Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes PS3 $21.79 with FSSS

hmm wondering if i should wait for it to go to about 17-18 bucks. Im pretty sure it will drop there eventually. I dont think it did so hot

I bought this game at release, and its the best of its genre IMO. If you like Dynasty Warriors at all, give it a shot. The roster isnt as expansive, but its so much.... better.... again, IMO. : )

Thanks a lot, OP; I've been wanting this for a while, and with Amazon credit I managed to get it for ~$13, which is a steal in my opinion. :applause:

I have a weird feeling that this game will quietly vanish, especially since you can't really get it anywhere else right now (Gamestop has it for $39.99/$32.99 new/used, but you can't order it online), and the lowest price I've seen is $19.99. I had a wicked time with the demo--Sengoku Basara seems like a more tongue-in-cheek game with more humor than the DW/SW games, which appeals more to me. ;)

I was afraid it'd go OOP so I jumped on the Capcom deal. Played my share of DW games but Sengoku Basara is one of the best, especially if you're into collecting stuff and over the top characters. Highly recommended if you appreciate the genre.

[quote name='TraBuch']Gametrailers ripped this game to shreds.[/QUOTE]

Games of this genre generally receive poor reviews. Anyone interested enough to pick it up probably know exactly what they're going to get out of the game.

I had to make it 25 for the free shipping anyways and this game seems to have a very limited print run on ps3 so I picked it up before it dissappears....

I love DW so I had too....

its not with FSSS dude, you should remove that from your post.

obviously you have to spend 25$ like with all purchases from amazon and its amazon fulfillment.

its not with FSSS if you have to buy other stuff with it, that much is obvious to any amazon customer.

[quote name='raccoon2k']http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/sengoku-basara-samurai-heroes/10201869.html

Zavvi.com has it for £9.85 (~$15.75) with free shipping if people don't mind waiting a little extra for international shipping (Zavvi is trustworthy, but somewhat notoriously slow).[/QUOTE]

It would be worth it if they didn't charge an extra £2.35 (~$3.31) for shipping outside of the UK (99p within the EU). However, as of 3-27-2011 monetary conversion: £9.85 = ~$13.86. So combine that with shipping outside of the UK, it brings the total to ~$17.17. Ultimately, you do save a few more bucks. Is it worth the wait? That's your call.

And while we're on this topic, Newegg still has the Wii version for $12.99 with free shipping if anyone is still interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
no im thinking of free super saver shipping which is what amazon itself offers on every order over 25$ so if its not free shipping unless you get something else then DUN DUN DUHHH bolded for emphasis ITS NOT FREE SHIPPING.

[quote name='retrad']no im thinking of free super saver shipping which is what amazon itself offers on every order over 25$ so if its not free shipping unless you get something else then DUN DUN DUHHH bolded for emphasis ITS NOT FREE SHIPPING.[/QUOTE]

You are obviously somewhat new here...hence your Aug. 2010 join date. So I will try and forgive your obnoxious behavior.

TC only means that the game is $21.79 and qualifies with FSSS. This is not a shock to us who have been here a while...but for some people, like you, it needs a more refined explanation. But then again, you decided to re-emphasize your ignorance in an attempt to justify your stance against the TC's wording.

That not only makes you appear arrogant and a noob, but stupid at the same time.

Remember this the next time you decide to make a post here...it will spare you the embarrassing humiliation.

[quote name='retrad']let me taste your tears moron.[/QUOTE]

This isn't Gamefaqs son...and be careful who you insult...as you shouldn't insult anyone here. You can be easily banned. I'll give you the same warning I gave to a past self-perceived brave soul. Save your testosterone for someone you meet in person...son.

On a side note...Hamm or anyone else, both Hit Gaming and NYC Electronics has the game for the same price (both fulfilled by Amazon). Which is the better merchant? Thanks to anyone for the input.

Last edited by a moderator:
you would be assuming and incorrectly i might add, that i care

dad

seriously a clown is a fitting image for you. I cant take you seriously

ignored.

It's only not free if you buy something completely useless just to qualify for FSSS. Do you really think people just add random garbage to their order just to get free shipping? Be serious, man.

[quote name='retrad']you would be assuming and incorrectly i might add, that i care

dad

seriously a clown is a fitting image for you. I cant take you seriously

ignored.[/QUOTE]

Then you have totally marred your persona here...you, effectively, by your own admission, are a complete and total useless case. Probably much like in reality, since you attempt to take your ill-fated aggressions towards people you don't even know on a forum.

Congrats!

[quote name='alanamaslama']It's only not free if you buy something completely useless just to qualify for FSSS. Do you really think people just add random garbage to their order just to get free shipping? Be serious, man.[/QUOTE]

Uh, people absolutely do buy completely random garbage to get free shipping. That's why there is Amazon Filler Finder.
People also buy things that they want, though, which is far more expensive than the shipping would have been.
Either way, Amazon is getting more money for FSSS.

I'm not saying those are dumb things to do, I do them all the time. I'd rather have a $1 book about Jesus or a $10 movie I actually want than to pay $5 for shipping.

[quote name='whoknows']Do I get this or Dynasty Warriors 7 this week?

I've never really played either, but in the mood for this kind of game.[/QUOTE]

dw7 has online, this doesn't. dw7 is $60, this is $22. dw7 has the best review of the whole series. so who knows.

[quote name='tfr']dw7 has online, this doesn't. dw7 is $60, this is $22. dw7 has the best review of the whole series. so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Online is the main reason I'm leaning towards DW7, even though it's 3x as much.

And have there been reviews for it yet?

[quote name='whoknows']Online is the main reason I'm leaning towards DW7, even though it's 3x as much.

And have there been reviews for it yet?[/QUOTE]

On one hand, DW7 is pretty likely to drop in price at a good clip, but since you're interested in the co-op element, who knows how long there will be a steady stream of people to play with online for a game with a limited fanbase? It's a gamble.

You'll have a hard time finding an unbiased review for any Warriors game, as they're often given to reviewers with an explicit loathing for the games and are generally written as snarky entertainment pieces for other people who already hate the franchise. They're of little help to those with a genuine interest in trying the series and deciding on their own whether or not it's for them. The best you'll probably do on a major review site is Destructoid's Jim Sterling, who, while usually a shameless shock reviewer who creates controversy to rack up hits, is generally Warriors-friendly. Player impressions on the koeiwarriors.co.uk forums might also be helpful.

Damn Im glad I hit up on this when I did, Prices are higher now with only a few left in stock...

I figured this game was getting rare....

Better get in on this before they go up more....

[quote name='Lord Hamm']Damn Im glad I hit up on this when I did, Prices are higher now with only a few left in stock...

I figured this game was getting rare....

Better get in on this before they go up more....[/QUOTE]

There doesn't appear to be a whole lot of demand for the series over here to outweigh its low print run. The previous entry in the series, which came out here as Devil Kings, can still be easily found brand new for about $12 on Amazon 5 years after its release.

bread's done
Back