Airport Mania $0.99
Fruit Ninja $0.99

Resources

YouTube

AppBrain
GameSpot Mobile

Click Here for a List of Previously Offered Free Premium Apps

AT&T Compatibility

The Amazon Appstore for Android is now available on select AT&T Android mobile devices (requires firmware version 2.2 or greater):

HTC Aria
Samsung Infuse
HTC Inspire 4G
Samsung Captivate

If your phone is not listed above and you are not able to access the Amazon Appstore for Android, AT&T is unfortunately unable to support purchases from the Amazon Appstore on your device. For more details, contact AT&T.

Amazon Appstore is only available to customers located in the United States

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note, you will be directed to install the Amazon App store. Once there, you can also sign in using your existing Amazon Account. You sign up, they email you a link to dl the app for the app store. Apps install process is a little different from the google app store as well.

Also, they are advertising that they will be featuring a paid app for free every day.

Rio seems like a real sequel, I won't spoil it, but what you shoot at has completely changed.

[quote name='Masterkyo']I have mytouch 4G i wonder i able to get it for free or not?[/QUOTE]

One of my friends said he could not get the appstore to work with his AT&T phone. With the t-mobile merger... you may not get it to work either.

I also got angry birds seasons for free there. Thanks. I did not know amazon had free apps every day.

On the app store install instuctions, it says it is not compatible with ATT service. Doesn't say why. That sucks for you ATT Droid users, sorry.

Saw this on the bottom of the appstore screen.

"AT&T is working on enabling purchases from the Amazon Appstore in the near future"

[quote name='GT']On the app store install instuctions, it says it is not compatible with ATT service. Doesn't say why. That sucks for you ATT Droid users, sorry.[/QUOTE]

a minor hassle to complete, yet should add some further pig slaughtering mayhem to my bus rides.

related, it appears that rovio will be charging for all angry birds games for android now. I haven't checked the real market, but on this amazon one, even basic and seasons cost $0.99 while they were (or still are) free on the basic market. Theoretically, competition is good, but I don't know about this setup, but anyways, free game!

Offering a free app every day is certainly going to make me come back every morning.

[quote name='GT']On the app store install instuctions, it says it is not compatible with ATT service. Doesn't say why. That sucks for you ATT Droid users, sorry.[/QUOTE]

It's because AT&T doesn't allow you to install non-Market apps. They're a little scared at how open Android is.

[quote name='AgentW']a minor hassle to complete, yet should add some further pig slaughtering mayhem to my bus rides.

related, it appears that rovio will be charging for all angry birds games for android now. I haven't checked the real market, but on this amazon one, even basic and seasons cost $0.99 while they were (or still are) free on the basic market. Theoretically, competition is good, but I don't know about this setup, but anyways, free game![/QUOTE]
The free versions are in the Amazon Appstore as well, the paid versions are ad-free.

Angry Birds Free

[quote name='mkelehan']Offering a free app every day is certainly going to make me come back every morning.

It's because AT&T doesn't allow you to install non-Market apps. They're a little scared at how open Android is.[/QUOTE]

That's why I rooted my Atrix with AT&T. No problems here downloading and installing.

So does this mean there going to stop adding levels to the original?
Although I am stuck on a bunch of levels in the first game, some of the levels are so tough!

For t-mobile customers wondering, I have the G2 and it works great, make sure to enable one-click purchasing or it won't work!

My android phone is coming next week. Is there anyway i can download the free Apps/Games WITHOUT the phone or any Android Device yet? If so, how? Thanks!

Thanks, OP! Just downloaded to my Thunderbolt.

BTW, I love all the 1-star reviews from the tools who can't install the game.

[quote name='Camwi']Thanks, OP! Just downloaded to my Thunderbolt.

BTW, I love all the 1-star reviews from the tools who can't install the game.[/QUOTE]

The iOS App Store is no better with reviews :p

Thanks for the try. I can't get 1 click at all to work so fuck this. I have a feeling it will show up on the regular market at some point.

[quote name='HeeroJay']That's why I rooted my Atrix with AT&T. No problems here downloading and installing.[/QUOTE]
I need to root my inspire here pretty soon.....thanx OP

[quote name='shivan128']One of my friends said he could not get the appstore to work with his AT&T phone. With the t-mobile merger... you may not get it to work either.[/QUOTE]

False. T-Mobile hasn't merged with At&t yet and even if they did, T-Mobile customers still have couple of years after the merger before they are forced to use At&t phones.

Just follow Amazon directions on installing the app, they even have a video for those that are lazy.

