Out Now White Knight Chronicles 2 w/remastered WKC1

You forgot a "2" in the title.. I thought they were rereleasing the first.

Also, I wasn't aware that the first one sold enough to warrant a sequel.

I think the sequel came out in Japan around the time the first one made it here. They originally announced it to be a trilogy.

Also, you need to add that this is for Europe. There is no NA announcement yet.

Not to burst anyone's bubble, but the game has not been announced for release from SCEA. VGChartz is basing it off the european Playstation blog post. While it is likely the game is coming here, you probably should wait until official word comes down from the US Playstation blog.

EDIT: Missed the post before me.

[quote name='bjstucker']My biggest question is will I be able to use my avatar from the original in this as well?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they want to encourage it that's why the 1st one is included.

Sunk over 700 hours into WKC1. Hopefully this releases early summer. If not, I'll likely have to wait quite a while before I can touch this. Glad to hear it's definitely getting a stateside release though. :D

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Anyone else find it hilarious that SCEA passed on publishing this?[/QUOTE]

Well SCEA also passed on Demon's Soul

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Anyone else find it hilarious that SCEA passed on publishing this?[/QUOTE]

I was more shocked than anything else given how "tight" Level 5 and Sony are, it was more hilarious that D3 Publisher is doing it (can't believe they outbid Atlus...) guess they had a lot of money sitting around from the Naruto games.

But I guess Sony doesn't want to mess with games that don't sell more than 1 million.

I'm more curious now who's going to publish (Level 5 / Studio Ghibli) Ni no Kuni now Sony or somebody else?

[quote name='62t']Well SCEA also passed on Demon's Soul[/QUOTE]

Except Demon's Souls was by From Software who usually is very hit or miss and brings in pretty low sales. Demon's Souls was a giant hit, so they lost out on that, but it's hilarious to me that they are snubbing Level 5, which they pretty much made famous with Dark Cloud and various other Level 5 games they published (undeservedly so).

Thing is, Demon's Souls undoubtedly would've been a failure if SCEA released it, because they never would've pushed it like Atlus did. I think it's more interesting that Level 5 themselves aren't publishing this. They opened a US branch, but what the hell is it doing?

I dunno, I still think Demon's Souls would have sold decently (though probably not as much as with Fatlus). It had major buzz before it was even announced for US release.

And Level 5 has gotten even more incompetent since it started publishing its own games.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And Level 5 has gotten even more incompetent since it started publishing its own games.[/QUOTE]
I don't think they have started publishing though, as far as I know they've just opened an office. And what do you think they're doing wrong?

Remastered version of the first one? So...you get two games for the price of one? Am I reading that right?

[quote name='pete5883']Thing is, Demon's Souls undoubtedly would've been a failure if SCEA released it, because they never would've pushed it like Atlus did. I think it's more interesting that Level 5 themselves aren't publishing this. They opened a US branch, but what the hell is it doing?[/QUOTE]
The US office is apparently for making games specifically for the west, not publishing Level-5 games.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/18/level-5s-north-american-office-working-on-games-for-the-west/

[quote name='pete5883']I don't think they have started publishing though, as far as I know they've just opened an office. And what do you think they're doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

They're publishing in Japan aren't they?

And their games have just really gone downhill... not that they were ever that great to begin with. The only games that were really better than decent were the DQ games that they worked on, and that was on the strength of an IP they don't own. I think they are overextending themselves by working on so many new games when they can't even make good ones for other publishers.

I've been wanting to get in to WKC for so long, but the really bad reviews and the reluctance of my friends to join me has kept me away. Any news on the remastered version? Any notable changes from the original?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']And their games have just really gone downhill... not that they were ever that great to begin with. The only games that were really better than decent were the DQ games that they worked on, and that was on the strength of an IP they don't own. I think they are overextending themselves by working on so many new games when they can't even make good ones for other publishers.[/QUOTE]
I don't know. Inazuma Eleven and Layton have both been huge successes in Japan, so I guess they have a lot of money to spend.

look at this clown saying level 5 games were never that great to begin with. not counting the greatest ps2 game ever made (dragon quest 8) level 5 made 2 of the very best RPGs for the ps2, dark cloud 2 and rogue galaxy

the layton series has always been superb. and besides that, they've only done jeanne d'arc, which was pretty good. and white knight chronicles, which is by far their worst game...but still very playable and fun

