Skies of Arcadia Legends $19.99 (GC) 3 left in stock at Gamestop.com

they had it not long ago at 14.99, must have raised the price. Might still be $15 in store.
ot, wonder if they will have the gameday sales soon

It's been $19.99 on the site for a long time, just not in-stock.

I've been watching it for awhile since I lost my Dreamcast copy when I moved a few weeks ago.

I figure a dinged up Gamecube copy is better than nothing.

I found a complete copy in store for $15 about a year ago. Unfortunately I didn't check the discs until a couple months later when I finally got around to playing it.

The disc was completely scratched and didn't work. It's a shame, this game seems like a lot of fun.

FANTASTIC RPG, one of my all-time favorites. The story and dialog are a little cheezy, but the gameplay (especially the airship boss battles) are a lot of fun.

[quote name='vherub']they had it not long ago at 14.99, must have raised the price. Might still be $15 in store.
ot, wonder if they will have the gameday sales soon[/QUOTE]

Yeah I snagged like 4-5 of these when they were $15 at various stores. Pretty good flip back then :D

I actually picked up the Gamecube version even after owning and beating the Dreamcast version since there was some additional content.

[quote name='silentbobfan']i really wish sega would bring this game to xbla/psn.[/quote]

+1. This is one of the best RPGs ever made

I remembered that I have a sealed copy of Skies of Arcadia Legends and got excited for a minute, but it seems ebay price for a new copy is around $50.

Meh.

[quote name='vherub']they had it not long ago at 14.99, must have raised the price. Might still be $15 in store.
ot, wonder if they will have the gameday sales soon[/QUOTE]

in their weekly ad it says there is a power saver sale starting 4/1

I got this GCN version for the additional content after finishing the Dreamcast version. I noticed a difference in the music/audio department of the GCN version, seemed lower. Other than that, the game is great.

Having played/finished the Dreamcast version, I just couldn't stand the music of the gamecube version. The additional content is what kept me from returning the game.

If Sega ever releases Skies of Arcadia again. I hope they use the audio from the Dreamcast version. I don't care if they make the "Legends" portion of the game as a DLC/upgrade like they did with Sonic Adventure/DX upgrade DLC.

I love this game.."Fire Consume my Enemy, Lambda Burst" :p..remember doing this over and over. I got lucky when it was re-released at GS back in 2004 for 19.99. I didn't know it was rare for the longest time, and than Sega re-released it and now it's OOP.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Having played/finished the Dreamcast version, I just couldn't stand the music of the gamecube version. The additional content is what kept me from returning the game.

If Sega ever releases Skies of Arcadia again. I hope they use the audio from the Dreamcast version. I don't care if they make the "Legends" portion of the game as a DLC/upgrade like they did with Sonic Adventure/DX upgrade DLC.[/QUOTE]

The music is different on the GC version?? Oh that's a shame, the original Dreamcast version was one of the great all around games back then. I know when I reeeeally love a game. I finished it, that how I know. :lol:

Sorry to hear they changed the music.

I really loved the battle system(s), but hated the absurdly high encounter rate. They "toned" it down for the GC version, but it still felt the same to me. For that reason alone I don't see myself playing through this classic again, as much as I would like to.

I loved the game until I got to that jungle town.
Now all I can remember about the game is climbing up and down ladders for hours just to get healed and/or leave town.
Frustrated me so much that I just stopped playing.

One of my top RPG's of all time. Friend had it on Dreamcast and I fell in love. Day 1 purchased Gamecube Legends version when I heard it would be ported. Lost the cupil mini game controller memory card thing (instead it had in game 1st person searching), but gained a fair amount of extras in the GC version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember i bought it day 1, and thought it sucked and sold it, i want to play it now, funny how that happens

I died so much on the first air battle :(

I still have my dreamcast copy, even though disc 1 is dead. I never got to beat it cause at the last boss for disc 1 my dreamcast dropped and know it won't play it. So sad maybe I should dust off the gamecube and try to find this to play it.

I have this on the DC never got the GC version, may have been cool to own but i would NEVER buy a used game from gamestop online. You really need to look at the disks at gamestop. A lot of their craps in terrible condition. Plus i always need case/manual

Still i actually never really dug the game much.. everyone said it was great but i never beat it. The manual lists the enemy color/dmg charts wrong and i could never figure out what did what damage wise, so it got old really fast =P

[quote name='venturin']The music is different on the GC version?? Oh that's a shame, the original Dreamcast version was one of the great all around games back then. I know when I reeeeally love a game. I finished it, that how I know. :lol:

Sorry to hear they changed the music.[/QUOTE]

The music is the same in a sense just a step down in quality. It sounded like an orchestra on Dreamcast version, while to me the Gamecube version sounded kind of like NES game with midi files.

I remember reading somewhere either here or gamefaqs that music quality was sacrificed to fit on the GCN game disc.

bread's done
Back