Portal 2 PS3/Xbox $55 + $20 Egift Card at Walmart.com

[quote name='ShockandAww']Free site to store available or .97 standard shipping. Hopefully Amazon matches.

Xbox

PS3
[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice find, OP. I sure hope Amazon matches, or I might actually have to jump on this.

Yep I had no plans to get this but if Amazon matches that Im definitely in for it. I submitted the lower price to Amazon. Everyone else should do the same :)

I hope Amazon PM's this. I just learned that the PS3 version will come with a voucher of sorts, whereby one will be able to link their PSN account with their Steam account and essentially have a free copy of Portal 2 on Steam.

Nice!

Great deal. I hope Amazon PM, I'll submit it too.

I just realized that its probably suppose to be a $5 gift card. Look at the URL of the site.

[quote name='ShockandAww']Yep I had no plans to get this but if Amazon matches that Im definitely in for it. I submitted the lower price to Amazon. Everyone else should do the same :)[/QUOTE]

This.

If Amazon PM, I'm in.

Does Amazon price match gift card deals? Or will they just match a lower price?

Well, either way, I submitted the deal to them, too. Was really hoping to see a deal like this come up for Portal 2 on Amazon.

I really have no future reason to get an E-gift card from walmart... I'll jump if Amazon PMs it though. :)

also, I've never submitted a price match before... where do I do that on Amazon?

[quote name='teknomedic']I really have no future reason to get an E-gift card from walmart... I'll jump if Amazon PMs it though. :)

also, I've never submitted a price match before... where do I do that on Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Do a search for "tell us about a lower price," click the link and submit the information.

I must be doing something wrong, can't find it with that search... I just pull up 6000+ other suggestions. I searched "all departments" with and without quotes. I'm either searching in the wrong box or simply not seeing the link you're refering to. I'm not usually this sucky at this, lol.

found it... Ok... so I have to be on a product page, then scroll down to find the "tell us..." link. derp.

Also, the PS3 Portal 2 price is the same currently... just no Gift Card.

[quote name='teknomedic']found it... Ok... so I have to be on a product page, then scroll down to find the "tell us..." link. derp.

Also, the PS3 Portal 2 price is the same currently... just no Gift Card.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I submitted too.

[quote name='razgriz417']does anyone know if walmart charges you when you preorder or when it ships?[/QUOTE]

They charge when it ships.

so how does it work? you pay $54+tax then get a $20 giftcard back, or can you apply the $20 card before purchasing it?

wwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, if you dont preorder portal 2 for ps3 on the amazon price match you truly are a CAG... I on the other hand won't be able to resist.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Wait a damn min.... no pc discount???[/QUOTE]

If you buy the PS3 version you get the pc version for free with it.

that is an awesome deal, but i fear this game will be just like nba jam, small games that should be downloadable only but EA puts them on disc just to charge $60

I have no intention of buying Portal 2 on a console (I play all FPS on my PC, proper); however, if the PS3 version comes with a free copy for the PC that can be activated on Steam, then this is a no-brainer. You'd basically get the game for free if you count a $20 Amazon GC as cash. You could probably sell the PS3 version on CL for about $40-45.

[quote name='fortunado']I have no intention of buying Portal 2 on a console (I play all FPS on my PC, proper); however, if the PS3 version comes with a free copy for the PC that can be activated on Steam, then this is a no-brainer. You'd basically get the game for free if you count a $20 Amazon GC as cash. You could probably sell the PS3 version on CL for about $40-45.[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's going to work the way you think it will...

[quote name='banzaiwolfe']I don't think that's going to work the way you think it will...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am guessing there will be a relationship between your ps3 and pc steam accounts, and one code will activate the game on both. You probably can transfer the ps3 disk after that, but doubt you will be able to access online features without the steam account.

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't buy the ps3 version fully expecting to use the pc version and freely transfer the other..

[quote name='gargus']If you buy the PS3 version you get the pc version for free with it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but what if I don't have a PS3? I have a feeling that to get the PC version you're going to need to link it to a PSN account somehow.

I wish this deal was good for PC too, as that's where I want to play it (would never play a Valve game on a console).

Wow, that's a great price. Pre-ordered from Walmart.

Tried ship to store option, but it said it wasn't available. Oh well, spent an extra $0.97 to get it delivered to my home, which is pretty ridiculously cheap for shipping anyway. Really looking forward to this game. Valve's never disappointed me yet, and the footage from PAX East is lookin good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1aBG_6AObU

Wanted to get in now because there's a chance this is a price mistake. Look at the Walmart.com URL. Item description is "Portal-2-w-Bonus-5-Walmart.com-eGift-Card-PS3" which reads like it's supposed to be only a $5 gift card instead of $20. Anyway, if amazon matches I'll cancel with Walmart and reorder to avoid tax and get free Prime shipping.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']I also hope amazon or Kmart matches this deal. I don't like being in the same place as people of walmart[/QUOTE]

Being as it is an Online Only walmart gift card, I am now wondering why you have people of walmart in your home??

[quote name='jezz.torrent']Yeah, but what if I don't have a PS3? I have a feeling that to get the PC version you're going to need to link it to a PSN account somehow.

I wish this deal was good for PC too, as that's where I want to play it (would never play a Valve game on a console).[/QUOTE]

Go to a friend's house and make a PSN account to link it to?

I think it's going to be a lot like EA does with their games. You just need to sign in with your account through the game. Put the game in, sign into your Steam account and it'll unlock the pc/mac version on Steam.

Cmon Amazon, please match it
51.gif

[quote name='gage006']Go to a friend's house and make a PSN account to link it to?

I think it's going to be a lot like EA does with their games. You just need to sign in with your account through the game. Put the game in, sign into your Steam account and it'll unlock the pc/mac version on Steam.[/QUOTE]

So you can make a PSN account on someone else's PS3 with no problem? (sorry for the dumb-sounding question, I have no experience with PSN).

I do have a friend with a PS3 ... it actually might come down to impatience -- he's often busy and I'm not sure if I'll want to wait with an unusable game disk in my hands ...

I placed an order through Walmart with my fingers crossed that Amazon matches so I can cancel.

This is my first order with Walmart, so can someone give input on how well they ship. I noticed the shipping arrival dates were between that Tues. - Thurs. Can I expect to see this on the Tuesday release date or will they ship it on that date? Thanks.

bread's done
Back