'WTF' Moments in Gaming

I am not sure if there is a video for it, but the day Sega announced the Saturn...and it was released the same week
199528-6.jpg

At E3 1995, Sega set up the bomb for E3 attendees when the company revealed that its in-development Sega Saturn console, scheduled to be released in September of 1995 would be released... immediately! Bumping the Saturn's release up six months to compete with the impending launch of the PlayStation contributed to it being a flop. Third parties were unaware of the surprise launch, leaving a meager launch game lineup, and the retail price of $399 was unexpectedly high. Sony actually took most of the air out of Sega's tires at the same E3: Sony's keynote speaker went up on stage, said "Two hundred and Ninety-Nine Dollars" and walked off the stage. And with that, Sony became a legitimate console company

Gaming wise though.....the laughing scene in Final Fantasy X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5FTJxfV3pc

[quote name='ihadFG']
nobynoby1.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Noby Noby Boy. I had that game downloaded on my old 40gb PS3 before I traded it in. I haven't found the time to download it on either of my slims as of yet, but I want to see what it looks like in HD, since I used to play it on my 20" SDtv when I was playing it still.

Weird game though.

Nothing to add at the moment, unfortunately, but gotta agree with the scene of Tidus and Yuna laughing like mental patients. What really makes it a "WTF Moment" is the fact that I really enjoyed the rest of the story, for the most part. But that scene is just awful.

[quote name='ihadFG']
nobynoby1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree with this one. Also, we tried to position it so he'd eat whatever came directly out of him therefore making an infinite loop (think snake eating itself or massive human centipede)

Fear Effect. the whole damn game was wtf and not in a good way . lame lesbian plot boring ass gameplay that required 3 or 4 disks.

another wtf for me was superman 64. it was based on the super popular superman cartoon series of the 90s and i couldnt wait to get my hands on it. caught a bus to ebgames ( before they got bought by gamestop ah great times) and picked it up got home booted that bitch up and was dick slapped by one of the shittiest games of all time. the game was so bad i packed it up and took another hour long bus ride to return it the same damn day.

Halo 2 as a whole. WTF happened between the trailers and the final release is beyond me.

Edit: Ghost and Roach in MW2.

Last edited by a moderator:
One simple sentence trumps everything else I've seen in all the games I've played; cookie to anyone who recognizes it:

"DON'T TRUST THE SKULL."

Anyone remember the error on the box for the Sega Saturn? One version of the box had the image of the saturn on the cover mirrorred, then the logos were photoshopped on so that they'd read correctly. The only problem is that the controllers were mirrorred too, so the buttons were on the left, and the d-pad was on the right.

I asked a guy at Toys R Us about it at the time, and he said that people had asked if they could by those...

[quote name='buffdrew84']NOT playing as Snake through MGS 2[/QUOTE]

Also all the codec conversations you have with the Colonel near the end of the game where he's saying crazy shit like:

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"

[quote name='Rodimus']Also all the codec conversations you have with the Colonel near the end of the game where he's saying crazy shit like:

"I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!"[/QUOTE]

that's right, i remember those crazy messages. And running around naked.

That game was awesome.

Yup, a lot of the Killer 7 references were 'WTF' moments. That game wins on the WTF for me. As well as Metal Gear Solid 2 towards the end messages.

Spoilers? It won't let me hide them...

For me, it has to be Fable 2.

Sleeping in Brightwood Tower for a second time to visit a once locked door. Inside you'll see npc's semi-melted/fused into the floor.

Another a glitch with the demon door that required your dog. I attempted to open the door after losing my dog. They gave me my dog back just for that unlocking, but the dog was sort of like a ghost of three fourths of its body/bluish. The rest was normal and the dog would disappear when I walked away.

Entering Chesty's house in the DLC only to find skeletons everywhere. Fable II seemed a bit darker to me than Fable I. I wonder if Fable III is darker than II?

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Yup, a lot of the Killer 7 references were 'WTF' moments. That game wins on the WTF for me. As well as Metal Gear Solid 2 towards the end messages.

Spoilers? It won't let me hide them...

For me, it has to be Fable 2.

Sleeping in Brightwood Tower for a second time to visit a once locked door. Inside you'll see npc's semi-melted/fused into the floor.

Another a glitch with the demon door that required your dog. I attempted to open the door after losing my dog. They gave me my dog back just for that unlocking, but the dog was sort of like a ghost of three fourths of its body/bluish. The rest was normal and the dog would disappear when I walked away.

Entering Chesty's house in the DLC only to find skeletons everywhere. Fable II seemed a bit darker to me than Fable I. I wonder if Fable III is darker than II?[/QUOTE]
No, Fable 3 isn't dark (or good) at all.

For me, playing the new Splatterhouse and doing a finishing move that has you ripping out an enemies colon out of his asshole. Or anus if you want to be scientific. I'll try and find a video.

another good wtf moment is the mega man 1 boxart. if not for a few brave kids who took a risk on it and word of mouth that series would have bombed.

Saving this for later.

I remember glitching out my copy of FF3/6 on SNES and managing to get through the glitched battle (Relm sketched something) and my inventory was stuffed with 255 copies of pretty much every relic, armor, shield, and weapon in the game.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']The entirety of Xenogears for the PSX.[/QUOTE]

This. I'm still confused about half the shit that went on in that game.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']I'm surprised Indigo Prophecy hasn't been mentioned yet. Definitely some WTfuckage in there.[/QUOTE]

Not so much the first half, more so the Matrix fighting sequences.

bread's done
Back