Xbox Triple Pack (Limbo, Splosion Man & Trials HD) $10 @ Newegg

iRandom

CAGiversary!
Feedback
271 (100%)
I figured I'd bump this back up. I know there was a sale on Limbo and Trials HD a week back
Xbox Triple Pack is $10 on Newegg w/ FS and also $11 @ Amazon (3rd party) eligible for FSSS or FS for PRIME members

Considering that most of you probably purchased Trials HD and Splosion Man, LIMBO during one of those Deal of the Week events for 400 - 600 MSP or already purchased this, I am directing this to those who haven't.

This is still overpriced at BestBuy, Kmart, TRU, and TigerDirect

Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103235&name=Xbox-360-Games

Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...1&keywords=triple+pack+xbox+360&condition=new

LIMBO
Experience the hauntingly beautiful world of “Limbo,” and take a journey of exploration with a boy uncertain of his sister’s fate. An Independent Games Festival award-winning title, “Limbo” is both hauntingly beautiful and philosophically provocative.

Trials HD
Trials HD is a full-featured, physics-based motorcycle racing game with over 50 mind-boggling tracks in two unique game modes. Race Mode emphasizes balance, skill, and control as you tackle indoor obstacle tracks. Skill Mode features extreme stunt tracks in which explosions, crashes, and injuries cannot be avoided. A level editor enables players to create, share and download an unlimited number of free tracks. The game features stunning full HD graphics, rider customization, unlockable bikes, global rankings, all new in-game friend scores, and many other fun features.

Spolsion Man
This action-packed adventure takes you through 50 unique single player levels, and 50 unique multiplayer levels (2-4 cooperative play), at a blistering pace! Easy to play, and fun for all ages, Splosion Man will have you sploding off the walls, and other players with familiar, yet innovative gameplay. Splosion Man is a life form made entirely of splosions! He was created in a laboratory by the careless corporation Big Science, who are now doing anything they can to stop Splosion Man and escape his splosive abilities.
triplepack.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh snap might get this I haven't played any of those games I bet they don't come with the DLC tho.....

They should have gone with Trials HD, Castle Crashers, and Shadow Complex and called it the Absolute Ultimate XBLA Pack!!!

That would be worth $30 to those who don't have 2/3 of them.

i just started limbo today its pretty good 2 and half hours in so far-really liked xplosion man-and trials was fun for awhile-so $30 don't seem bad keep it for a bit play them pass them get bored and sell it.

i bet youll get at least $15 for a used game like that-so for $15 to have those 3 games for about a month or 2 not bad at all

Do you get the Trials DLC? I already own Trials and DLC and Splosion but this might be a good deal just to have some great games on a disc and play offine if you needed to.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']If I played these already on Arcade, will I get double achievements?[/QUOTE]

Probably not

[quote name='HeSaveDave']Is this the normal price or is it a deal?[/QUOTE]
Its $5 cheaper than buying off the marketplace

DLC content is highly doubtful. Also, double dipping on the Achievements is more than likely a negative. This will more than likely be like all of the other XBLA comp discs.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would think almost everyone would have Splosion Man and Trials by now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, those who follow reddjoey's thread for XBLA deals should have at least Trials HD by now :lol: I do.

Over the holidays my cousin played Trials HD and he had a whole lotta fun with it. Unfortunately, I haven't played it myself. I believe I will wait on this. Thanks iRandom :D

[quote name='Kerig']They should have gone with Trials HD, Castle Crashers, and Shadow Complex and called it the Absolute Ultimate XBLA Pack!!!

That would be worth $30 to those who don't have 2/3 of them.[/QUOTE]

For those that avoid digital downloads, this would be a GREAT disc to get. These games are hella fun.

I will be waiting impatiently for a The Behemoth compilation disc. Alien Hominid-Castle Crashers-BattleBlock Theater would be a great disc. (yes I know BBT isn't released yet.)

Compilation discs never seem to sell well for whatever reason. I think a lot of people don't like the idea of having to pop the disc in to play XBLA games. Fine by me, though. Usually means these drop really far in price. Got both XBLA Unplugged and the Arcade Compilation disc for less $10 each over the years.

Nice to see these in a retail form. I'm only really interested in Limbo since I got 'splosion Man from the marketplace for ~$2 and already have Trials 2 on Steam, but would be nice to be able to grab and sell after I beat Limbo since it will probably evenutally be as cheap as the other Arcade packs.

30 bucks is a lot for these three games. Especially since I don't think Limbo is even worth 10 dollars. And Splosion Man was 180 MS points at one point.

Not much of a deal now but, once it gets marked down as "used" for $15 - $20ish then I'll bite. Was Splosion Man on sale once for 200 MSP?

