[DEAD] D2D (PC) Racing Games on Sale + 20% off code, NFS:HP=$12, Dirt 2=$4, and more!

Xealot42

CAGiversary!
Feedback
265 (100%)
It seems that D2D has a lot of racing games on sale:

**Use coupon code marchmadness to take 20% off of your order. (Thanks JokerWild)**

Also the daily deal for today is Mount & Blade: Warband for $7.50.
(Can be registered on Steam) Unfortunately it appears that the keys are in a different format than Steam accepts for Warband.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Can these versions of NFS: Shift and NFS: Hot Pursuit be registered on EA Download Manager?[/QUOTE]

I bought Shift from D2D in 2009 and it registered with EADM just fine. I can't comment on Hot Pursuit since I haven't picked it up yet.

Dirt 2 is definitely worth it at five bucks; I nabbed it at ten during a Steam sale and I logged over 20 hours on it. Only a handful of achievements left on it, but those are multiplayer.

I wanna get F1 2010 but $20 is too rich for my blood. Oh well; some day it'll be as cheap as Dirt 2 was.

[quote name='Xealot42']They have the official deal page up now with even more racing games.

And with the coupon code NFS HP drops to $11.96. I may have to cave and pick it up.[/QUOTE]

I'm not really into racing games but that is quite a deal on NFS HP. Does any one know how the PC port is? I'd probably be using a controller for the actual game, but are the menus navigable via mouse, are there graphics options, that kind of thing?

[quote name='Xealot42']I bought Shift from D2D in 2009 and it registered with EADM just fine. I can't comment on Hot Pursuit since I haven't picked it up yet.[/QUOTE]

Bought NFS: Shift and Hot Pursuit from D2D.
Yup, both can be plugged right into EADM. :)

i picked up mount and blade, but the code is in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, whereas steam requires that it be in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Hopefully there's a second key I get somewhere in the installation process, cuz as of now it looks like the copies D2D are selling are not registerable on Steam.

[quote name='supershammy']i picked up mount and blade, but the code is in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX, whereas steam requires that it be in the format XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX. Hopefully there's a second key I get somewhere in the installation process, cuz as of now it looks like the copies D2D are selling are not registerable on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Ouch that sucks. I thought it would register on Steam since it is on the Retail CD Keys list. I've never owned a game that was on that list but wouldn't activate on Steam. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

There is a key converter on their forums but it only seems to convert steam keys to non-steam keys.

I might have to bite on the Warband deal. Not sure what the big draw of registering it on Steam is, but $7.50 vs. $30 is a no brainer for me.

Taking a chance on Post Apocalyptic Mayhem...couldn't find much info or any real reviews, but it looks fun...

Thanks for posting this. With that coupon, I'm going to have to think about some of these games.

For anyone looking at GTR Evolution, STCC, or Race 07, this isn't a good price. In fact, they're $2 more expensive than Steam's regular price, which is itself way too high (it's still higher than the retail price was at launch!)

Amazon has GTR Evolution for $10, and it's the same as the "complete" edition on D2D: GTR evolution (expansion) + Race07 (full base game). They also have Race On for $8, which is better than the STCC "complete edition": Race On (expansion) + STCC (expansion) + Race07 (full base game). Those aren't sale prices, if anything I think GTR evolution has gone up a few dollars over the past year. But you could still buy both of these packs from amazon and get the full game and all 3 expansions for less than the price of Race 07 alone from D2D.

Those amazon versions all register on steam (it's required for multiplayer, so I assume D2D's version needs to be registered on Steam for multiplayer too). You type in the one key from the box and it gives you all the parts in the complete edition. If you buy both expansion packs, you lose out on your second copy of Race 07 when registering on Steam.

I know Race On isn't listed on Steam's CD Key list, but SimBin is really trying to milk the Race07 engine with expansion packs and I think Valve just got sick of having to list them all. Just last week SimBin put out a free expansion to Race07 which registers on steam, and they seem to have started selling a STCC2 (swedish touring cars) expansion for steam just a few hours ago.

I just saw on Twitter that today there's going to be a EA Flash Deal on NFS:HP (60% off).... I don't have facebook to see the specific details of the deal... but I thought you all wanted to know about this....

Thanks OP and code poster. Been staying away from PC purchases cos I've got so many games, but I've been wanting HP since it came out and 12$ was too good to pass up.

[quote name='johnskelter']I just saw on Twitter that today there's going to be a EA Flash Deal on NFS:HP (60% off).... I don't have facebook to see the specific details of the deal... but I thought you all wanted to know about this....[/QUOTE]

It's showing as 29.99$ on ea's store, so -60% will make it 12$, same as D2D price.

I decided to pick up Hot Pursuit but unfortunately D2D and EA Download Managers are going very slowly.

Also D2D has started charging sales tax since I last bought a game from them. Not sure if this is true in other states though.

[quote name='Xealot42']I decided to pick up Hot Pursuit but unfortunately D2D and EA Download Managers are going very slowly.

Also D2D has started charging sales tax since I last bought a game from them. Not sure if this is true in other states though.[/QUOTE]

Yep I get flak with tax too here in AZ.

I thinking of using the 20% on the already 10% pre-order of the Black Ops map pack but since the game runs off dedicated servers I'm not too worried about finding servers that don't run the new map rotations. I mostly play on 24/7 Array servers anyway.

[quote name='b0nes']Does anyone know whether there's a decent online community for NFS:hot pursuit?[/QUOTE]

Not sure, but feel free to add me. (EA ID is TravistyOJ), I should be on this weekend a bit.

Dang, I want a good kart racer for the PC, but Sonic & SEGA is not a fun game. (My experience with the demo was lackluster.)

Is there a good weapons-based kart racer on the PC (Steam/D2D), or should I stick with Blur?

pretty amazing deal. sucks that texas gets taxed, love racing games though and this will be a good distraction until my 3DS arrives from amazon.

in for split/second, test drive unlimited 1, sonic and sega all stars racing

maybe nfs hot pursuit, not sure how it would run on a radeon hd 3870 though

Good to see a digital distributor filling in the void that have been the Steam deals as of late. Picking up Split Second, Sonic, and NFS: HP around $20 is a great deal.

[quote name='SeanTM22']So Hot Pursuit IS EADM activateable?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I used EADM to download my copy since D2D was going a bit slow that night.

Can anybody explain to me why paypal always ask me to put a new credit card on my account when i want to pay for something, when i have one already on my account, this is beyond frustrating.

[quote name='Nastrodamous']Can anybody explain to me why paypal always ask me to put a new credit card on my account when i want to pay for something, when i have one already on my account, this is beyond frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Is the paypal account 'verified' with paypal?

Just bought 3 games (Test Drive Unlimited 1, Split/Second, and Sonic and Sega All Star Racing) and downloading via Firefox. Don't want another game client on my machine. Since these are not Steam registerable, do they work with GFWL?

bread's done
Back