CAG's Video Game Price Tweeter Provides Price Reports Via Twitter

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]20158[/IMG-R]Just send a tweet (not a Direct Message) to @VideoGameDeals with your price request and you'll receive an auto-reply with the lowest price within 30 seconds. We'll also provide a link to a full price report, which include new prices, used prices, and trade-in values.

• One game title per tweet, software only (for now)
  • Include game title and platform (for multi-platform games); try to avoid abbreviations like “GOW”, “COD”, etc.
  • You can use natural language, but simple is best
Examples:
@videogamedeals rock band beatles 360
@videogamedeals call of duty black ops ps3
@videogamedeals whats the best price for disney epic mickey?

twitter_mini.gif
CAG on Twitter: @VideoGameDeals

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Last edited by a moderator:
First! Great job Cheapy. I have already used this tool but am glad it is out of beta mode. Is there still a tweet limit associated with the amount per hour?

[quote name='PacManster17']First! Great job Cheapy. I have already used this tool but am glad it is out of beta mode. Is there still a tweet limit associated with the amount per hour?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but we've got multiple accounts to handle the load.

Took exactly 32 seconds for a reply according to Twitter...I want my money back!

Oh wait, it was free, in that case, great job and keep up the good work. Thanks Cheapy/John!

Great idea Cheapy! Although I encourage everyone to check the tweets before asking for a price first. I saw a lot of the same games being asked about on the timeline...

[quote name='teh_minus']Great idea Cheapy! Although I encourage everyone to check the tweets before asking for a price first. I saw a lot of the same games being asked about on the timeline...[/QUOTE]
Why would I do that? It will take less time to ask for a price than search through the timeline. Plus, this is an automated system. It's not like John is sitting there googling the prices of every game you tweet about.

While I like the idea AND execution of this idea, I don't like that the twitter page is now being filled up with people requesting prices. I feel that this should be on a different twitter account so that I still just get tweets about video game deals on CAG.

I'm not too well versed with Twitter yet, so perhaps someone could show me how to just get updates that aren't replies to people. I am currently using TweetDeck on my Android. I'm not following videogamedeals, I just added a column that checks for updates so my main twitter account isn't filled up.

This is a great feature, but it must be based on just new game prices because I can get a pre-owned Fallout: New Vegas for $32.99 from Gamestop.com.

[quote name='krazyazn01']

I'm not too well versed with Twitter yet, so perhaps someone could show me how to just get updates that aren't replies to people. I am currently using TweetDeck on my Android. I'm not following videogamedeals, I just added a column that checks for updates so my main twitter account isn't filled up.[/QUOTE]
Just follow @videogamedeals and other people's replies won't show up in your timeline, unless you are following them too. It sounds like you are actually visiting the @videogamedeals twitter page to get your updates, so yeah, you are doing it wrong. ;)

[quote name='SpecJoe Magic']This is a great feature, but it must be based on just new game prices because I can get a pre-owned Fallout: New Vegas for $32.99 from Gamestop.com.[/QUOTE]Yup.
Click the link in the reply for the used prices and trade in values.

For feedback purposes:

Tried "yoostar 2 ps3" (don't ask) and did not get a response

Tried "mlb 2k11 ps3" and got MLB 2k10 in response

Thank you

[quote name='Jobbercho']Looks like it pulls its info from the games db and those games weren't added to the site.[/QUOTE]

um yeah, didn't compute that they were both released just a couple days ago LOL

my bad

[quote name='CheapyD']Just follow @videogamedeals and other people's replies won't show up in your timeline, unless you are following them too. It sounds like you are actually visiting the @videogamedeals twitter page to get your updates, so yeah, you are doing it wrong. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Thanks CheapyD! Also, thanks for not being mean about it.

[quote name='Indiana']It tells me that you must be following me for me to send a message to you.[/QUOTE]

send a regular reply, not a dm

[quote name='Gamer SDP']what's different from when this was first announced?[/QUOTE]

We now have a proper mobile formatted results page, which includes used prices and trade-in values when you click the link. It also works better and can handle more traffic.

hmmm.. It says Alpha Protocol PS3, $29.99 @ Gamestop. But Amazon has it for $13.99 new. I guess it doesn't know it all, yet...

[quote name='CheapyD']Just follow @videogamedeals and other people's replies won't show up in your timeline, unless you are following them too. It sounds like you are actually visiting the @videogamedeals twitter page to get your updates, so yeah, you are doing it wrong. ;).[/QUOTE]

I follow the videogamesdeals tweets using its RSS feed, which shows everything the account tweets including replies. The massive amount of price check tweets makes this feed fairly useless to me.

[quote name='venturin']hmmm.. It says Alpha Protocol PS3, $29.99 @ Gamestop. But Amazon has it for $13.99 new. I guess it doesn't know it all, yet...[/QUOTE]

Thats because its sold from a 3rd party and not Amazon. We should change it so it includes anything fulfilled by Amazon.

[quote name='Pollox']I follow the videogamesdeals tweets using its RSS feed, which shows everything the account tweets including replies. The massive amount of price check tweets makes this feed fairly useless to me.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about that. I don't think anything can be done but suggest you follow us directly on Twitter or Facebook. I doubt many people make use of the Twitter RSS feeds since they aren't even listed on the page.

fuck Twitter. I joined for the sole purpose of using this feature, and even though I'm "following" CAG (VideoGameDeals), it keeps telling me that I can't send messages to ppl who aren't following me. So since Twitter sucks so much ass, can someone find out the lowest possible price for DJ Hero 2 PS3 software only?

[quote name='CheapyD']Thats because its sold from a 3rd party and not Amazon. We should change it so it includes anything fulfilled by Amazon.

That's OK Cheapy. Just goes to show how effective the CAG community is at finding and posting the lowest known prices. Unlike Jeopardy, bots and computers cannot compete with the CAG users!

Thanks to CAG I am awaiting my copy of Alpha Protocol to arrive from Amazon.

Hmm I tried this:
@videogamedeals Red Dead Redemption 360
and nothing.
my twitter is privatized.. do you need to be following me also?
Btw. glad to hear all is good over there. my family/friends are good also from Chiba, to west west tokyo to Tochigi.. phew..

bread's done
Back