Great. Anyone else having PSP problems already? (got dead pixels?)

norkusa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Just got back from the midnight PSP release at Gamerush, fired it up, and right away noticed 2 dead pixels on the screen. May not sound like a big deal but one of them is *directly* in the middle of the screen and is annoying as hell. Gonna bring it back tomorrow...hopefuly they won't be sold-out yet and be able replace it.

So anyone else get dead pixels on their PSP or have any other problems with it?

[quote name='chwang0129']i don't think you'll be able to replace it
check out this thread from the psp forums

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...ssage.id=249498&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

alot of people are getting far more dead pixels than you are, and the majority of the consumers are getting psp with dead pixels..

i doublt the stores or sony will let all these people return and exchange psps over and over again...[/quote]

That's bullshit. Most people returned their dead-pixled DS's with no problems, so why should this be any different? I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one anyway. Gamerush is VERY nice about returns on stuff like this, so hopefully they'll take mine back.

i'm getting mine at 10am, hopefully i won't have any dead pixels..

you guys think they'll let you return and replace it with someone else's pre-ordered psp?

[quote name='norkusa'][quote name='chwang0129']i don't think you'll be able to replace it
check out this thread from the psp forums

http://boardsus.playstation.com/pla...ssage.id=249498&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

alot of people are getting far more dead pixels than you are, and the majority of the consumers are getting psp with dead pixels..

i doublt the stores or sony will let all these people return and exchange psps over and over again...[/quote]

That's bullshit. Most people returned their dead-pixled DS's with no problems, so why should this be any different? I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one anyway. Gamerush is VERY nice about returns on stuff like this, so hopefully they'll take mine back.[/quote]

Maybe it's because Nintendo has Zero Dead Pixel policy. No wait, that can't be it. Wait, it is!

Chris

[quote name='b3b0p'][quote name='norkusa']That's bullshit. Most people returned their dead-pixled DS's with no problems, so why should this be any different? I'm going to try to exchange it for a new one anyway. Gamerush is VERY nice about returns on stuff like this, so hopefully they'll take mine back.[/quote]

Maybe it's because Nintendo has Zero Dead Pixel policy. No wait, that can't be it. Wait, it is!

Chris[/quote]

I just realized what I said after I posted. Of course it's different because it's SONY, not Nintendo.

Just checked the PSP board over at GameFAQ's. Seems like there is a ton of people getting dead pixels on their PSP's. Yeay, Sony! :roll:

I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.

[quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

wow.. dust too?
now i'm kinda afraid to pick up my psp..

[quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

wow.. dust too?
now i'm kinda afraid to pick up my psp..[/quote]

Meh, I don't really trust people with one post, or people on the internet in general for that matter.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

wow.. dust too?

Meh, I don't really trust people with one post, or people on the internet in general for that matter.[/quote]

But...they did register a few months ago, so it's not like they just signed up to trash the PSP or anything.

Hmm, I think I'll wait to pick up the PSP now. Also I have to wait because my manager is a dick and is only letting 5 employees purchase a PSP. Also those 5 names are being randomly drawn from a hat...how lame. I work at BB btw, so bash 'em all you want.

Any other CAGs pick up a PSP and having similar problems?

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky'][quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

wow.. dust too?

Meh, I don't really trust people with one post, or people on the internet in general for that matter.[/quote]

But...they did register a few months ago, so it's not like they just signed up to trash the PSP or anything.[/quote]

Very true.

[quote name='Chris in Cali'][quote name='chwang0129'][quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

wow.. dust too?

Dust under the screen was also widely reported.

I don't want to trash the PSP, but this is typical of a Sony console at launch. Expect issues to be resolved down the road.

[quote name='hyuga']I went with a friend and got 2 units. Dead pixels on both! There is also dust under the screen. Needless to say we will exchange them. I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]
you're joking right the problem is IT'S SONY! Don't get me wrong I 've owned both ps1 & ps2(fav. system this gen), but they really don't have the best track record when it comes to system not breaking down, I'm on my 2nd ps2 system, so I wait to get my psp for a while..(same with ps3)

[quote name='hyuga'] I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

HA HA HA HA hA, oh wait, you were serious, HA AH AH AHAH HA HA HA HA

So far the Poll on the IGN.com PSP board has 36% of buyers with NO dead pixels. Kind of scares me. I'm gonna pick mines up in the morning.

Two questions perhaps someone could answer...

Is there gonna be a 1-2 month shortage like the DS? Or does anyone think I'll be able to get my hands on a PSP before the end of April. I say the end of April because I'll be going down to Anaheim and would like something to do in the airport, airplane, hotel, etc.

