Electronic Cigarettes

jgiovanni

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
Hey guys, I don't know how many of you are smokers that are on here but I am a smoker that smokes aprrox. 1 pack every day and a half to tow days and am trying to cut downa nd eventually quit. I did try prescribed pharmaceuticals but that did not work.

If any of you are using electronic cigarettes, can you plese tell me your opinions of them and if you can, please recommend some companies to me that make the best product.

Thanks in advance.

I have two joye510 e-cigs. They came in a 2 pack from cignot.com for $35. They are interesting but unfortunately can't compare to the real thing. I felt that I couldn't kick both the physical dependence and the actual habit at once, so I figured this was the ideal solution. By habit, I mean the act of smoking (something in your hand, arm to mouth motion, the act of inhaling, etc.). Anyway, I purchased them from cignot because they had the best price on the best reviewed model. I was unable to quit using them.

I suppose part of this could have been my mentality at the time. I felt obligated to quit rather than having the desire to quit. I did supplement a portion of the real cigarettes I would have normally smoked with the e-cig, and I believe I was saving some money. I was also under a lot of stress at the time which was definitely a trigger for me.

Since that time, I began what I suppose you would call a journey of self-improvement (JOSI). I haven't touched a cigarette in 73 days now. Ultimately, I quit using the Equate nicotine patches at Wal-Mart and by having the drive to do so. I smoked around a pack a day for 4 years and had smoked casually for 3 years prior to that. If I stayed on the patches for the rest of my life, it would still be cheaper than smoking a pack a day. Truly, I feel that the mentality you have about quitting supersedes the method used. I hope this was helful and wish you the best of luck.

P.S. Quitting is phenomenal. I am so much more physically active nowadays as opposed to how I was before. I feel better when I wake up and have more energy throughout the day. The sense of accomplishment I feel is unrivaled. It's undoubtedly worth quitting for more reasons than just your health, though that would be the primary reason.

Hey,

Don't post to much, mostly lurk arround here.

I use e-cigs. I have 2 joye510e. I have a set, my wife hasa a set, and my brother I just got a set for christmas. My wife and I were 1 pack a day smokers for 20+ years, (started about 14 ot 15) and my brother was a 2 pack a day smoker.

Now, if you are looking to quit, I would not recommend them. If you are looking to save money, then HELL YAH!

I use my e-cig for 12 hours every day 7am to 7pm while at work. Once I get home I have a real cig or 2, but I have went from a pack a day to a mabey 2 to 3 packs a week.

No you must realize, it is not a real cigarette. It does satisyfy the nicotine cravings. You need to find the correct strength e-juice for yourself. I smoked lights and aam using a 12mg juice. My wife also smoked lights, but she uses a 6mg juice. My brother on the other hand is using a 18mg to 24mg juice. The 15ml bottles of juice go for about 10 bucks and seem to last about 3 weeks.

2 sites I would recommend are

vapehut.com
vermontvapors.com

Both have starter kits. I also recommend watching some vids on youtube, look for zigcig. He is trying to sell the products, but he has good demonstrations.

The e-cigs definatly take some getting used to. They hurt my throat for about the 1st week or 2 but that subsided. I am no longer coughning up tons of phlem in the morning (1st plus). Also. I am in vermont and a pack of mokes is $8.50 so the money I am saving is tremendus.

I have been using the e-cigs for a year now and couldn't see going back to analogs all the time.

I recommend getting the mega batteries when ordering. They last a lot longer than the normals. Vape Hut has the starter kit with mega batteries for about 60 bucks. If you get the starter kit and some juice shipping is free on 75 dollars. They do have a manual butten you must push when smoking, but you can controle the length of the drag, ect. The require a longer drag than a real cig.

I have had 1 atomizer and 1 battery die in the year I have been using them. It was like 10 buck for each piece to replace.

