XBLA - Dishwasher: Vampire Smile - 800 MS points - April 6

Rooster752

CAGiversary!
Okay, got the full game and just posted a review. The short version - it's freaking awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, but this one corrects all of the problems I had. It looks and feels a whole lot better, and is just brutal as hell.

Full Review:
http://www.armlessoctopus.com/2011/04/04/the-dishwasher-vampire-smile-review-dismemberment-never-felt-so-good/

dishwasher-vs3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, looks awesome.
The first one was one of the few games I don't own on the Marketplace, this however looks pretty bad ass.

Co op sweetens the pot, me and my girlfriend love playing together.

Check it out tonight probably.

[quote name='OnettHero']Wow, looks awesome.
The first one was one of the few games I don't own on the Marketplace, this however looks pretty bad ass.

Co op sweetens the pot, me and my girlfriend love playing together.

Check it out tonight probably.[/QUOTE]

It comes out this wednesday. The co-op isn't great, because it can be very hectic with so much action on the screen. But, better to have the option than not.

[quote name='Rooster752']Okay, got the full game and just posted a review. The short version - it's freaking awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, but this one corrects all of the problems I had. It looks and feels a whole lot better, and is just brutal as hell.

[/QUOTE]

I was a huge fan of the first game, and while I'm enjoying Vampire Smile, I'm also kind of disappointed. Normal mode in Vampire Smile is easier than the Easy mode of Dead Samurai. One thing I loved about the original was that you couldn't survive by button mashing, it required careful management of the enemy types and weapons used. VS on Normal you can button mash your way through. I dislike the weapon switching compared to the original. Some of the weapons don't appear as useful even though they are fun to play around with and have brutal animations, the addition of the beads seems a little pointless, same with the guitar sections now that there are no picks required for upgrades.

While I am still enjoying the game, it feels like he fixed things that made the game unique. More people will likely enjoy this one though.

I'm am still having a blast trying to get thru the first one. This one looks great as well but being a CAG I can wait for a sale down the road :)

bread's done
Back