- - - - -

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West (360/PS3) $14.99 - Amazon Deal of the Day

#31 teknomedic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   415 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

teknomedic

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

In for one... been curious about it since release, now the price is right for an impulse buy.

#32 pasolini   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   204 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

pasolini

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:57 AM

this is a definite buy for me based on the developer's history (Heavenly sword, andy serkis, etc), but not sure if 14.99 is my price since i still have 20+ games in backlog... does anyone know when we can expect Gamefly to start up w/ the monthly deals again? This'd be something i'd expect them to have 5,000 copies of.

#33 Kenshindono   I'm on a Boat! CAGiversary!   4714 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Kenshindono

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:58 AM

just a heads up guys. This is only 20 bucks at stores like bestbuy, and walmart and stuff. and there you get their exclusive outfits. I think Walmart gives you a new skin for monkey and bestbuy gives you some sexy outfit for trish.

for the 5 bucks you may want to just get the extra DLC stuff

#34 icarusmight   What it do! CAGiversary!   930 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

icarusmight

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

Bought it when it was on sale for $40 and played the hell out of it. Traded it in but glad to pay this price for a crack at the DLC and a hard playthrough. Game is awesome if you liked Heavenly Sword.

#35 AdmrlBalls   Beefcake pantyhose CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AdmrlBalls

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:37 PM

Good price. I did see this at Best Buy for $20 the other day, only one copy left. I didn't buy it because if they had it that cheap, I knew it'd fall even more online.

#36 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

This was a game I enjoyed more than I thought I would , very enjoyable story some lush visuals a solid purchase at $15 .

#37 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

The DLC is still $10, will wait for the XBL eventual discount around 33-50% off.

#38 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5476 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:26 PM

AMAZING price for a truly great game.

#39 Stryffe2004   Overlord of the Obvious CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Stryffe2004

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

Do people really need to be convinced to buy a $15 game/ For the most part the reviews are all above average. This is not a Deadly Premonition situation where there is a hard split. The game is good to great and is short enough to play through the whole without losing interest and not so long that it wears out it's welcome. It came out at a bad time and is not an established property. That is why it did not sell well.

To the guy asking about why the story is compelling, I would say it is not so much the story, but the characters. Both of the main characters are very well acted and their faces really sell their emotions. The game makes you care about them and their plight and you want to see how it ends. The story itself is servicable, but not anything stellar.

I loved it and would highly recommend it at this price.

#40 Rodster   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1877 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

It came out at a bad time and is not an established property. That is why it did not sell well.

Namco said the same thing. I believe them, they released Enslaved right around the time an onslaught of games were coming out.

#41 topplehat   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1014 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

For those wanting to save a few more bucks, it's a Warehouse Deal for 12.99. Listed as "like new", so it's not sealed or anything. I will bite for this price.

#42 Xealot42   Psi-Powered CAGiversary!   1438 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

AMAZING price for a truly great game.

Agreed. I really liked the DLC as well.

#43 Fabrizo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   421 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Only reason I havn't jumped on this is because I feel like the game will be hitting $10 in another month or two.

#44 Saablic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:43 PM

I throw my opinion on the game out there for anyone wondering how it is.

First off the voice acting and facial animations are great. Most will say the story drives you through the whole game but I thought that it was slow going at first. It does pick up towards the end and I thought the ending parts were great. Graphics were generally pretty good but had horrendous pop in during in game cut scenes (only played PS3 version).

Gameplay I thought was a little bit lacking. The combat felt a bit stiff and repetitive but in the end it wasn't something that was going to put me off the game. However, the platforming... Some of the most boring platforming I have seen in a game. It is pretty much on rails so just sit back and mash x and watch Monkey spin and go crazy all over the place.

I would say it was worth $15 if you are looking for something to place and enjoy those types of games. Otherwise, I would say pass at this price.

#45 DPsycho   Descendant of Erdrick CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

Got this when KMart had their $14.99 sale. Considered starting it last night, actually, but went with Castlevania instead. Sweet backlog embrace me.

#46 punkmaggit   Masashi Hamauzu > you CAGiversary!   2506 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

I can't believe I paid full price for this last year. :bomb:

#47 chronoserge456   gimme gimme gimme games after midnight CAGiversary!   372 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

chronoserge456

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:52 PM

Just bit. Thanks OP

#48 horrido   CAG Probation CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

The game is okay, but nothing special. Slow controls, and occasional poor level design, along with grainy (but stylish) graphics. Good voice acting, reasonable story, and skippable (and reasonable length) cut scenes.

