Rainbow Moon - Out Now - $14.99 - PSN SRPG from Soldner-X Dev - Platinum Trophy!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
From the press release:
eastasiasoft, Hong Kong-based publisher of interactive entertainment and developer SideQuest Studios, today announced their latest project Rainbow Moon, a strategic RPG game, currently in development for the PlayStation®3 system.

"Following our recent success, we are very excited to introduce a brand new IP," said Marcus Pukropski, CEO of SideQuest Studios. "With Rainbow Moon, we are continuing our principle of combining beautiful high-definition visuals with a deep focus on detail and gameplay. We are once again putting our heart and soul into this project to deliver another fantastic and unique addition to the PlayStation®Network."

Rainbow Moon key features (subject to change until the date of the game's release):

• Complex story mode with about 25 hours of gameplay, extended to more than 100 hours when including all side quests, missions and full character development.
  • Isometric open world to explore with more than 15 different terrains, such as mountains, snow, desert, grassland, savanna, mud and others.
  • Sophisticated grid turn-based combat system, featuring a large range of combat and skill commands as well as special attacks and effects.
  • Unique action and puzzle elements in a variety of over 20 challenging dungeons and 50 quests.
  • Six playable main characters with upgradable weapons, armors and accessories, allowing hundreds of gear combinations.
  • Detailed online stats tracking each gamer's progress.
  • Technically perfected game engine, constantly running smoothly at 60 fps with close to no loading times.
  • Thirty dedicated background music tracks.
Rainbow Moon is anticipated to launch in the fourth quarter of 2011. More details will soon be released.

Also wrote a quick news article about it with some artwork if you want to see how some of the characters, monsters, and buildings look compared to the Soldner-X art style.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/05/04/rainbow-moon-watch-the-new-trailer-now/

Last November, I had the opportunity to introduce you to Rainbow Moon, our upcoming strategy RPG for PS3. Since then, we have received amazing feedback from all of you. In the lead up to the release, it gives me great pleasure to tell you more about the game’s battle system. You also have the chance to be one of the first to watch the Rainbow Moon trailer, available first via the PlayStation.Blog.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMuW0S9LJMU

Although much of Rainbow Moon’s appeal is in its exploration and character development, the battles are what matter most. Akin to our Soldner-X game series, we have taken an innovative approach by combining classical elements with new ideas. An example is the triggering of battle encounters. Random encounters? Yes or no? Well, how about both?! In Rainbow Moon you will find foes roaming the surface of the planet and have a chance to battle in additional random encounters. The latter, however, are 100% optional and can be disregarded if you so decide.

All battles take place on grid-sized maps and are completely turn based. That’s right, just like the good old days: No stress, no chaos. Take your time to observe the situation and make the right move. Up to three party members can encounter a variety of evil beings. There are a number of commands at your disposal. The most important are Move, Attack, (using short or long range standard attacks), Skill (we’ll talk more about this in a moment), Defend, Use an Item, and Escape (all battles can be abandoned during your turn).

6304619008_809a35e581_z.jpg

Using the right skills at the right time will decide your victory, and there are over 120 special skills of different types you can use throughout your journey. These range from powerful attacks, to support such as healing and other unique skills such as casting light or analyzing enemies. Some skills can be learned by only one of your characters, while others are suitable for multiple characters.

So, how about enemy behaviors? In Rainbow Moon you will encounter around 100 different enemies from 17 classes, each with its own characteristics. Besides attacking you with standard and special attacks, enemies can do a lot more, including casting support skills, focusing their attacks on certain characters, splitting, merging, self-destructing, fleeing, and a few more we will leave for you to discover for yourself.

6304091739_4be4798320_z.jpg

I will not go into all the details, but I can promise you there’s a lot more than meets the eye. You will find different deployment grids, a wide variety of status conditions (poison and enchantments), weapon affinities, a BIAS system, passive skills, skill levels, speed bonus system, and so on.

As you can see, a great amount of effort and attention to detail has gone into the development of the game. You’ll be happy to hear that Rainbow Moon will be one of the few games on PSN with Platinum Trophy support. In total, you’ll find more than 50 trophies are up for grabs.

There’s a lot more I’d love to share with you. If you want to know more about Rainbow Moon, please make sure to visit the official website and follow us on Facebook at Rainbow Moon will be published on the PlayStation Store by our long-term partner eastasiasoft in just a few weeks.

PS: Please share your thoughts and feel free to ask questions using the comments box below. I’ll be more than happy to get back to you.

Looks pretty cool, I'm playing Jeanne D'Arc right now, so I'm in a SRPG mood, let's hope they price it well enough and give enough customization of heroes (3 party max is kinda small) to give enough variety of play. But otherwise it looks like its off to a good start.

Be looking forward to seeing more of it in the next few weeks/months.

