Video Game Research - $60 Amazon GC

jordanv99

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Thanks for the awesome response guys! I've got enough responses for now, I'll post some interesting statistics here probably later today. Also, I will notify the winners in by the 14th so make sure to check your e-mails (including the spoof ones I'm sure some of you made for this :p )
I am senior at Saginaw Valley State University and am conducting research about consumers' video game platform choices as part of my honors thesis. I am offering a chance to win one of three (1 of 3) $60 Amazon.com gift cards or an equal donation to Child's Play Charity (www.childsplaycharity.com) or the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund (http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/japan-earthquake-tsunami-relief/) for participating in the survey.

The survey takes 5-10 minutes to complete (7 min 34 sec average).
Here's the link: ALL DONE!!! Thanks!

I would greatly appreciate your participation and honest, complete answers. Thanks CAGs! I know you won't let me down. :)

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me on here or e-mail [email protected].

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jordanv99']I am senior at Saginaw Valley State University and am conducting research about consumers' video game platform choices as part of my honors thesis. I am offering a chance to win one of three (1 of 3) $60 Amazon.com gift cards or an equal donation to Child's Play Charity (www.childsplaycharity.com) or the Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund (http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/japan-earthquake-tsunami-relief/) for participating in the survey.

The survey takes 5-10 minutes to complete (7 min 34 sec average).
Here's the link: http://atrial.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5szAtqySErknZnC

I would greatly appreciate your participation and honest, complete answers. Thanks CAGs! I know you won't let me down. :)

If you have any questions please feel free to pm me on here or e-mail [email protected].[/QUOTE]

Completed the survey, thanks!

[quote name='lingenfelser']Just finished it.
Did I imagine the 2nd to last page being a repeat of questions from the previous?

Thanks! Hope my answers help![/QUOTE]

I thought the same, but didn't want to question the OP. Good to know I'm not losing it.

[quote name='lingenfelser']Just finished it.
Did I imagine the 2nd to last page being a repeat of questions from the previous?

Thanks! Hope my answers help![/QUOTE]

The three pages of scales are pretty similar. They're basically to ensure that people respond the same to similar questions to make sure that there's not some comprehension problem with the way one question is asked which might give it skewed results. This way if the answers are the same or similar for multiple questions on the same topic I can say that the answers were relevant and people understood the question.

I'm done, though I feel like crap doing it ~_~;;. I write for gaming sites, so my numbers were really high... though I didn't really get to explain that so I just look like a loser. Oh well.

Hope it helps OP

You should update the odds as you can (based on entries/submissions). I'm curious to know how I could do as I just entered!

[quote name='jordanv99']The three pages of scales are pretty similar. They're basically to ensure that people respond the same to similar questions to make sure that there's not some comprehension problem with the way one question is asked which might give it skewed results. This way if the answers are the same or similar for multiple questions on the same topic I can say that the answers were relevant and people understood the question.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and that they were not just bluffing to get into the contest?!? I will check this out when I get home, thanks for the opportunity.

Did the survey, not a boring servey like I tend to find on the web. Thanks as well for posting it up on CAG.

If anybody is interested in reading up on some other video game research here's a link to a bunch: http://dmitriwilliams.com/research.html

[quote name='admiralvic']I'm done, though I feel like crap doing it ~_~;;. I write for gaming sites, so my numbers were really high... though I didn't really get to explain that so I just look like a loser. Oh well.

Hope it helps OP[/QUOTE]

No need to explain yourself, nobody will know it was you other than you! And you know why your numbers are so high so it's all good. :)

[quote name='Arakias']You should update the odds as you can (based on entries/submissions). I'm curious to know how I could do as I just entered![/QUOTE]

Right now it looks like there are 102 completed surveys. The max I can is 350, so current odds are 1/34 and assuming I get the maximum respondents then odds will be 1/117.

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Done. Whats the topic of the thesis anyways? If I could guess..... the effect of gaming on social lives?[/QUOTE]

The topic is consumer video game platform choice based on Uses and Gratifications theory. Basically, what do people who play games to escape their normal life tend to play games on? Do people who play games for the competition tend to play games on the 360? Do people who play games to make friends tend to play on the PC? Stuff like that.

There's also some questions thrown in their about social norms to see how much of an impact people's reference groups have on their tendencies to play video games and other random stuff that I thought would be interesting to know.

[quote name='Rhu']Did the survey, not a boring servey like I tend to find on the web. Thanks as well for posting it up on CAG.[/QUOTE]

Good to know! I tried to vary the question types a little bit when I could. Thanks for filling it out. :)

Completed the survey. I do a lot of survey sites normally so doing an extra survey here is never a problem as I enjoy doing them. Thanks for the contest OP!

bread's done
Back