CAG Nintendo 3DS Launch Center

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]21764[/IMG-R]Here's the story on the new Nintendo 3DS Launch Center. A single page contains the latest 3DS hardware and software prices, deals, trade-in offers and much more. We'll be adding more retailers and features as this prototype will eventually be used for deal tracking all consoles, point cards, accessories, etc.

:3ds: CAG Nintendo 3DS Launch Center

[quote name='Not Pennys Boat']I think I'll wait a couple months for a "3DS Lite / 3DSi / 3DSi Lite" to come out :roll:[/QUOTE]
Exactly, at which point I'll buy 2 3DS Lites (for JP and NA) thanks to region-locking :roll:. Region-locking is keeping me from a day-1 purchase, but I'll still grab the games when on sale.

Right now, my priority is pouncing on the looming DSi XL price drop due to the 3DS launch.

[quote name='Gamelore']Exactly, at which point I'll buy 2 3DS Lites (for JP and NA) thanks to region-locking :roll:. Region-locking is keeping me from a day-1 purchase, but I'll still grab the games when on sale.

Right now, my priority is pouncing on the looming DSi XL price drop due to the 3DS launch.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect a price drop for the DSi XL, I am thinking unless they stop making DS games there will basically be a same as things are until the run out of stock of Regular DS systems. I don't think Region locking will change either.

[quote name='Not Pennys Boat']I think I'll wait a couple months for a "3DS Lite / 3DSi / 3DSi Lite" to come out :roll:[/QUOTE]

Couple Months = 2 Months.

Realistically, you're talking about waiting 18 months to play 3DS games. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I canceled my preorder. I don't really see myself playing any of the launch titles, or any of the games coming out this year so far.

The layout looks like a 360 loving, Nintendo hating person designed it. ;)

I ordered 2 'cause mees got dos ninos.

Might as well order now. $25 off a $40 game with order = free game after you trade it back in down the road.

Mainly ordering to check it out. I'm sure the built-in stuff will entertain me for a week. Dos Los Ninos will force me keep at least one. Other one will go up on Ebay maybe both will if high demand hits.

Then I'll pay off my los ninos with a percentage of the profits and guarantee we'll get another down the road when real games come out.

Even though it is paid off I am torn between cancelling my gamestop preorder and go with amazon or kmart deal for the 25 credit.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I canceled my preorder. I don't really see myself playing any of the launch titles, or any of the games coming out this year so far.[/QUOTE]

The same.

Didn't want to, but a couple tests of the 3DS and launch games left me hugely disappointed.

To each their own. though - an aggregate access page for all deals is pretty sweet - hope we see the same when NGP hits.

This is WAY better than the 3DS trade in offers thread you started. That just turned into a hater/fanboy sound-off. Now we don't have to wade through any of that crap.

[quote name='Kylearan']The same.

Didn't want to, but a couple tests of the 3DS and launch games left me hugely disappointed.

To each their own. though - an aggregate access page for all deals is pretty sweet - hope we see the same when NGP hits.[/QUOTE]

I am a huge RPG fan and seriously disappointed the only one on the radar this yes is a rehashed SMT Devil survivor which is more a strategy game than RPG. (Not a bad game but already played and don't need a rerelease) Probably will not get until they release a real RPG, so I will probably wait until the "lite" version like I did for the original DS. I can only hope they can make up for this shortsight in the nintendo online store.

BTW I like the design and glad that it is similar to the current models. However I have a DS lite and XL so no need for this now even if it is BC.

Picked up the Miami Dolphins Color from Gamestop then trotted over to TRU and pwned Ridge Racer and Ghost Recon. My Dan Marino 3DS is charging as I type this

picked up all black from Best Buy. Really sad to see there wasn't a line formed up or anything for it, but a few people bought one. I got dizzy as hell playing the demo unit (my first time) for only a minute. But as the cute girl at the checkout lane mentioned, "its conditioning for the future!" Hell yeah it is, if I can't handle the 3DS, then I shouldn't be a gamer..(right?)

Picked up Pilot Wings b/c the unit was an impulse purchase to begin with, and I wasn't up with all the other reviews. and Pilotwings is/was the bomb! I may need to check out Ghost Recon b/c that looked bad ass. But everything else was lackluster, especially since they were all basically retreads and GI warned of Steeldiver and that dinosaur game.

Still haven't opened the box, and still feeling woozy 2 hours later (my eyes feel like their crossed) I don't know if I'm going to end up returning it or not. It just seems so damn cool from the tech standpoint..

plus, I was bummed to see the age recommendation for 3D viewing was Age 7, my kid just turned 5, I'm now scared as hell to even show it to him..

My wife picked her's up this morning and seeing as she went out for the day; I opened it up and played around with it. I have to say I'm actually impressed more than I thought I would be I really like the aqua color too. The 3d doesn't bother my eyes at all (but I do have a 3d led lcd and have used it a lot so my eyes are probably used to it by now).

you can turn the 3D effect off; I guess the problem with the 3DS is in the nature of how 3D viewing works, with stuff flickering at you mui rapido to either eye. This can result in the development of a lazy eye in children whose eyes are still developing

If someone were to take a picture of the 3D screen with their 3DS's 3D camera, (note 2 3DS are required), would the picture be AMAZING? or what

My older brother bought it. I've been playing it a little while. Top screen 3D hurted my eyes on the Street Fighter 3DS! X_X 3DS is so nice! :p

bread's done
Back