If you have an questions, let me know. Their are tons of flavors and whatnot, and each person will have their own likes and dislikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been smoking e-cigs for over a year now. I ordered several batteries from Premium, as they have a decent return policy. However, the best place to go for cartomizers in my opinion is Vapor4Life. They have fairly reasonable prices on their carts... probably the most affordable route to go (they always have email coupon deals... currently 33% off your order) unless you want to refill your own carts. The also sell blank carts and juice... and I also think they have the best variety of flavors available. I started refilling my own... but it was more of a hassle than it was worth (I also like to get mail ;)).

My wife and I place an order approximately every three weeks. We typically order five packs of carts... which is apparently the equivalent of approximately 2 cartons of cigarettes. We "vape" pretty heavy though... so sometimes we burn through five packs in two and a half weeks. Given V4L's prices with coupons, we spend about $36-$48 on carts every three weeks. Hell of a lot cheaper than cigarettes!

V4L has good batteries as well. I have a USB passthrough from V4L that I use in my office at work. My Premium battery has been going strong for almost 10 months now.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I don't smoke, but since my dad asked me to buy ecigs for him to try, I had to research for some good ecigs and stores. I found this forum: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ There is a lot of information on that forum and people who are willing to help. They also have a section where store owners can come to promote their stuff, post deals, and talk to customers.

I recommend you to go to that site to gain more knowledge and user reviews.

@jgiovanni: I used to be a pretty heavy smoker and I've smoked for over a decade straight. I wish you luck in your efforts to quit, but I gotta say, I don't know of anyone that has quit gradually, with patches/gum or by using replacements like e-cigarettes. The only successful way to quit is to want to quit, you can hear everyone else's justifications till you're blue in the face, but you know deep down that their opinions about how you run your life just don't matter.

Only way I quit was by doing it cold turkey. I've seen my friends try everything, patches, gum, it just doesn't work. You just gotta grab your existing pack when you have your next craving, crush it and toss it out and resist caving or bumming from your friends. When you've stopped for a long while, you'll likely get sick, really sick, but you will get better. Time heals all.

Some things I've learned though, being around other smokers will make it hard for you to quit. I'm generalizing, but the only way I can explain it is that other smokers just don't want you to succeed at quitting when they know you're trying, its subconscious. When your friends go to smoke, don't go with them. When they hassle you about quitting or offer you one, don't take it.

At your worst days during the first few weeks of going cold turkey, the entire world may seem against you, but if you really want to quit, you will. I haven't smoked cigarettes in over a year and a half since the day I decided not to anymore. It feels much longer.

Good luck to you.

Hello,
I tried electronic cigarettes but i don't like them tough. i know that many people going towards them but they are not as same like our normal cigarettes.

thanks!!

Would have never guessed any CAGs smoke, haha. I'm glad someone brought this up as I've been trying to quit for about a year now, from when I started smoking on a consistent basis. I went from smoking about a pack a day for about 8 months to about 3 or 4 cigarettes the last 4 months or so.

I've been looking for some alternative like this, but wasn't sure on which to try. I guess I'll go for the joye510.

Just curious, but when does everyone get the craving the worst? I've noticed that mornings are by far the worst time for me. I feel as if my whole day is messed up if I don't have one by the time work rolls around.

Turns out I bumped the wrong thread.  Oops.  I'll just C&P what I wrote there.

Was a half-pack-a-day smoker for several years until a friend recommended this electronic doohickey.  I bought an eGo kit back in February of this year and have been nearly 100% smoke-free since then.  My only "slip up" was intentional, wanted to see how analogs (what vapers call standard tobacco cigarettes) felt/tasted after months of being away from them.  It tasted awful, making me wonder how I ever tolerated it for so long in the first place.

I now own two different APV (advanced personal vaporizer) mods, a handful of different style cartomizers and tanks, plus about a dozen different flavors of nicotine liquid.  I can say with 99.99% certainty that I am never going back to analogs, unless the FDA decides to do the unthinkable and over-regulate their sales.  I can understand the concerns that certain flavors appeal to children and teenagers, but that's such a fallacy -- adults don't like those flavors either?  C'mon, man.  I full anticipate the FDA will make a ruling shortly after Washington gets its act together and ends the current shutdown.

