Kongregate Gives Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Points Now!

Daw19yoyo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Now www.kongregate.com gives Gamestop PowerUp Rewards Point for Doing specific things.

Here I coppied this off Kongs Website

How can I score PowerUp Rewards Points on Kongregate?

There are 4 ways you can earn PowerUp Points.
  • Link Kongregate and PowerUp Rewards accounts Link your accounts

Automatically score 250 PowerUp Rewards Points just for linking your Kongregate and PowerUp Rewards accounts.
  • Badge of the Day Badge of the Day

Every day, we select one badge to be the “Badge of the Day.” If you complete that badge by the end of the day, you'll earn extra Kongregate points based on the difficulty of the badge, plus the same number of PowerUp Rwards Points.
  • Kreds Purchases Kreds Purchases

Purchase Kreds on our site and you'll automatically score PowerUp Rewards Points as well! The more Kreds you buy, the more PowerUp Rewards Points you'll score!
  • Kongregate Arcade Install Kongregate Arcade App

Have a mobile phone or tablet running Android 2.2 (Froyo) or greater, with Flash Player 10.1? Install Kongregate Arcade App for Android and you'll automatically earn 250 PowerUp Rewards Points!

Also
And PowerUp Rewards Pro Members score 10% more points!

Today's Badge of the Day
amorphousbeast5_grayscale.png

Badge to be earned
Badge Of The Day

Blob Naturalist Badge (medium - 15 points) Catalog 10 unique species of blobs in Amorphous+

If you've completed the badge already, just go to the game page to claim your extra points!

If you've completed the badge already, just go to the game page to claim your extra points!

PowerUp Rewards Pro members will get 17 points today.

here is a Qr Code for the Kongregate App for Android
arcade_QR.png
af_feature_heading.png
Get one Kongregate Point for every Kongregate game you trade in!
Kongregate and GameStop have merged TO THE EXTREME!!! to become KongStop, and we're proud to launch that with a brand-new feature.
Played that game until your wrists are screaming?
Time to take that old flash game and, you guessed it, TRADE IT IN!
(Up to a maximum of 5 points per user.)

April Fools I think!
Who else thinks this is EPIC? I will update the badge of the When I get on.
Now Go off and get more points People!
Also if you want to people should put up stratigies to get the badge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to become a part of the program without going to a local Gamestop? Because the closest Gamestop is a 50 minute drive for me.

[quote name='ohram']Is there a way to become a part of the program without going to a local Gamestop? Because the closest Gamestop is a 50 minute drive for me.[/QUOTE]

I don't think so because you need to get a special card from them and you need a card code to link them up at Kong. It is worth it if you actually buy stuff often from them though. Take me i got over 7800 point and i just reedeamed them for COG tags. Free items for just shopping.

[quote name='kburns10']Thanks for the heads up OP! Just linked my Powerup Rewards Card to an account :)[/QUOTE]

Are you Normal or Pro?

I used to waste so much time on this site getting badges. Every single badge of the day so far has been earned by me already so I don't have to do shit.

[quote name='M3wThr33']So in a decade, you'll be able to have enough points to get $5 off.[/QUOTE]

Not Exactly. first you can get up to 275 for joining and then, I think, about 300 for downloading theandriod app. and then the game a day can vary depending on the achievment. If your short on something by just a bit this can help you get it instead of paying mony to get points.

[quote name='Daw19yoyo']Not Exactly. first you can get up to 275 for joining and then, I think, about 300 for downloading theandriod app. and then the game a day can vary depending on the achievment. If your short on something by just a bit this can help you get it instead of paying mony to get points.[/QUOTE]

I've been playing for the last 3 days, and most points have been 5 to 15. So let's be generous, and say it's 15 points a day.

$5 off is 5,000 points. I'm at 1,000 points, 250 bonus included. (No Android phone)

So for the remaining 4,000 points, at 15 a day, that's 266 days, or 8 and a half months for the equivalent of $4. I could make more money picking up pennies on the street.

Then do so. It's a bonus for fans of Kongregate. I'm not complaining, as it's free stuff. It got me the Sonic shirt I was close to just by signing up and with how often I trade in/buy used games at GameStop this is a deal for me. Free points are free points. No point in complaining since they could tell you to die in a fire and not give you anything for free. :p

I got a PS2 gamestop controller free from this program and I've been buying used games under 14.99 since I joined last April

What was funny for me was I just spent 6800 on the COG Tags. Had A thousand then spent them on a flight suit. Traded the flight suit for Dead Space Ignition. I have had an awesome Weekend so far! :whee:

thanks OP! with out this post i would have missed out on the points! got 275pts for linking power up and 275pts for android app! sweet!

Thanks for the post, OP. I just linked my girlfriend's account up and started playing. It took me a little over two hours to buy enough upgrades to get that damn "I Like Turtles" achievement, but what the hell. I'm sure she'll like the little Pac Man plush once I get another 100 points.

[quote name='M3wThr33']I've been playing for the last 3 days, and most points have been 5 to 15. So let's be generous, and say it's 15 points a day.

$5 off is 5,000 points. I'm at 1,000 points, 250 bonus included. (No Android phone)

So for the remaining 4,000 points, at 15 a day, that's 266 days, or 8 and a half months for the equivalent of $4. I could make more money picking up pennies on the street.[/QUOTE]

So you're being given something for nothing and you're complaining that it's not good enough.

anybody know the best settings to get 5 mil on music catch? i hate this game because it wont let me have other music up when i play it :(

Edit: i'm not even sure ill be able to do this, i have a track pad on my laptop so it's pretty hard, and my best was 3.65 mil with no red stars 71% notes gotten and 106 multiplyer. I don't think i can do better than that

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Survivalism']So you're being given something for nothing and you're complaining that it's not good enough.[/QUOTE]

He was complaining that every point being worth 1/10th of a cent doesn't make this a very rewarding rewards program given the high prices, and that is obvious. They don't have to give anything, true, but this is so little it's almost nothing already. Some of these badges are easy, but others are just too time consuming to be worth 3 cents.

[quote name='Survivalism']So you're being given something for nothing and you're complaining that it's not good enough.[/QUOTE]

He's absolutely right. This isn't something for nothing, this is something for time spent, same as work or anything else, but the difference is you make less than Chinese child labor. I bet you also believe survey sites are "something for nothing" or "free". They're not. I can get twenty dollars in an hour or two on a survey site though, so even though that's still not much, it's more than Chinese children make in sweatshops... :booty:

You guys are looking at this all wrong. This is incentive to play more, not a legitimate offer. The legitimate offer for getting these points is buying gamestop games. The goal of this is to get gamestop customers on Kongregate, and vice versa.

Also, it's a rewards program to play games. You're not taking surveys or doing anything painful, you're playing games. As a member and programmer on Newgrounds I can say this concept is amazing. I wish NG did something like this, as it would get even more traffic. In all the time I played Mass Effect EA didn't give me one millionth of a cent, so enjoy it or go sit in a corner and pout.

I think it rocks.

Well it is a pretty meager offer, but no one's putting a gun to my head. I'm glad I get something for the amount of time I waste on Kongregate. The big bonus though, is half the time I already have the badge, and it automatically credits my account when I load up the game. The real shame is how little you get for purchasing games from GS compared to how expensive the rewards are.

i have 8480 in points, i need 20 more points to get what i want, i used what was stated in this thread, and im still shy 20 points, they say that if you have a reciept from gamestop, that they have a survey on it, that gives you points, does anybody happen to have a receipt that i can get the numbers off of to do the survery? please help me out!

bread's done
Back