Also, is it even reasonable to think that these problems will be resolved by then?

[quote name='js1']it's bound to happen with these systems, hell my sp had one when I first got it...[/quote]

Yeah, I had one on my first DS, but it was barely noticable.

Is this problem out of the box or something that happens with time? This just scared me out of getting one because I think I can really wait to play any of its games.

On a side note, I drove by Walmart, and Best Buy to find only a few (10-15) people in line. Sony really should have advertised more. I seriously saw my first PSP commercial today. I can't wait to get mine at EB in the morning though.

I had a dead pixel (actually a "stuck pixel") on my first DS. I literally drove right back to Target and the lady just switched 'em out for me. I hope its as easy for you guys... a dead pixel would drive me nuts. Good Luck to you ALL.

[quote name='exRounder']Is this problem out of the box or something that happens with time? This just scared me out of getting one because I think I can really wait to play any of its games.[/quote]

The problem is usually out of box, and does not normally develop over time. Essentially if it's perfect out of the box it'll stay perfect.

Dead pixels are created in the process of making the lcd screen, so you won't see them appear over time.

And every place should allow you to exchange it out if you do get a dead pixel. It should be considered defective, so it should be replacable just as if a dvd didnt work, etc.

A lot of people also had dead pixels with the DS's. By a lot, I mean it seemed like a lot, because they are the ones who said anything about it. I doubt it was a big perentage in actuallity.

You guys had me nervous, so I finally turned my PSP on (originally intended on letting the battery charge fully first). Not a single dead pixel here...phew!

By the way, I was easily able to pick up a PSP at the local Wal Mart at midnight. Only one other guy in line...guess I'll have to sell my EBGames.com preorder on eBay or something.

[quote name='bignick'][quote name='hyuga'] I expected more quality from a Sony product.[/quote]

HA HA HA HA hA, oh wait, you were serious, HA AH AH AHAH HA HA HA HA[/quote]

:rofl:
Exact thoughts I had as I read this...

[quote name='Zer0X1999']So far the Poll on the IGN.com PSP board has 36% of buyers with NO dead pixels. Kind of scares me. I'm gonna pick mines up in the morning.[/quote]

Yeah, I don't take that as a reliable number. I'm not saying that you should be worry free, there are probably a bunch of units with dead pixels and dust under the screen among other things ("it's a Sony product"), but there are many liars on the internet as well. I remember when the DS came out, there was a poll on this board about who had a problem with their unit (I think the options were none, fuzzy screen, dead pixel, and dead/pixel with fuzzy screen) and roughly 50% of the vote was distributed among the three problem categories. I'm not saying that's impossible, but it's very unlikely. When people on this board express great admiration for the PSP and insult the DS, then claim they own a DS, I take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure an IGN poll is even less reliable, but who knows.

Sounds like its a very widespread issue. You might have to trade it in a whole bunch.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesnt Sony's Manual state that Dead Pixels are Normal?

Edit: HAHA, there will be a shortage created because each person will have to go through 2 or 3 to find one that doesnt have dead pixels!

Yep the manual does say that some dead pixels are normal on an lcd screen! Screw that. They need to go with a zero dead pixel policy like Samsung has. My PSP, thankfully, has all it's pixels working like ho in an alley.

wow, a lot of people... well maybe not a lot, but more than i thought are saying they have dead pixels, my friend had bad dust under the screen that almost looks like dead pixels... i just did the midnight launch and work tomorrow, i hope im not getting a bunch of returns, we had one guy call in at like 1220 to ask if he could return his because of a dead pixel

For those of you who havent picked yours up yet.

Buy a warranty, and proceed to open and test each one in store, and have them switch it out right there and then. Make it a game, lets see who can get the highest dead pixel streak. If enough people do it, imagine the consequences.

I got mine 4 hour ago... and I have the same problem... 1 dead pixel rite in the middle...

this is bull shiet...

I'm really piss after all the hype.. and I expect everything to be perfect...

I'll be returning mine tomo as well...

Just got mine 2 hours ago. I got a dead pixel a little left to the middle of the screen. It only appears on black, but I haven't tried playing a game yet. Hopefully Gamestop will have enough PSPs to replace this one.

I cant believe they think they can just get away with this! They'll pay I tell you!

Maybe within a few weeks, given the uproar in the community and the media, Sony will probably have no choice but to reverse their decision to not give a damn about dead pixels.

In a few weeks of course, thats E3 time. Its time for Nintendo to put some nails in some f-ing coffins.

[quote name='Scorch']:rofl::rofl::rofl:

PSPwned!~@[/quote]

LOL Dude peope are gonna see that and start saying On Live all the time now. We got you to blame now. lol

bread's done
Back