CAG Steamy Nights - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Week

jim5364

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Hey Everybody,

I was talking with some fellow CAGs and we thought it would be fun/cool to have a couple of nights a week where we can all get together and play some Multiplayer Steam games. I call it CAG Steamy Nights!

Discussion has been to have two nights. Thursday and Sunday. There are a ton of games out there that a lot of us own, but haven't played multiplayer yet with like minded people. Also, this is a good way to meet and play with people that are not jerks. (Well, for the most part)

Each week will pick a new game to play. There are a ton out there to choose from.

Time frames I was thinking would be starting at 7pm PST/10PM EST each week on Thursdays and Sundays. We can all meet in the group chat on Steam and coordinate.

We'll set up an event in the Steam Group to remind everyone.

The game this week will be Battlefield Bad Company 2!

[youtube]XrLN_oqc8Vs[/youtube]

Steam Link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/http://store.steampowered.com/app/24960/

Should be a lot of fun.

So, Thursday @ 7PM PST/9 CST/10PM EST.

And in case you can't make it Thursday....

Sunday
@ 7PM PST/9CST/10PM EST.

Let me know what you all think!

Also, if you don't have the game, please come anyway. I am sure you can find some other CAGs that will play something that you've been wanting to play. Come out and join the fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm down for that. I think I can make both days. Can we get a CAG league for MNC and TF2. I don't have TF2 yet but I will get that game to play with other CAGs.

Steam ID: maguszxz

Ill be participating at least one night a week. for those of you who plan on joining regularly, add me on steam.

Went ahead and added a poll for start times. We want to be able to make sure everyone is on board with times.

We can play until....whenever. No real stop time.

Just trying to boost gaming with each other more on Steam. There's a bunch of us on there, but for some reason I don't tend to play a lot of games with my other CAGs.

I figured this would be a good way to meet people and game with cool peeps.

I would be interested, except for the fact that you're starting too early. I voted for 8pm PST start time, but even that's a bit early.

I'm down for some HL 2 Deathmatch. Since it's free everyone will be sure to have it and would be a great way to get this off the ground.

[quote name='Megazell']I'm down for some HL 2 Deathmatch. Since it's free everyone will be sure to have it and would be a great way to get this off the ground.[/QUOTE]

I have zero interest in hl2 dm. Games that are popular, or have had recent sales like mnc are probably a good idea.

I'm totally down for this. I've got so many MP games to play and this would be a good way to try them out. All while getting to know the CAG Steam community.

I reccommend we do Lead & Gold after MNC. It's $2.50 this weekend (free weekend for those who want to try before buying) and it's a pretty solid MP game. The lag issues really hurt it at release and there's hardly anybody playing, but I think the free weekend/sale/recent patch (adds a new map) will inject some life into it.

Haha, it may be the only way I'd ever get around to playing Deathmatch.

Good idea! I'm done with school on 4/3, so I'll have a lot of extra time on my hands. Any interest in Monday/Tuesday gaming?

I think a lot of us probably have Killing Floor and the free Valve alien game.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Haha, it may be the only way I'd ever get around to playing Deathmatch.

Good idea! I'm done with school on 4/3, so I'll have a lot of extra time on my hands. Any interest in Monday/Tuesday gaming?

I think a lot of us probably have Killing Floor and the free Valve alien game.[/QUOTE]

Alien Swarm. That's another good one but only supports 4 players.

Just came from HL 2 DM. Found a lot of new servers with CO-OP Invasion-like maps that are a lot of fun.

[quote name='crystalklear64']is this something different from the already existing cag steam group with gaming nights?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was done before or not. I am sure it was. But, I just recently got back into PC gaming. (Once I upgraded my PC!)

It's been really fun connecting with some fellow CAGs like Paz9x, EastX, and DukeEdwardI. Just looking to start a weekly thing each week to build up the community gaming together more. We share the same interests in getting dirt cheap games, but doesn't seem like that fervor rolls over into gaming together.

Just trying to keep the good times rolling. :D

Looks like we'll be updating the times to a later one. Don't forget to vote!

EDIT: Looks like a lot of the times are even in the poll. We'll make a decision on the start time by Tuesday hopefully.

[quote name='crystalklear64']is this something different from the already existing cag steam group with gaming nights?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jim5364']Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was done before or not. I am sure it was. But, I just recently got back into PC gaming. (Once I upgraded my PC!)
We share the same interests in getting dirt cheap games, but doesn't seem like that fervor rolls over into gaming together.

Just trying to keep the good times rolling. :D

Looks like we'll be updating the times to a later one. Don't forget to vote!

EDIT: Looks like a lot of the times are even in the poll. We'll make a decision on the start time by Tuesday hopefully.[/QUOTE]

the cag steam group is used like a friends list, i cant remember the last time if at all there was an organized gamign night through that group.

also there is no thread to organize and discuss game nights, this thread is a good thing.

I hope we see more involvment than the poll is indicating.

Updated the times.

Based on the poll, looks like majority would like 7pmPST/10PMEST.

So, we'll start then. Hope to see everyone there!