Never tried Limbo or Trials. I did purchase Splosion Man when it was extremely cheap. I played it for 10-15 minutes and really wanted my points back. I can't say it's bad but it definitely was not my type of game. I know, I know, that's what demos are for. XD

wow, this is the first time they've released a disc like this and I haven'r already had the games. It sure looks different to me seeing $30.00 vs damn Micro$oft points...hope it will eventually drop.

[quote name='Kerig']They should have gone with Trials HD, Castle Crashers, and Shadow Complex and called it the Absolute Ultimate XBLA Pack!!!

That would be worth $30 to those who don't have 2/3 of them.[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought Limbo was far better then Shadow Complex. I see why you would take Splosion Man out for Castle Crashers.

Dang, I wish they'd put Shadow Complex out on disc, and I hope there's a disc sequel. Better late than never on these I suppose, but geez, how about Shadow Complex, Limbo, Braid, and...that water racing game that was originally Midway's....put those out in some form...

I want Limbo, but I already have Trials and 'Splosion Man. Oh well.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Not a fan of any of these, to be honest.[/QUOTE]

But you hate everything. :) To be fair, I'm not really a fan of 'Splosion Man, but Trials HD is the bomb.

I only have splosion man. This disk is pretty expensive for a compilation. I'm sure it will be down to 20 in the future but that seems pretty expensive still when I don't need all the games.

[quote name='SpockBlocker']If I played these already on Arcade, will I get double achievements?[/QUOTE]

No, because they're the same games. The same goes for Namco Museum Virtual Arcade, Qubed, the disc that came with the Arcade edition 360, etc.

The only exception I've ever seen is The Sacrifice for both Left for Dead and L4D2. Because they're associated with 2 different games, you can get the same set of achievements twice, assuming you pay for both.

[quote name='crunchewy']But you hate everything. :) To be fair, I'm not really a fan of 'Splosion Man, but Trials HD is the bomb.[/QUOTE]
Trials was fun for a while.

And naw, I just hate the garbage YOU like. Nobody notices the stuff I post heartfelt recommendations for. :p

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would think almost everyone would have Splosion Man and Trials by now.[/QUOTE]
Wow. How did you know what I played. O_O

Would get it (retail over download any day), but I already own Trials and Splosion.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Trials was fun for a while.

And naw, I just hate the garbage YOU like. Nobody notices the stuff I post heartfelt recommendations for. :p[/QUOTE]

I do. Most of them stink. :lol:

unless you really really want these games, save the money and get trials evolution. Trials Evolution is soooooo much better than Trials HD. It's one of the biggest leaps in any sequel. For one thing, the learning curve is much leaner than HD. Many people give up on Trials HD before even getting halfway through it. Most people get only 1/3 through it because of how hard it gets. Plus, Evolution has much better graphics that go outside the dungy warehouse. The level editor is better and you have tons and tons of tracks you can download for free with more coming out from other gamers all the time. And it has real online multiplayer that's pretty fun.

If you're only looking to dabble in these games and are the type to have samplers, this pack is great. It is a nice value. People will say, Trials HD will only cost me roughly $3 but if you barely touch the game, then it's $3 wasted.

Trials evolution is $15 not $10. Also Trials evolution will go on sale maybe not anytime soon but it will drop. And yes its a far superior game than its predecessor however this 'deal' per se is about trials hd and the othe games so let's focus on that shall we?
Yes this was on sale at bby last year for $10 and for those who bit good for them but or those who didn't this is their chance. Also trails hd currently even when on sale cost just as much as this triple pack so who in their right mind wouldn't pick this up if theyre in the market for trials hd? Although yes one could argue that by now those looking or wanted the game more than likely has by now
However in itself, this is still a good deal to say the least because damn limbo still hasn't been discounted (albeit it's been on sale twice now), trials is $10 and splosion well...you know

Also this comes with 160 msp although im not too certain it still redeemable

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm jealous of all the people who haven't played these games and only have to pay $10 to play them now.

I paid full price for all these games when they came out and didn't regret it. For $10 this is a total steal.

[quote name='dirtyvu']unless you really really want these games, save the money and get trials evolution. Trials Evolution is soooooo much better than Trials HD. It's one of the biggest leaps in any sequel. For one thing, the learning curve is much leaner than HD. Many people give up on Trials HD before even getting halfway through it. Most people get only 1/3 through it because of how hard it gets. Plus, Evolution has much better graphics that go outside the dungy warehouse. The level editor is better and you have tons and tons of tracks you can download for free with more coming out from other gamers all the time. And it has real online multiplayer that's pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

The learning curve is very debatable. Many would agree with you that HD is harder but it seems like whichever one a person plays first then they think that one is harder. I played Evolution first and HD was a walk in the park, it felt crazy easy. Finished every track first try, no 500 fault runs like I had in Evolution.

Graphics and level editor are definitely better in Evolution but other than that they are basically the exact same game and well worth $10 to get Trials HD and Splosion Man. Limbo however is a boring snoozefest imo.

bread's done
Back