Online PS2 Games?

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
Hello, I was just curious whether some of the older games that were mostly online only can still be played on the PS2? I know the servers are gone, but would they have patched any of them to only play offline? The games I have in mind are Steel Lancer Arena International, Phantasy Star Universe Ambition of the Illuminua, and Everquest Adventures. Can't seem to find much on them. Thanks

It seems to vary by publisher. I have found EA does not keep the PS2 servers up anymore (MOH games) Ubisoft kept up a server for 13 (cel shaded FPS) for quite a while - it might still be up. I think the Splinter Cell online components still work. I think all of the Mortal Kombat servers are still up, but maybe since Warner bought the franchise from Midway it's not. Don't know for sure.

The other problem is I found hackers playing maxed-out super characters on the Mortal Kombat servers. It was clear you are playing against someone on a PC with an emulator running cheat codes. Not fun. When you do find other real people on there, you can have some good matches. I think a lot of these players are in South America, too. A lot of the chat in the lobby is in Spanish.

Thanks for the info. Just picked these games up dirt cheap and I don't have my PS2 at college so I can't test em. Steel Lancer Arena International looks really good though.

bread's done
Back