Before I continue rambling, I feel much healthier, my clothes no longer reek of smoke, my sense of smell has returned and my wallet is fatter (overall price difference is half to one third the cost of analogs in my case).  I also feel much less self conscious when using them in public areas (which I rarely do).  

I highly recommend any smokers out there that read this to give it a try.  Here is a great blog introduction if you're curious:  http://godofsteam.wo...ntro-to-vaping/

There is also a massive user forum discussing everything related to vaping:  http://www.e-cigaret...orum.com/forum/

And a few subreddits on reddit as well.  That's pretty much all the resources anyone could need.

ooo... ecig!

don't have a lot of time, I will post some proper response, but just want to share some of my joy.  got a few more mod since.

batt_mods_1_zps32ebae82.jpg

GG_Penelop_2.jpg

DID_ProvariMiniWhite_1.jpg

Only way I quit was by doing it cold turkey
Ditto, its all a mind game, you can only win this mind game if you really want to quit. IMHO there is no reason to to supplement with patches or anything if you wish to quit the addiction go all in. The first 2-4 days are a real pain in the arse, but from there on its easy street. I've been smoke free for almost 2 1/2 years now and can't imagine going back.

I've been vaping for over 2 1/2 years now cigarette free. Everyone here has good advice and if you do check out the e-cig forum (some have posted the link), it can be overwhelming at first but you'll get the hang of it. 

Truthfully I'd offer some advice but it's really up to you if you want to quit smoking cigarettes. I've helped some of my friends that wanted to quit but didn't. But if you do make it, you'll feel so much better. Your sense of smell returns and your taste too!

My fiance used to be a 2 pack a day smoker and started with an ecig about a year and a half ago.  She still smokes some (when she's outside, in her own car alone, etc) but she's down to a pack and a half a week.  While I'd love for her to quit completely, I'll take this.

She's been using the Joye 510T, but it seems a lot of our usual online sellers are dropping Joyetech and the ones that still carry them are raising their prices.  

What kind are the rest of you using and would suggest?  Simple and cheap, but must use e-juice. She is very careless and does not take care of them, and usually goes through a few atomizers a month, and batteries only fare so much better.

ooo... ecig!

don't have a lot of time, I will post some proper response, but just want to share some of my joy. got a few more mod since.

batt_mods_1_zps32ebae82.jpg

GG_Penelop_2.jpg

DID_ProvariMiniWhite_1.jpg
Very jealous of your Provari. I know someone who likes it so much, they have TWO. I just can't bring myself to spend that much on a mod at this point. My first variable voltage/wattage device was the Innokin SVD, much of the same functionality for much less dough. In time, I might pull the trigger on one. What are some of those mechanicals? Again... very jealous.

My fiance used to be a 2 pack a day smoker and started with an ecig about a year and a half ago. She still smokes some (when she's outside, in her own car alone, etc) but she's down to a pack and a half a week. While I'd love for her to quit completely, I'll take this.

She's been using the Joye 510T, but it seems a lot of our usual online sellers are dropping Joyetech and the ones that still carry them are raising their prices.

What kind are the rest of you using and would suggest? Simple and cheap, but must use e-juice. She is very careless and does not take care of them, and usually goes through a few atomizers a month, and batteries only fare so much better.
I've heard great things about the MVP line from Innokin. There is a 1.0 version and a newer 2.0 version. 2.0 has a USB input/output for charging it, and it can charge up other devices (a smartphone, for example). Form factor, performance and overall quality get high marks. It's also a variable voltage/wattage device so it's easy to dial in one's preferred 'strength' during use. I nearly bought one as an alternative to my SVD (which is quite heavy and large, keep-it-at-home mod) and just a few days ago received an Express 3.0, also by Innokin. Much smaller form factor, great for travel, almost the same functionality as the MVPs and can be used while charging it.

