Friend is selling (most of) his collection

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
What is the best way to do it? He doesn't have an ebay account, and doesn't post on any forums. He wants me to handle it, because I have the most experience with it.

It doesn't need to be sold extremely quickly, but it can't take TOO long. I've sold lots of stuff on forums and ebay, but never this much at once.

Is it best to do..

A big ebay lot?
A CL lot?
Sell on a bunch of different forums?

He has around 100 games, spanning GBA, Saturn, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS2, Loose SNES, and Boxed Genesis. Most have boxes and books.

Only rare/sought after games I know he has is:
Guardian Heroes
Saturn Bomberman
Futureama Xbox

I was gonna offer them up to friends first, then forums, then ebay for the rare stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='davo1224']Sell the crap on Craigslist, the fancy stuff on Amazon, the leftovers on eBay.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking. And he'll probably donate the absolute crap (sports games) to Goodwill.

[quote name='blueshinra']Personally I prefer Amazon rather than eBay nowadays. I agree with davo in that the "fancy stuff" should be sold there.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Amazon charge a buttload of money unless you're a business with thousands of transactions though? I thought the fees on Amazon were alot higher than Feebay? There's also the matter of me not ever all these years leaving feedback on Amazon.

[quote name='2DMention']Doesn't Amazon charge a buttload of money unless you're a business with thousands of transactions though? I thought the fees on Amazon were alot higher than Feebay? There's also the matter of me not ever all these years leaving feedback on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

i sell most of my stuff on amazon because it has no listing fees. the downside is that a lot of buyers do not leave feedback.

Can you post links or list stuff for sale

[quote name='2DMention']Doesn't Amazon charge a buttload of money unless you're a business with thousands of transactions though? I thought the fees on Amazon were alot higher than Feebay? There's also the matter of me not ever all these years leaving feedback on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
Amazon's commission fees are pretty steep, but at least you don't have to pay listing fees. There were too many times where I've lost money through eBay thanks to items that didn't sell.

Also, yeah, Amazon buyers are less likely to leave feedback, but feedback is also less important than on eBay since the rules for sellers are strict to begin with.

It'll be at least another couple of weeks till I get the first batch of stuff from him.

I don't think I have an active selling thread, or have removed all my stuff. Or it's buried deep in the bowels of this site somewhere.

If you haven't used your sale thread in forever then it is ok to make a new one. CAG just doesn't want users posting multiple sale accounts for either new items they added or if their other sale thread is only a couple weeks old and you make a new one instead of bumping the old one.

Amazon's commission fees are pretty steep, but at least you don't have to pay listing fees. There were too many times where I've lost money through eBay thanks to items that didn't sell.
I've had that problem a grand total of 2 times in 12 years on ebay. The first time was for an obscure gameboy game that nobody wanted; the 2nd time was for a memory card that was notorious for not working on PS1.

Out of 12 years and 119 transactions, I have only been screwed on an auction 2 times listing it starting at .99 with no reserve. Once was for a lot of games, the other time was for a lynx game.

bread's done
Back