The game reminds me a lot of the old 'Heavy Metal' magazine art style. Its worth $15, but not much more.

Also - although it might look like one, this is NOT a platformer. You can almost never get hurt from jumping (ie you pretty much can't fall). The jumping is more 'puzzle' than anything.

#49 AdmrlBalls   Beefcake pantyhose CAGiversary!   388 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AdmrlBalls

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:02 PM

Got this when KMart had their $14.99 sale. Considered starting it last night, actually, but went with Castlevania instead. Sweet backlog embrace me.

Too bad Castlevania isn't $15...been waiting for that one to drop for a while...

#50 Masterkyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   11380 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Still hope it drop down $10-ish ;)

#51 AFarewell2Arms   We President Now CAGiversary!   1197 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

AFarewell2Arms

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:44 PM

If I had money to blow, I'd pick this up again. I absolutely loved the game. As everyone else has said, the story is the main reason to play this game. People act as if the combat system is god awful, but it's really not. It is good, but not nearly as polished as AAA action titles such as DMC, Bayonetta, and Ninja Gaiden. The platforming is on cruise control, though. If you want a post apocalyptic story, but with a different twist from what you've seen recently, then pick up this game. If you don't care about story, then don't get it.

#52 imacjenn   Girl Gamer CAGiversary!   324 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

imacjenn

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:51 PM

just a heads up guys. This is only 20 bucks at stores like bestbuy, and walmart and stuff. and there you get their exclusive outfits. I think Walmart gives you a new skin for monkey and bestbuy gives you some sexy outfit for trish.

for the 5 bucks you may want to just get the extra DLC stuff

Is the outfit the only extra thing you get? Or does it have the other DLC included (wasn't there a downloadable Pigsy mission?)

I bought this at $40, beat it in 8 hours, sold it for $35. I regretted selling it and I think I'll rebuy it today. I never replay games, but this is one game I'd love to replay (on my now larger, 3D TV!). Does anyone know if the 3D effect in this game is any good?

Is it too short? Maybe, but how many of us have gigantic backlogs? I, for one, was relieved to have a game I could play and easily finish. Do you know how long I put off playing Mass Effect because I knew what I time commitment it would be? I still haven't played Fallout because of that reason. Anyway, is it long enough for $15 - YES.

This is one of the most beautiful games I've seen. The character animation and voice acting is exceptional (well, except for the hair but no game really seems to get that right). Is it difficult to play? No. You can ratchet up the difficulty though - but I just played it for the experience. And if you have a gf/wife, this is a game she will like watching you play or want to play herself, if that helps anyone decide!

#53 zsciaeount   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

zsciaeount

Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:52 PM

On the fence. Can anyone compare this game to any other out there to win me over?

Gameplay-wise, it's a bit like Prince of Persia: Sands of Time in terms of combat, platforming, and the AI co-op... minus the Sands, of course.

Overall, it's a decent game. The controls are a bit stiff, and the animation is sort of janky, but it's got charm. It's certainly not going to win any awards, but for $15, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

#54 rpg  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:05 PM

love this game got mine when kmart had it for 15 i recommend it. also the dlc pigsys perfect 10 was a blast to play its about 4-6hrs long if u get 100percent on it

#55 thegame85   Spicy Curry #30 CAGiversary!   1440 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:24 PM

I really liked this game. If anyone was on the fence I would say to just go for it!

#56 coopx   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   627 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

get it, its a great game and great collection.

#57 jb0Ogi3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   139 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Missed the Kmart deal, party because I was too lazy to go into my local Kmart! I played the demo a few days ago and had a ton of fun. Can't wait

#58 Be3fJerky   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:17 PM

Uhmmm at $15 this game is a steal, holy crap good friggin deal, paid $25 for it last BF, wish I had waited

#59 tukai   CAGiversary! Validating   1208 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

I loved this game. Great storyline, and gameplay

#60 Chrono Gear   For the Horde! CAGiversary!   5239 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Chrono Gear

Posted 13 March 2011 - 06:06 PM

So it's regular price is now $19.99? $15 is a solid price but like others I get the feeling it may drop to $10 soon enough. This and Majin are definitely on my super-cheap-happy-fun-time radar when they go low enough. Was going to default to PS3 versions but an earlier post said Enslaved chugs a little bit on PS3. Anyone else care to chime in about either game on either platform?