The MVP resembles a tall pack of cards (minus an atomizer attachment), is supposed to have a long lasting built-in rechargeable battery and runs at around $55 shipped for a kit with charger, and you can probably find a discount code without too much digging to bring that down a little. There are so many online vendors now that it's easy to get lost, but I picked up my Express 3.0 from VapingMe and I'm very pleased with their service.

I use ecigs (pv) and have for about 6 years. I have used a lot of different setup and from the cig a likes to RBA. I will answer any questions i can, let me know.

If you do not need to have something like looks and feels like a cigarette.

Here is some good stuff to start off with.

Ego twist battery I would get two

http://www.vapingme.com/joyetech-ego-c-twist-batteries-650-900-1000mah/

bottom coil clearomizer (this is where your liquid goes) I would get at least 5

http://www.vapingme.com/new-kanger-t3S-bottom-coil-clearomizer-2-4-ohm-w-replaceable-coil-head/

charger

http://www.vapingme.com/ego-usb-charger/

ac to usb-  http://www.vapingme.com/joyetch-ego-usb-to-us-power-adapter/

Then for liquid i would probably start around 12mg. This place has good liquid for a great price.

http://www.mtbakervapor.com

also

and http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

are great places to look for this lots of information.

I finally picked up a Kanger Protank 2 at the same time as my Express 3.0 order (see my previous post) and I'm a little disappointed...

that I didn't pick one up sooner.  :D  It's awesome and I totally recommend it.  Will probably get another.

pt2 are good. they are really impressive if you recoil them with a micro coil.

I finally picked up a Kanger Protank 2 at the same time as my Express 3.0 order (see my previous post) and I'm a little disappointed...

that I didn't pick one up sooner. :D It's awesome and I totally recommend it. Will probably get another.

I don't know how they compare to other ecigs but my Costco just started stocking Blu starter kits for $25 and 50 refill packs for $97 (tobacco/menthol only).  It's totally YMMV since the building needs a license to sell them but that's the cheapest price for starter packs/refills that I've found.

I bought a starter pack to try out but I don't know if I'll continue with it.  I was pretty much done with nicotine anything before this so it wouldn't be a big deal to go back to cold turkey.

My sister was 2 packs a day and not had any real cigarettes since she bought the evo that has the different oils you refil it with. Menthol, non menthol, cherry, watermelon, black n mild (ect.) I have only had mine a few days any went from 1 & 1/2 packs a day to about 16 cigarettes a day. Hope to be off real cigarettes soon.

Been vaping for 2 years and couldnt be happier with Halo cigs. They carry american made e-liquids so you know you get premium quality.

Ive tried the victory and blu ecigs and as much as I want to start using them full time, they do not taste anything like smoking a real cig. I smoke American Spirit organic lights, anyone know of a juice that tastes like smoking a real cig?

Im also concerned about the reports coming out that are saying that e cigs have a very similar mix of chemicals and carcinogens to regular smokes. Im thinking it may not actually be healthier than smoking my organic additive free cigarettes.

Ive tried the victory and blu ecigs and as much as I want to start using them full time, they do not taste anything like smoking a real cig. I smoke American Spirit organic lights, anyone know of a juice that tastes like smoking a real cig?

Im also concerned about the reports coming out that are saying that e cigs have a very similar mix of chemicals and carcinogens to regular smokes. Im thinking it may not actually be healthier than smoking my organic additive free cigarettes.
I doubt those "reports" and have dismissed them as more of a smear campaign. Most liquid is made up of three things: Propylene Glycol (PG) or Vegetable Glycerine base (80-92%), and PG is used in many other things, including inhalers and other pharmaceutical applications while VG has many food applications. The other two parts are the flavoring and the nicotine. Not sure where these other "harmful chemicals" are coming from...