Blast! I was hoping for the earlier time. I work a week on/week off overnight schedule. With the earlier time I would have had time to play before work. Now I can only join in every other week :(

Oh well, better to have a time that works for more people. Otherwise these game nights might not last long.

[quote name='JakeNome']bah, if only i didnt have a project to work on[/QUOTE]

youve got all night to work on projects.

It was great meeting some new people and playing some MNC!

This week should be a lot of fun. L4D is a classic and it's been awhile since I have played it. Just recently played the multiplayer and thought it was a lot of fun.

I'm only able to play late at night usually between 12-5AM PST. It'd be great to find some guys to play L4D 1 or 2 or anything else. My steam ID is {CAG}Egon so add me if you're a late sleeper too.

BTW, I have no idea if CAG has a clan so I just used it figuring it was the easiest way to identify other CAGs. I mean after all, we are our own cult aren't we? :shock:

This should be fun. Are we playing 1 or 2? May as well do 2 if everyone has it, since we can still play the levels from 1.

I just built a new PC and would love to play some L4D2 co-op.

If someone doesn't have L4D2 I might be able to gift it.

If I'm available I'm definitely down for some L4D or L4D 2. Please let us know if the plan is L4D or L4D 2 so we know which one to install.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']If I'm available I'm definitely down for some L4D or L4D 2. Please let us know if the plan is L4D or L4D 2 so we know which one to install.[/QUOTE]

Seems like the consensus is L4D2. So, we can do some L4D2.

Should be fun. Multiplayer is a lot of fun or we can set up some groups of 4 for co-op.

Regardless, we'll meet up in the group chat and figure it out from there.

You know, I don't think I've ever played L4D2 Vs. MP. I only played a bit of it in L4D1 and having fun. Should be cool with the new Infected classes (jockey/spitter).

I've come to enjoy survival. Less random running, more strategy. Especially with some of the custom maps that have been made.

[quote name='jim5364']Seems like the consensus is L4D2. So, we can do some L4D2.

Should be fun. Multiplayer is a lot of fun or we can set up some groups of 4 for co-op.

Regardless, we'll meet up in the group chat and figure it out from there.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good :)

Great gaming, guys and gals.

Thanks J-Cart for the L4D2 Gift.

See ya next week :)

Oof, last night was rough. I was only able to play for a little bit, but I was WAY off my L4D game. The guys you were playing against were douchefaces too. Do one thing wrong and they were SURE to let you know how awful you were.

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Oof, last night was rough. I was only able to play for a little bit, but I was WAY off my L4D game. The guys you were playing against were douchefaces too. Do one thing wrong and they were SURE to let you know how awful you were.[/QUOTE]

You miss the game earlier. No Mercy match. We lost the first round. This dude was crying and spewing hate. So I did what I had to do to get him even more mad. 2nd round we raped his entire team. Left him for last and he was very quiet..then he raged quit when it was about to happen again. :)

It's like that though. Too many people log on with nonsense from their RL and bring it in the game...that or they're kids. Which is usually why I rock MP games with ppl I know in RL to have a better experience.

With that said it was pretty fun. Many of us were new to L4D 2 and especially that last map. The infected had the high ground for too long on it, IMO.

[quote name='Megazell']You miss the game earlier. No Mercy match. We lost the first round. This dude was crying and spewing hate. So I did what I had to do to get him even more mad. 2nd round we raped his entire team. Left him for last and he was very quiet..then he raged quit when it was about to happen again. :)

It's like that though. Too many people log on with nonsense from their RL and bring it in the game...that or they're kids. Which is usually why I rock MP games with ppl I know in RL to have a better experience.

With that said it was pretty fun. Many of us were new to L4D 2 and especially that last map. The infected had the high ground for too long on it, IMO.[/QUOTE]

Overall, it was a lot of fun. Enjoyed meeting and playing with some new people that are not donkeys.

Callandor was pretty good at L4D2. He showed us the ropes. (well, me at least) A good time was had.

Hopefully this Sunday we can get a pretty good crowd going again for some more L4D2.

I'll keep posting the events in the group so it gives a notification. Some donkey was upset by the notifications. I think it is helpful to have the event set up on the group page.

Thanks to everyone who came out on Thursday! Also, open for any suggestions on next week's game.

Good to know I helped some other people have fun with L4D2. If I'm home at the right time tonight, I'll see if I can get into another game or two with this group!

Killing Floor this week! Portal 2 is also out. I'll be playing a ton of Portal 2, but I've never played Killing Floor extensively. Should be fun!

Thanks for Khamous and Noboty for helping out last week. Killing Floor was a lot of fun.
This week Team Fortress 2! Should be fun, I don't have a lot of experience playing it.

KF was indeed a lot of fun. if any of you guys are playing KF feel free to let me know, id love to join.

Another good selection with tf2 Jim.

[quote name='j-cart']Where is the group chat? I got TF2. Would love to play with CAGs.[/QUOTE]

doesnt look like anybody is playing.

cant play socom, nobody is playing tf2. shitty.

bread's done
Back