recommendations be? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The first one - PSP easily. I have the first one on PS2 (120 hours played) and the first one again on PSP (300 hours played). It's a very deep game.

I have the second one on PS2 but got it after PS3 came out, so it is harder to play. I plan on picking it up on PSP today.

The third one is the weakest in the series IMO, but still good. I picked it up for about $15 back when Gamestop was doing a sale and it's well worth that.

seems just like the PS2 one out there now
was thinking about '3' for the PS3 but it wasn't much different then regular anyways

[quote name='eugaet']This. :cry:[/QUOTE]

It's on the PSP though, so there's not really a reason to buy the DS one, although it's supposed to be a good port for what it is.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's on the PSP though, so there's not really a reason to buy the DS one, although it's supposed to be a good port for what it is.[/QUOTE]

Unless of course, the buyer owns a DS but not a PSP :p. I would say that is a pretty good reason.

The PSP games are now $19.99 (w/prime shipping) btw. Still sold by Deal Tavern.

Disgaea 1:
http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-After...ZI0E/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299699657&sr=8-3

Disgaea 2:
http://www.amazon.com/Disgaea-2-Dark-Hero-Sony-PSP/dp/B0029ZUPSQ/ref=pd_bxgy_vg_img_b

Edit: After sitting at $19.99 for a few minutes, Disgaea 2 went back up to $23....weird.
Edit2 2: Now Disgaea is back to $23. Glad I grabbed it for $19.99 while it was up for a few minutes. Must have been a weird glitch.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's on the PSP though, so there's not really a reason to buy the DS one, although it's supposed to be a good port for what it is.[/QUOTE]Unless you don't have a PSP.

I can honestly say I don't know anyone (IRL) w/ a PSP. I've never even seen one out in the wild. Seriously.

Went ahead and ordered both D2s. So now the only N1 games I need is Soul Nomad and I'll be up to date with their English releases.

So, assuming I've never played a Disgaea, which should I get? Actually, should I get any if I've had trouble getting into something like FF: Tactics? =) I've just heard a lot of good things about the series...

[quote name='heyheyhey11']Anyone who cares, disgaea 1 for psp is 15 bucks at PSN.[/QUOTE]

I think disgaea 2 is 19.99 and infinite is 14.99 as well on PSN, and they've been that price for a while. But people seem to hate digital distribution. Worth noting that if anyone upgrades to the still price-less NGP or PSP2 or whatever they want to call it, the digital downloads will be the only version that works on it.

bread's done
Back