So I looked into it more and found the answer for myself before seeing your response. It looks like a small handful of companies that are putting additional chemicals into their juice. So of course media outlets and the fda are focused on just those companies and report like all e cigs are the same. Looks like you just need to read the ingredients before you buy.

I was able to quickly find an organic juice company from california that is reasonably priced and had good reviews. Anyone know of virgin vapors? I was looking at their tobacco and turkish coffee blends. I also found that it is commonly agreed that no vapes taste like a real smoke. So my question is for anyone who was in the same boat as me, I want something that tastes close to a real smoke(am spirits prefferably) if it exists. I also am not thrilled by sweet or overly aromatic flavors. I also live in colorado and have plenty of experience with hash vape pens and love the taste of those. So does anyone have any recommendations? Im also overwhelmed by the selection of actual vaporizers out there and was hoping someone could recommend a solid but reasonably priced vape, prefferably a refillable one.

@OlDirty,

While you're researching.  Also look into small vape meets.  I know there's one at least every month in so cali. (Glendora).  There's more spread out too..but Glendora is closest to me. I haven't been to one but people there should be more than willing to help you out.  You might be able to try out flavors you were curious or interesting in getting too.

Cant speak for everyone but I like using Vapor Renu as my vendor. USA made and better prices.  I an get a 30ml for $8. Shipping is standard $5 but I usually order more than one bottle at a time. Not sure if they have a flavor you're looking for but worth a shot to check it out.

I have never ordered from Steammonkey. But They are well known in the vapping community as a good company. That kit looks like a good deal. After you get this setup and you decide vaping is for you I would suggest picking up a second battery and some more evods (or the replacement head for the evod) if you like them.

Thanks, I gotta look into a possible meet up. I cant find any brick and mortar stores in denver. I'm thinking of grabbing this: Ego Twist Chimp Kit http://www.steammonkey.com/Ego_Twist_Kit_p/chimpkit.htm

It was recommended in the intro blog someone posted above and the price is nicer than buying the individual pieces that I was looking at. Anyone have any experience with this one?

I used to own the 1st gen ego's.  Just be careful to not drop it in water or else it's done.  The main part is the battery itself and over time the charge will lessen. This applies to all batteries.  

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I was looking around at a bunch of other stuff and I have found something that most of these sites have in common, they are out of stock of everything I want to buy! So I was thinking that Im going to stop screwing around and get that ego twist kit with some replacement coils, coils are OOS! I was going to just go with the suggestions gsr made but that site is OOS too... So I think Im just going to go with the kit and if I like it get other pieces later.

Still looking for some suggestions on juices that arent sweet.

Thanks for the input gentlemen. I was looking around at a bunch of other stuff and I have found something that most of these sites have in common, they are out of stock of everything I want to buy! So I was thinking that Im going to stop screwing around and get that ego twist kit with some replacement coils, coils are OOS! I was going to just go with the suggestions gsr made but that site is OOS too... So I think Im just going to go with the kit and if I like it get other pieces later.

Still looking for some suggestions on juices that arent sweet.
Have you tried looking for any local stores where you live? Depending on the vendor, there prices can be reasonable. Especially on the kits.

EDIT: from you previous post about not finding stores. Not sure how far you are from them but...

Ecig stores in Denver

Week and a half of the stink sticks and its literally because of this thread so thank jgiovanni, hope you made the switch too. This thing has completely replaced any craving for a smoke that I had, even when drinking and hanging out with smokers which I thought would be impossible.

Got the ego twist with the kanger t3s, im not a fan of the t3s because it leaks and is an airy hit. Got an evod and I am much happier with it. Also found a brick and mortar store(of course right after ordering a bunch of stuff online) right near the place im crashing at. If anyone is near Lohi in denver, I cant recommend the friendly folks at cignot. Mixed their coffe with a tobacco juice and good lord is it tasty.

Week and a half of the stink sticks and its literally because of this thread so thank jgiovanni, hope you made the switch too. This thing has completely replaced any craving for a smoke that I had, even when drinking and hanging out with smokers which I thought would be impossible.

