Direct2Drive - Mafia II $6 AC

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']Whoever just bought it on steam just got owned. [/QUOTE]

Oh look, D2D still has the Digital Deluxe edition for $60.

Yeah whoever said people got owned is dumb. Saving $1.50 isn't really that big of a deal
I was going to grab it on Steam but was going to wait until tomorrow, but noticed this so I bought it
If I had gotten it for $7.50, not that much of a problem lol

[quote name='Nohbdy']Oh look, D2D still has the Digital Deluxe edition for $60.[/QUOTE]

"like"

That's the one I got on STEAM.

Lol, I don't know about the op's "owned" statement, but it amuses me how quickly the cult of steam jumps in to defend their precious. I don't understand what valve did to inspire such loyalty, but no other game download service has it. (Don't get me wrong I love steam and have over a 100 games on steam)

Anywho, good find op!

Brettsp, you sir are why they put "do not hold the wrong end of a chainsaw" warning label on chainsaws nowadays.

Wow... okay, I said "owned" in a lighthearted way in the nature of being a true "Cheap Ass Gamer" - every dollar counts.

To the people who bought the digital deluxe, D2D offers a terrible price (59.99) and the better deal is obviously on the Steam Site. To those that just want the regular version, it's a better deal on D2D.

To the person said that he'd rather pay $1.50 to have it on Steam, the game HAS to be activated on Steam regardless of where you originally purchased it.

Finally, I noticed a good idea on SD where it was suggested to combine the base game and the two $10 DLC packs with the $10 for $20 coupon circulating around here for around $16.00 net total.

[quote name='gunstar808']Just tried buying from D2D and got a message saying that it had to be reviewed by a CSR.

-[/QUOTE]
Same here :\

Worked for me without a problem. Thanks OP... don't let the peanut gallery get you down. This thread is a great addition to CAG and is in the spirit of the site -- you saved me a $1.50. As you said, every dollar counts because it looks better in my wallet than in someone elses. :)

[quote name='brettsp']I would gladly pay an extra 1.50 to have it on steam[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JokerWild']Brettsp, you sir are why they put "do not hold the wrong end of a chainsaw" warning label on chainsaws nowadays.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Personally, I would've already pulled the trigger since Steam's announcement because I loved Mafia 1. But the estimated length of the game (12-14 hours) is quite disappointing. :whistle2:# Of course, that and my backlog isn't going to play itself. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the info, OP; even if I'm not in for one.

[quote name='DigitalE']Same here :\[/QUOTE]

same as well. did you guys use paypal? Also I think you need to contact a CSR to make it go through. Its only $1.24 more on steam for me. No big whoop. Now I just dont want D2D charging me

I made a ticket with customer service. Took maybe an hour, and I got a response from a rep clearing my account for purchase. First time I've ever had an issue buying something online. I tried first with paypal, then with my credit card.

[quote name='JokerWild']I don't understand what valve did to inspire such loyalty[/QUOTE]

Might be that Valve has consistently offered gamers incredibly cheap games over the years with the least intrusive form of DRM in the industry.

Sure, D2D has saved us $1.50 this time, but Steam has saved me thousands of dollars over the years that I have been a member...

Edit: http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/xguncrazyx

I've probably paid around $1000 or so on this account and it does not take into account the prices of the past (Now it is just calculating games at current dropped prices)

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Might be that Valve has consistently offered gamers incredibly cheap games over the years with the least intrusive form of DRM in the industry.

[/QUOTE]

Having the best price doesn't make me loyal to any one company. It just gets me to make the purchase with that store.

Disk check is the least intrusive form of drm. And it's just as effective as Steam because most pirates don't hack games. They get the cracked games from the people who do.

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Might be that Valve has consistently offered gamers incredibly cheap games over the years with the least intrusive form of DRM in the industry.

Sure, D2D has saved us $1.50 this time, but Steam has saved me thousands of dollars over the years that I have been a member...

I've probably paid around $1000 or so on this account and it does not take into account the prices of the past (Now it is just calculating games at current dropped prices)[/QUOTE]

Very cool site. Thanks for posting.

Hey, not bad...I used that 10 for 20 weshop deal and got Mafia II, the Xcom bundle and pre-ordered Dungeon Defenders for a grand total of 11.44!

Definitely a cheap purchase. I was originally confused about the discount but I will say it is good that I got a good price purchase. I liked Mafia (PC) but I guess I will have to see if Mafia 2 is good but I heard it is a good rental and I think $6 dollars is a good buy for this game.

thanks OP, worked perfect.

[quote name='DirkBelig']According to the Steam list of retail keys , Mafia 2 keys in that format are eligible, so am I correct in assuming that I could buy from D2D and then just plug the code into Steam and DL it that way?[/QUOTE]

when i bought it from D2D the directions actually have you do it that way. doesn't even look like you can download it directly from D2D.

I've probably paid around $1000 or so on this account and it does not take into account the prices of the past (Now it is just calculating games at current dropped prices)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link, and although the inquiry is OT a little, I'm not getting that tool to work. At all. I tried the 17 digit # and it says I've been a member since 1970 and have 0 games. I tried my two "Profile names" and neither get hits. Does anyone else have issues with this tool? The help page is obsolete, so to say, as the instructions are for an old version of STEAM.

BTW, I like how STEAM updates more fluidly and automatically than it seems D2D wanted to. I didn't like the fact that files for games are floating around the web called "D2D version patch"...that doesn't inspire a sense of simplicity/automation.

D2D wanted me to install Comrade or whatever it's called, and the GUI is clumsy and it's "game finding" mechanism was even worse, calling all sorts of apps on my PC "games" and not finding others, it was just a hassle. I have 5 games from D2D, but I like STEAM's discounts, simplicity and reliability. No patches or discs on my part, and the GUI and discounts are preferable to me.

[quote name='BWS1982']Thanks for the link, and although the inquiry is OT a little, I'm not getting that tool to work. At all. I tried the 17 digit # and it says I've been a member since 1970 and have 0 games. I tried my two "Profile names" and neither get hits. Does anyone else have issues with this tool? The help page is obsolete, so to say, as the instructions are for an old version of STEAM.
[/QUOTE]

Are you using the name of the account and not your display name?
(Use the name that you use to log into Steam)

Sorry for going off topic as well :bouncy:

Yeah, the display name, the login name and the 17 digits that display in the URL line were all attempted. The only one that had a "result" was the 17 digits it says to do as "the ID" in the instructions, and I wasn't even alive in 1970, let alone enjoying STEAM. :)

Alright I got it to work by setting up a custom URL, then I at least got it to "find" the account...then after that instead of friends only, I had to set it to public. The ID it came up with after all this was the one I was putting in in the instructions so I'm not sure why that was a problem. For whatever reason I found and beat a glitch in the process. Custom URL's I guess (the private part wasn't a stated issue until it found my account, I had to make it find it first)...

bread's done
Back