EDIT: oh and dragon quest 9 of course. it's no 8...but not much can be

looking forward to see how WKC2 turns out

[quote name='Supreme0ne']look at this clown saying level 5 games were never that great to begin with. not counting the greatest ps2 game ever made (dragon quest 8) level 5 made 2 of the very best RPGs for the ps2, dark cloud 2 and rogue galaxy

the layton series has always been superb. and besides that, they've only done jeanne d'arc, which was pretty good. and white knight chronicles, which is by far their worst game...but still very playable and fun

EDIT: oh and dragon quest 9 of course. it's no 8...but not much can be

looking forward to see how WKC2 turns out[/QUOTE]

I just replayed Rogue Galaxy and it's not as good as your rose-colored nostalgia glasses claim it to be. Jeanne d'Arc wasn't great either, and neither was Dark Cloud 2 IMO.

DQ8 was great not counting the classic Level 5 story bullshit. How many fucking times did that staff get into the hands of someone or something else because of the party's "carelessness" (aka bad plotting). That type of shit shows up in a lot of Level 5 games and one of the reasons why I hold them in lower regard than most; their stories are SHIT.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']I just replayed Rogue Galaxy and it's not as good as your rose-colored nostalgia glasses claim it to be. Jeanne d'Arc wasn't great either, and neither was Dark Cloud 2 IMO.

DQ8 was great not counting the classic Level 5 story bullshit. How many fucking times did that staff get into the hands of someone or something else because of the party's "carelessness" (aka bad plotting). That type of shit shows up in a lot of Level 5 games and one of the reasons why I hold them in lower regard than most; their stories are SHIT.[/QUOTE]

In general I enjoy the gameplay and hate the stories of Level 5 games. Especially Rogue Galaxy (finished all their PS2/3/PSP games).

[quote name='wishlish']Remastered version of the first one? So...you get two games for the price of one? Am I reading that right?[/QUOTE]

Yep, 2 for 1.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']In general I enjoy the gameplay and hate the stories of Level 5 games. Especially Rogue Galaxy (finished all their PS2/3/PSP games).[/QUOTE]

If they outsourced story development to another company they'd make much better games.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If they outsourced story development to another company they'd make much better games.[/QUOTE]

like Dragon Quest?

[quote name='62t']like Dragon Quest?[/QUOTE]

I am fucking convinced they at least had a hand in 8's plot. It is too fucking stupid not to have been influenced by them. It has Level 5 written all over it.

I've yet to play WKC and have owned it for quite sometime. I has such a backlog of games I may end up just trade in the first one to get some credit and wait on WKC2 and the re-release to play it.

Jeanne d'Arc was really the only game from Level-5 I've ever played and I wasn't much impressed with it. Not calling it a bad game, but I found myself playing to beat it after about 20 hours rather than playing it for fun.

I liked WKC, mainly for the online portion, it's fun but kind of disappointing since the grind fest is just insane. You'll literally grind that "Best Served Cold" quest for days, I ended up just watching some near max level Japanese player's videos on youtube clearing the later quests solo (it was cool but reaching there myself is impossible).

Pretty awesome, cant wait for this to come out.

Gotta start playing WKC1 again, i want to get the rest of the Georama Armor sets before it comes out (Only 2 or 3 more to go)

[quote name='Dead of Knight']If they outsourced story development to another company they'd make much better games.[/QUOTE]

Kind of a silly statement, it's like saying "if they outsourced the audio they'd make much better graphics."

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Why did Amazon change my delivery date from august to 2012!?[/QUOTE]
Not too surprising, D3 hasn't actually set a release date yet, so August was just a placeholder anyway.

[quote name='pete5883']Not too surprising, D3 hasn't actually set a release date yet, so August was just a placeholder anyway.[/QUOTE]

That makes sense. Didn't realize there was no official date yet.

[quote name='willardhaven']Kind of a silly statement, it's like saying "if they outsourced the audio they'd make much better graphics."[/QUOTE]

You're kind of a silly statement.

bread's done
Back