Got the ego twist with the kanger t3s, im not a fan of the t3s because it leaks and is an airy hit. Got an evod and I am much happier with it. Also found a brick and mortar store(of course right after ordering a bunch of stuff online) right near the place im crashing at. If anyone is near Lohi in denver, I cant recommend the friendly folks at cignot. Mixed their coffe with a tobacco juice and good lord is it tasty.
I don't have an evod but I hear they are solid. They also use the exact same atomizer head assemblies as the Kanger Protank 2 and Davide ones, if you decide to ever pick those up -- I own two Protanks and they're great, pyrex so no risk of cracking with certain types of liquid -- they are interchangeable. Can also be rebuilt if you get into that sort of thing. I'm right on the cusp of getting into RBAs, just need to get a more accurate ohm meter.

Picked up a few flavors from the various BF/CM sales during the last week: Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions has a lot of people praising it. I like it, takes some getting used to though. It has a subtle licorice/raisin-type flavor which I normally don't like in food but it works for me in vapor form. Spurburry from Mt. Baker Vapor is pretty popular and I'm definitely on that train now; tastes just like Sweet Tarts.

Just put the juice in my t3s into the evod to do an even comparison and the evod is WAY better in my opinion. I want the protank becuase of the pyrex but its too big on my twist. Also, I really wish that the twist or anything of similar size had a warning that the battery is about to go, nothing worse than going in for a hit and being denied.

Just put the juice in my t3s into the evod to do an even comparison and the evod is WAY better in my opinion. I want the protank becuase of the pyrex but its too big on my twist. Also, I really wish that the twist or anything of similar size had a warning that the battery is about to go, nothing worse than going in for a hit and being denied.
You can get a pro tank mini it fits the look of the twist and it is still pyrex.

I don't have an evod but I hear they are solid. They also use the exact same atomizer head assemblies as the Kanger Protank 2 and Davide ones, if you decide to ever pick those up -- I own two Protanks and they're great, pyrex so no risk of cracking with certain types of liquid -- they are interchangeable. Can also be rebuilt if you get into that sort of thing. I'm right on the cusp of getting into RBAs, just need to get a more accurate ohm meter.

Picked up a few flavors from the various BF/CM sales during the last week: Boba's Bounty from Alien Visions has a lot of people praising it. I like it, takes some getting used to though. It has a subtle licorice/raisin-type flavor which I normally don't like in food but it works for me in vapor form. Spurburry from Mt. Baker Vapor is pretty popular and I'm definitely on that train now; tastes just like Sweet Tarts.
RBA's are the way to go. I have a igo L that I run at .7ohms on a duke, and I run a age t2 with micro coil at 1.3ohm on my Vamo. You will go throughout juice a lot faster but I love it.

Well, after months of telling her to switch, my fiance is finally fed up with the 510 Joyetech-style e-cig.  In the past month, we have received nothing but duds (both batteries and atomizers) from several different retailers.  So since we had a little Amazon credit lying around, I ordered an iTaste MVP v2 for her.  Reviews seem to be pretty good, so here's hoping it's worth the price.

Anybody recommend the aspire nautilus ?
I don't have one but it gets a lot of praise on various forums for providing very good flavor. The replacement coils are around $2 each if you buy a 5-pack. According to Rip of RipTrippers (check youtube, he has a lot of helpful videos), they can be rebuilt, but not without a lot of patience and a steady hand.

The tanks are made of glass so that's a plus if you have any juices known to crack plastic tanks, but I've also seen a few people post pictures of their broken tank -- I've dropped my pyrex Protanks a couple times and no damage yet.

Overall they seem like a good choice. I'm waiting for a sub-$20 price before I even think about picking one up -- now that I have a few rebuildable dripping atomizers, I don't really have much interest in another tank system (I have a Kayfun clone that works well for this purpose). The flavor I'm getting from a dual-coil RDA is incredible and I doubt any tank setup could match it.

bread's done
Back