New press release gives us a price, release month, and some DLC info:
Sharpen your sword, the long wait is finally over!

eastasiasoft, the Hong Kong-based developer and publisher of interactive entertainment today announced that their highly anticipated role-playing game Rainbow Moon for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system will be available on PlayStation®Store this July.

Rainbow Moon launches in Europe and Australia on July 4th, 2012 at a price of just €12.99/£9.99. A release in North America and Southeast Asia follows at a yet to be confirmed date in July at US$14.99.

Also available during the first month of the game’s launch will be a variety of more than 20 free and premium additional content packages, including character-boosting items such as Rainbow Coin and Rainbow Pearl Sets, Starter Packs and Amulet Sets.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/25/rpg-rainbow-moon-rises-on-psn-july-10th/

Rainbow Moon is our upcoming role-playing game for PS3. It’s been nearly two years since we started working on Rainbow Moon, so we can hardly believe that the game releases on PSN in just over two weeks — it’ll hit PlayStation Store on July 10th for $14.99. If you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber, you’ll enjoy a 20% discount, paying just $11.99, for the first two weeks after launch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt93AHzgnks

The last time we spoke, I explained Rainbow Moon‘s battle system. This time, I’d like to give you some insight into the game’s character development system. Many gamers think that character development is just about battling and leveling up. While that’s partly true in Rainbow Moon, there’s a lot more that can make or break a game.

Aside from RPG standards like experience points and gaining levels, in Rainbow Moon you can earn a resource called “Rainbow Pearls.” You can exchanged these for improved character attributes or increased health and magic limits. This system gives you a certain freedom in how you’d like to develop your characters. A higher “speed” attribute, for example, will grant you a turn order advantage during battles, while an increased “luck” attribute increases the chance for critical hits.

You can also strengthen your characters by equipping them with different kind of weapons, armor, amulets, rings, and purchasing active and passive skills, as well as by taking advantage of the game’s crafting system. We’ll chat more about that another time!

Be sure to check out the following gameplay video, which is part of our development diary video series. It’s a great recap about Rainbow Moon’s battle system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epLGyovfiHQ

Thanks to all of you for your interest in Rainbow Moon. Don’t forget to watch out for Rainbow Moon on PlayStation Store this July 10th. We’re really eager to see what you think!

In the meantime, if you want to stay in touch with us or read up more on Rainbow Moon, make sure to follow us on Facebook or visit Rainbow Moon’s official website.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know through the comments below and I’ll be sure to get back to you.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/29/new-psn-rpg-rainbow-moons-weapon-crafting-system-detailed/

Equipment/Crafting info:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=680f1chPetA

Less than two weeks until our new RPG Rainbow Moon hits PlayStation Store! Today, we’re going to share more details with you, along with another entry from our Dev Diary video series.

Previously, we talked about Rainbow Moon’s battle system and the game’s character development system. Now I’m going to tell you more about all the weapons and equipment that you can acquire in Rainbow Moon, as well as how to improve them through the crafting system.

The six characters that you’ll come across during your journey can be equipped with five different equipment types: weapons, hats, body armor, amulets and rings. All these items have their own attributes, and some even have built-in passive skills or conditions. In true RPG fashion, equipping better gear will make your characters more powerful during battles.

You’ll start your adventure with very basic gear — just enough to take on the game’s weaker creatures. As you progress through the story, you’ll be able to purchase new gear from merchants. And if you’re lucky, you’ll find some useful equipment in hidden treasure chests!

You’ll find hundreds of different items along the way, giving you tons of possible gear combinations. And whenever you equip your characters with new weapons or armor, their look changes immediately. Try to find the ultimate gear for all your party members!

If the plethora of gear to find in Rainbow Moon isn’t enough to keep you busy, we’ve also implemented a crafting system to upgrade your existing gear. Each piece of equipment has a different number of crafting slots, which can be filled with all sorts of materials you collect from defeated monsters. While most crafting results can be previewed, we’ve also added plenty of secrets. Crafting is free of charge, so make sure to experiment a lot.

Rainbow Moon will be available on PlayStation Store July 10th for $14.99. PlayStation Plus subscribers can enjoy a 20% discount for the first two weeks after launch. Make sure to follow our development and other news on Facebook or visit Rainbow Moon’s official website.

Please share your feedback and ask any questions you have in the comments below. I appreciate all the feedback that I’ve received from you so far, and I’ll be sure to get back to all your questions.
7468097420_739bdb9f18_z.jpg

7468097208_29b9a517b3_z.jpg

7468097338_cfe6306dbb_z.jpg

This had cross-play with Vita written all over it. Even though it looks like a Bratz game, i'll still probably buy it.

I'm a sucker for any srpg, but sadly my very limited PS3 time is dedicated to plodding through FFXIII right now. I'd gladly pay more than $15 for a Vita port, I'll probably go ahead and shell out for this to support them anyways.

