XBOX Music Mixer $9.99 Amazon

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236048.asp

7.99 used before coupons and crap at EB.. used, of course.[/quote]

Does it come with the mic?

Mine came without it . . . called EB . . . they sent out an envelope . . . waiting for replacement . . .

Big pain in the a$$

Mine (from EB) came with the mic.
I'd imagine you'd be able to swao it in to your local EB if yours arrives mic-less

its good if you want to play music through that program.. its also good if you want to make 100+ soundtracks for games... its not good kareoke.. its actually pretty crappy in that degree and definately not worth to get it with the mic (believe me that part is OVER RATED).. so unless you want the mic just to say you have the mic.. just go for game only its all you need.

EDIT: .. but if its complete 10 bucks is a good deal.. otherwise just stick to 7.99 before coupons at EB.

Plus won't this give you the track listing for most CDs before 2003, or something like that? That could be pretty useful; I hate typing in song titles with the d-pad when I rip a CD.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Plus won't this give you the track listing for most CDs before 2003, or something like that? That could be pretty useful; I hate typing in song titles with the d-pad when I rip a CD.[/quote]

Actually, it reads the id3 tag files (i think) sometimes. I've transferred songs and gone in to name them only to find them already named.

I suggested to a rep that they either make a keyboard for this situation or have Live connect to the CDDB so it'll autolabel songs instead of us having to do it manually.

Hmmm, I'm always tempted with this.....

I can take mp3's from my PC and transfer them to XBOX, right? How does it work exactly?

I have my XBOX hooked to LIVE, so it's connected to my PC. Do you load the program on your XBOX and PC to transfer files?

Install a program on your PC, boot up the included CD on your Xbox, it waits for a connection to be established between the two and then the files you want are transferred. Nice little product.

Install the stuff on your PC. Run the program, choose the songs, hit OK. It will get them in the right format. When it is done, it gives you a 5 minute window to turn on the xbox, but in the game and hit import.

You have to import the songs from the PC to the XBox. If you want to use them in other games and not just music mixer, you have to convert them (which is an option in the music mixer menu) and takes a while. 100 songs from PC to XBox would take about an hour or hour and a half. I always wait until i'm going somewhere, then I start it and just let it go.

By the way, this thing is excellent for showing pictures/slide shows on your TV. My guess is that you need a home network to get the photos onto your xbox (i dont think you can use a CD)

You can even listen to your custom soundtrack as you look at your pictures.

For under 10 bucks this is pretty nice...I couldn't care less about the karaoke aspect but it makes doing custom soundtracks a lot easier.

I personaly found this product to be as useful as recycled toilet paper.

The only redeeming quality it has is it boots up, it was/is the most useless thing put out for the Xbox.

[quote name='Lina']I got it B&M yesterday, and just got the disk.

I only wanted it to put all my MP3's into games.

And it doesn't work. Sigh.[/quote]

It works... it's just not as user-friendly or as easy as one would think. I think it took me a couple hours before I finally figured out how to use the darn thing and got my mp3s from my pc to Xbox.

Darn... $9.99. I just bought it a couple weeks ago at CC For $15... should have held out a little longer.

Didn't work with a direct connection? That's odd. I would've thought my wireless set up would've caused more problems, but it worked just fine.

[quote name='Scorch']http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/236048.asp

7.99 used before coupons and crap at EB.. used, of course.[/quote]

It says: "This version does not inlude the microphone"
So if you dont need a mic save $2 but its also used.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Didn't work with a direct connection? That's odd. I would've thought my wireless set up would've caused more problems, but it worked just fine.[/quote]

My direct connection didnt work. I took an Xbox Link cable and it doesnt work. Im wondering though. Should I like turn on my xbox, then turn on my computer, or what? I usually know my way around technology really well, but this shit is pissing me off

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='SteveMcQ']Didn't work with a direct connection? That's odd. I would've thought my wireless set up would've caused more problems, but it worked just fine.[/quote]

My direct connection didnt work. I took an Xbox Link cable and it doesnt work. Im wondering though. Should I like turn on my xbox, then turn on my computer, or what? I usually know my way around technology really well, but this shit is pissing me off[/quote]

I would like to know how your suppose to conect it since my xbox is right next to my pc. Can I just use it to put music on my xbox from my pc and would the music work in other games?

it works fine, u just need to make sure the connection is the same, i had the same problem and it took a lot of restarting my PC to get it to work the first time, i got a xbox link cable and i hook it PC to xbox, what i did was first install the program, hook the xbox and pc up with the ethernet cable(has to be crossover for direct connection) then i go to import i think and hit Y, and the numbers xxx.xx.xxxx.x will show up at the bottom of the screen, and i restart my PC and everything is good and i can transfer it no problem

i got to many songs on my xbox now, u know how it says 50000+ blocks total, now under avaible theres an actually # of blocks i have left, i put so much music that i ran out of blocks so i had to delete some, so the xbox harddrive isnt as large as everyone thinks i guess, i wasnt even close to 10gb of music, only transfer about 3gb but i guess it changes the format to make the files bigger or something

and after u transfer it to ur xbox u need to change the files so that it can work for games, so it takes doule the time u think it would, but not as long as ripping the cd from the drive to the xbox and naming it, and all the files i transfered are name the same as the file name

Last time I got Music Mixer to connect to the xbox was before service pack 2. Now I can't connect at all. Anyone have success?

I've used this and I don't have any problems getting songs over. It takes forever for them to convert to be useable in games, but it works.

First run the Music Mixer PC Tool and select the songs you want to transfer. If you're using a direct connection, you may have to manually set the IP on your computer and your Xbox before connecting them. After they find each other the songs will transfer to the Xbox.

Once you've transferred all the songs you selected (up to 100 at once) you have to prepare the soundtrack for use in games by pressing X after you've selected the soundtrack in the Music Mixer.(it copies it to a different part of the hard drive that is accessible to all games, so I hear)

bread's done
Back