Cheap Component GC cables?

AshesofWake

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
just got an hdtv recently and don't have rca hookups on it. Looked up online and mt gamecube has the component output that some do. BUT, Holy shit cakes, I looked up on ebay, these component cables are going for roughly 80 bucks...

so does anybody know a cheap alternative or anything? Thanks.

Not a whole lot you can do, third parties never made a version of the cable due to how it was made so the Nintendo cable is it and like you say the price for that can get up there.

Your best bet for a deal is to check GameStop regularly and digging through their used cables. You can even search online for nearby locations that claim to have it, although "claim" and "actually do" isn't always the same.

I know that a bunch of people have been lucky enough to get the cables this way - but anywhere else and you're looking at an easy $50+.

i checked the gamestop site and put in my zip code, the closest one that has it in stock is in san diego, about an hour and a half away. might as well just buy them on ebay haha. but oh well!

I usually throw in a few ZIP codes along the way when I'm taking a trip somewhere, if I'm going to have the time to make a stop or two. :D

For the price of the Gamecube component cables you might as well just get a used Wii if you don't already have one.

[quote name='pjarvi']For the price of the Gamecube component cables you might as well just get a used Wii if you don't already have one.[/QUOTE]

Almost... The only downside is if you want to play Game Boy Games via Game Boy Player, Broadband games (Mario Kart: Double Dash for the win!), use the Action Replay/Freeloader (although I assume there's a homebrew method for playing imported GCN games on the Wii...)

true....but for some crackhead reason I never considered a wii lol. Yeah if the cables are like 80+ from what I see, might as well get a wii when it drops to 150.

I have 3 extra sets laying around. I picked these 3 (used) genuine Nintendo GameCube component cables up from a GameStop in Santa Cruz a few years ago for $4.99 when they were moving the previous gen stuff out.

I know this isn't the trading thread, but if you want to work out a trade, shoot me a PM.

bread's done
Back