It really does kinda look like a Bratz game though.

For anybody hoping for a demo, the game is a demo & unlock key kind of game, so they'll probably release the demo for everybody in a few weeks.

I've played a few hours of this and I'm liking it so far. I like that they don't go all the way into the SRPG camp by having general RPG trappings with the quests, some exploration, and other stuff. I also like the way they handled random encounters.

I do hate Earth Golems with every fiber of my being because they only chase after Trisha, so I have to run her around a level so my main guy can get an attack in. It would be nice if you could use items you find in a bag or your winnings so they don't have to be tossed away even if they're useful.

Played about 90 minutes of this last night and I love it. Really is my kinda game. I like the art style - reminds me a little of Bastion.

[quote name='natureboy46']Played about 90 minutes of this last night and I love it. Really is my kinda game. I like the art style - reminds me a little of Bastion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the art style was what really sold me on it. Since I had PSN credit to burn and the game was on sale, I downloaded it not too long ago. Still haven't played, though.

Good call on the Bastion reference as I thought the same thing with the art style. I'm only level 5 thus far but having a lot of fun with this. I love a good turn-based JRPG and the grid battles add good strategy once you unlock the second sub-turn.

I've gotten frustrated, though, that it seems like at random enemies will get double turns, especially after I defend or use an item but not every time. Does anyone know the logic to this? I don't see anything about it in the tutorial.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Good call on the Bastion reference as I thought the same thing with the art style. I'm only level 5 thus far but having a lot of fun with this. I love a good turn-based JRPG and the grid battles add good strategy once you unlock the second sub-turn.

I've gotten frustrated, though, that it seems like at random enemies will get double turns, especially after I defend or use an item but not every time. Does anyone know the logic to this? I don't see anything about it in the tutorial.[/QUOTE]

Speed stat.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Oh, so when it flashes speed battle or whatever it exactly says before the battle enemies get extra turns?[/QUOTE]

I don't know what the speed battles mean yet.

If you don't raise your speed at all (like I did at first), enemies will often get 2 turns to your one. Once I raised it, similar speed enemies will no longer get the random two turns to my one, and I'd sometimes get two turns for one low-leveled enemy.

I noticed that even if you max out a start for your level, enemies can still have two turns for your one, i.e. thieves. But thieves typically have high speed stats, so I think theirs are just higher than yours.

Awesome, got it, thank you! That's exactly the situation I'm playing in as I've exclusively boosted strength and defense while ignoring speed. It's only the higher level enemies that are doing it.

I was thinking of "speed bonus" popping up at the beginning of battles, which I'm assuming is just to give you an experience boost for winning quickly.

So, how's everybody enjoying this so far? I haven't touched consoles much lately so I haven't been keeping up and am curious about this title. A friend of mine has about 90 hours clocked on his save, however his tastes and ability to play through just about anything is beyond that of mine. So I want to pick up a few extra opinions before I decide to purchase or not.

[quote name='Draekon']So, how's everybody enjoying this so far? I haven't touched consoles much lately so I haven't been keeping up and am curious about this title. A friend of mine has about 90 hours clocked on his save, however his tastes and ability to play through just about anything is beyond that of mine. So I want to pick up a few extra opinions before I decide to purchase or not.[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten off the first island, which is very boring. I can't say for sure til after that. Based on the first island alone, I'd wait for a sale.

I got some details on the Rainbow Moon demo, soundtrack, and bundle:
Rainbow Moon Demo:
- Allows players to try out Rainbow Moon for up to 90 minutes and can be restarted as often as desired
- After unlocking the full game, any previously saved game can be loaded and resumed from the same point without loss of progress
- The price for unlocking the full game remains unchanged at US$14.99 (North America), €12.99 / £9.99 (Europe)

Rainbow Moon Melodies:
- Digital soundtrack album, containing all 32 tracks from the game
- 100% DRM free
- Available at US$ 4.99 (North America), €3.99 / £3.19 (Europe)

Rainbow Moon Premium Bundle:
- A set containing: Rainbow Moon, Rainbow Moon Melodies and the Rainbow Moon Starter Pack (Medium) add-on
- Available at US$ 18.99 (North America), €16.99 / £12.99 (Europe)

2.) Rainbow Moon Melodies CD release

Rainbow Moon Melodies is also available as a limited hardcopy audio CD release. This product has been professionally manufactured and ships in a cell wrapped clear color tray jewel case with a high quality four pages full color booklet.

Available at US$9.99 (+$3 for worldwide airmail shipping) at our online store:
http://www.eastasiasoft.com/store

Product details can be found here:
http://www.eastasiasoft.com/index.php/products/soundtracks/rainbow-moon-melodies

bread's done
Back