[quote name='HydroX']Can't figure out how to get on AT&T. Guessing you can't unless you root? Any help?[/QUOTE]

You can if you have the SDK installed though. Get the Amazon Appstore apk file, which could be uploaded here since it's free anyways, and then enable USB debugging via your settings. After that, connect the phone to the computer and enter the commands in command prompt.

adb install *directory to where the apk file is and include the apk name*

Example:

adb install C:/amazonappstore.apk

That should work.

[quote name='lordopus99']Thanks for the try. I can't get 1 click at all to work so fuck this. I have a feeling it will show up on the regular market at some point.[/QUOTE]

Same with me. What a miserable install process. Jesus Christ. I enabled one click even though I have no desire to actually do it, then closed the app, reopen it, still nothing. Amazon does a lot of things well, but this is not one of them for me. (Droid X)

EDIT: Now I see, they want me to assign a payment method to my mobile account for this free download. Added, and will be promptly removed once the app is installed (downloading now). This seems like a miserable idea. Why would I want someone to have access to buying anything on my card through Amazon if my phone were lost or stolen? Or better yet, my kid gets a hold of my phone to play some game, the game links to an Amazon app, and now he's buying stuff left and right without knowing what he's doing. Horrible idea, still stand by bad app design comment, but many thanks to the OP, now that I have Rio installed.

I can't figure out how to add a payment to my mobile account to dl the game :whistle2:/.\

Ha, I just "paid" for it on amazon's site and sent it to my phone.

I had forgotten that AT&T blocks non-market applications from installing. What a crock. That's just asking for more and more of their users rooting and goofing around with their phones, and tethering off the "required" plan. (Although it seems like they've figured out how to track unauthorized tethering...hoping Verizon doesn't catch on myself!)

Hmmm, keep saying there's not enough room on the SD card on my Evo for it. There was nothing on my SD card. So I moved Google Earth (the biggest app Im aware of, at least way bigger than Angry Birds Rio would be) from my phone to the SD card, and it moved over just fine. Tried it again, same message. Moved Earth back to the phone, same message.

Any ideas? It is in my purchases now though, so at least I have it once I figure this out.

[quote name='mxmarks']Hmmm, keep saying there's not enough room on the SD card on my Evo for it. There was nothing on my SD card. So I moved Google Earth (the biggest app Im aware of, at least way bigger than Angry Birds Rio would be) from my phone to the SD card, and it moved over just fine. Tried it again, same message. Moved Earth back to the phone, same message.

Any ideas? It is in my purchases now though, so at least I have it once I figure this out.[/QUOTE]

If it's like my phone (Motorola Droid) I had taken up just about all the space on the internal memory on my phone. So I moved a lot of apps from the phone to SD card and I was able to then download more apps. You might have to do a couple of apps not just one, if it's the same as mine was.

[quote name='berzirk']Same with me. What a miserable install process. Jesus Christ. I enabled one click even though I have no desire to actually do it, then closed the app, reopen it, still nothing. Amazon does a lot of things well, but this is not one of them for me. (Droid X)

EDIT: Now I see, they want me to assign a payment method to my mobile account for this free download. Added, and will be promptly removed once the app is installed (downloading now). This seems like a miserable idea. Why would I want someone to have access to buying anything on my card through Amazon if my phone were lost or stolen? Or better yet, my kid gets a hold of my phone to play some game, the game links to an Amazon app, and now he's buying stuff left and right without knowing what he's doing. Horrible idea, still stand by bad app design comment, but many thanks to the OP, now that I have Rio installed.[/QUOTE]

everyone should go to 'leave feedback' and explain that you want to be able to log out and browse the store without being able to make a purchase until you log back in. I've done it already.

[quote name='HydroX']Can't figure out how to get on AT&T. Guessing you can't unless you root? Any help?[/QUOTE]

You can't unless you root.

[quote name='kburns10']Is this going to be a new thread? Because I would love to know what the new deals are each day![/QUOTE]

Then just check the site, idiot.

[quote name='pholly']Then just check the site, idiot.[/QUOTE]

Oh I'm sorry. I figured since there were threads telling us the Deal of the Day for Xbox games when EVERYONE COULD JUST CHECK THE SITE maybe the OP would be keeping this going. Excuse the fuck out of me for asking a question.

I just have so many AB levels still to do between the seasonal ones and the originals that I shouldn't be downloading this.......... too late, Now I have even more levels I have to do.

[quote name='xNightfire147x']I just have so many AB levels still to do between the seasonal ones and the originals that I shouldn't be downloading this.......... too late, Now I have even more levels I have to do.[/QUOTE]

Seasons is too hard imo, I don't really like it. I've played most of the first game, there are a couple levels I'm stumped on though. Rio is fairly easy (compared to the original and seasons) so far, already on the second world.

bread's done
Back