Cool/quirky internet stores?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Anyone know of any cool internet stores? I'm looking for a gift for my sister and she doesn't really need anything so I thought I'd get her something a little off-beat. I'm thinking of stores like Thinkgeek, Pop Deluxe or even maybe Tee Magnet or Etsy. Just something where I can look around and waste some money on something I think she will like...

Teefury.com New shirt every day for $10. Each shirt is only sold for 24 hours (save some random grab bags they do every so often).

If she's into art I love blik's wall decals. They have some great stuff, lots of different styles.

http://www.whatisblik.com/

Oh, and also, if she's into literature, check out http://postertext.com/

I have wanted The Great Gatsby for so long, and I see they've added Dorian Gray, which I would also really like. Unfortunately they're a little expensive for a poster, but totally worth it if you're into that kind of stuff. Also, the guys at Postertext are independent upstarts that have posted on Reddit here and there, so you're putting money into some good folks if you go that route.

Just some niche ideas.

If you can't find what you want on ThinkGeek.com for something off-beat, you're doing it wrong. It's been my go-to place for offbeat items for years.

Etsy.com is another one that should garner a look, if you're looking for something retro.

[quote name='shrike4242']
Etsy.com is another one that should garner a look, if you're looking for something retro.[/QUOTE]
I like the variety at Etsy, but it's hard to browse. They really don't provide a lot of filters. If you're looking for, say, a t-shirt, you've got to wade through 20,000 listings.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I didn't see any filters by size, color, style, new/used, etc. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate some tips.

[quote name='dothog']I like the variety at Etsy, but it's hard to browse. They really don't provide a lot of filters. If you're looking for, say, a t-shirt, you've got to wade through 20,000 listings.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, I didn't see any filters by size, color, style, new/used, etc. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate some tips.[/QUOTE]Etsy.com is difficult to navigate through, yes. There's a lot of clicking to find what you want.

ThinkGeek.com is very well organized and a number of their items are cross-listed in multiple categories.

Thinkgeek is pretty great when it comes to finding something, but I generally can't justify buying something from their shop. Unless their item is onsale, I tend to find it overpriced. Their sales are good, and they'll throw coupons around often, but meh. It'd never be my go-to store.

Back when I wanted that Battery Bracelet of Life +1 (could be off on the name), I just searched google a bit and found it 10dollars cheaper elsewhere. The Sun and Moon Jars? Picked up 3 for the price of 1.

[quote name='shrike4242']If you can't find what you want on ThinkGeek.com for something off-beat, you're doing it wrong. It's been my go-to place for offbeat items for years.

[/QUOTE]

Except odds are if it isn't a thinkegeek exclusive it can be found much cheaper elsewhere.

Maaaan. I want the Alice in Wonderland poster from Postertext.com. $20 isn't bad for a poster, but another $20 for shipping kills it for me. :(

[quote name='georox']Except odds are if it isn't a thinkegeek exclusive it can be found much cheaper elsewhere.[/QUOTE]True, though I go back to ThinkGeek for their excellent customer service.

bread's done
Back