GGT 98: 3DS, so hipster its never seen it before

j-cart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
3D? Hearing about is not the thing anymore. Seeing it, now that's hip.

Nintendo-3DS-Press-Shot.jpg

Buy me, I'm HIP!

j-cart be my steam friend and give me left 4 dead 2 please even though I don't know if you can because I have a mac ass hipster gay

Okay, I've learned to rim-rock the final boss of Hard Corps Uprising. I simply don't get hit in the first two forms at all, and in the last form, I'll at worst lose like 1 life. I'm so totally ready to 1cc arcade mode... tomorrow's the day I will attempt this.

[quote name='Chacrana']Okay, I've learned to rim-rock the final boss of Hard Corps Uprising. I simply don't get hit in the first two forms at all, and in the last form, I'll at worst lose like 1 life. I'm so totally ready to 1cc arcade mode... tomorrow's the day I will attempt this.[/QUOTE]

Stream it!

[quote name='Necrozilla']I got Assassins Creed II as a gift, but it has English/French dual markings, that's not going to be a problem playing it right?[/QUOTE]

It'll play fine, but it's a Canadian version, most likely. Which, to me, is unacceptable. fuck Canada.

So if you buy MK9 used, you need to pay $10 to play online.

My question to the devs, how's the online? If it sucks online, why buy it new?

/edit: Get your emo shit out of here JSP. I kidd. Ask your lady friend to help you out.

[quote name='j-cart']so if you buy mk9 used, you need to pay $10 to play online.

/edit: Get your emo shit out of here jsp. I kidd. Ask your lady friend to help you out.[/quote]

but your love is the love i waaaaaaaaaant

[quote name='j-cart']So if you buy MK9 used, you need to pay $10 to play online.

/edit: Get your emo shit out of here JSP. I kidd. Ask your lady friend to help you out.[/QUOTE]

Same stuff EA has been doing with their games: Bulletstorm and Dead Space 2 have online passes.

I don't really see a problem with it either -- buy a game used way after the community dies? No reason to buy the pass. Buy the game new, whether full price or a deal? Free pass. Only issue is if you go buy the game for $55 instead of $60 at Gamestop or off ebay. If you get it for $30 and it's still retailing for $60? Even if you pay the $10 for the online pass, you're still $20 cheaper. Pirates want to play online? At least the game cost them something now.

It affects me as a reseller of games, when I list my stuff on half or whatever, but I don't currently have any games (DS2, Bulletstorm, ME) that I plan on dumping soon... even so, as long as the buyer is aware that it doesn't come with the online pass code, I don't give a fuck... my prices will probably take a slight hit, but I'm usually more in it to get a little cash and get rid of games I don't play more than making my money back.

Just my $0.02 though. :cool:

Think in terms of actual online play. If the netcode is like MvC3 or KoF12, why bother? The netcode is complete ass. Now if it was slightly better than ssf4 or maybe even using GGPO, then hell yes, I'll buy MK9 day one.

Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm can survive without online. Fighting games need online (or be lucky to have an active community).

[quote name='j-cart']Think in terms of actual online play. If the netcode is like MvC3 or KoF12, why bother? The netcode is complete ass. Now if it was slightly better than ssf4 or maybe even using GGPO, then hell yes, I'll buy MK9 day one.

Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm can survive without online. Fighting games need online (or be lucky to have an active community).[/QUOTE]

I mostly buy fighters for the online. If they didn't have it. I would wait till they was cheaper to get them. If you ain't playing them with actual friends or online your doing it wrong.

[quote name='j-cart']Think in terms of actual online play. If the netcode is like MvC3 or KoF12, why bother? The netcode is complete ass. Now if it was slightly better than ssf4 or maybe even using GGPO, then hell yes, I'll buy MK9 day one.

Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm can survive without online. Fighting games need online (or be lucky to have an active community).[/QUOTE]

Yeah. DS2 didn't need online.

But they seem pretty excited with what they've done with MK9 online, so hopefully it works well. It'll at least have more features online than the typcial fighting game from what I've seen.

I just need solid online. I barely play MvC3 because the online is barely playable. If the netcode for MK9 is good, ill buy it right away. If it is ass, i'll wait, I got SoCal to play with.

Now that I got a PC, GGPO here I COME!

I think MK9 will be fun alone too.

But that's just me.

Also don't have a problem playing online even if netcode is bad because I don't really expect to ever win :lol:

[quote name='whoknows']I think MK9 will be fun alone too.

But that's just me.

Also don't have a problem playing online even if netcode is bad because I don't really expect to ever win :lol:[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I players fighters myself 90% of the time. And when I play online I expect to lose..

How was online play for MKvDCU?

Not every game needs an online component to it. Dead Space doesn't need online, Mass Effect doesn't need online, the list goes on. Instead of forcing some kind of competitive multiplayer, have co-op. Why? Because Co-Op's better.

Hmmm... so I was doing a practice run of the first 4 stages in Hard Corps Uprising, and I ended up absolutely crushing that shit... too bad I was playing in Rising mode and not arcade mode... even though I wasn't using any upgrades, it was still like... man, I wish I was doing this in the real man's mode. So I quit after those.

Seriously, if you like Metal Slug or sidescrollers in general, there's no reason not to own this game.

[quote name='KingBroly']How was online play for MKvDCU?

Not every game needs an online component to it. Dead Space doesn't need online, Mass Effect doesn't need online, the list goes on. Instead of forcing some kind of competitive multiplayer, have co-op. Why? Because Co-Op's better.[/QUOTE]

Dead Space 2's online is fun though. Really well done. Better than L4D online versus for sure. I just wish when you were human team, that the douchebags playing online would actually TRY to work as a team.

Not every game needs an online component to it. Dead Space doesn't need online, Mass Effect doesn't need online, the list goes on. Instead of forcing some kind of competitive multiplayer, have co-op. Why? Because Co-Op's better.[/QUOTE]

MK VS DC used Gamespy... That's all I'm saying. It speaks for its self. I've played it online before a few times. Sometimes its half way decent,but usually it played like ass.

[quote name='KingBroly']How was online play for MKvDCU?[/QUOTE]

Pure ass, I didn't have a single decent game. But they completely overhauled their netcode for the new MK.

Not every game needs co-op either.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Not every game needs co-op either.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I'm saying if developers want to shoehorn in an online component, go for a cooperative experience over a competitive experience. Why? Because the closest thing to a definitive cooperative experience online is Gears 2. There's a lot of room for improvement in that space.

Got a bunch of Miis via Street Pass today. ^__^ Don't know why, but it's exciting!

Anyway, main reason I got one at launch was because I'd almost certainly be getting one long before a "slim" version is released, so I figured I might as well just get one now. I'm not very good with waiting for games I want to play, so this way I can get whatever I want as it's released. Also, it is cool to experience a new piece of hardware first hand before everyone has already told you every little detail about it.

As for the launch games, I really don't think they are that bad. I mean, sure, there's no standout must-own title, but there's still some good games. So far, Street Fighter has been great, and I'm really excited for my copy of Ghost Recon to arrive since I'm a huge fan of Advance Wars type strategy games. Ridge Racer should also be fun hopefully since I like the series and arcade racers in general. There's a few other games I'd like to try out when they get a good price drop as well.

Also, the 3D has still had no negative effects on me, so I guess I'm lucky! Maybe more people will get used to it over time though.

Big $$$zeek was right. Every game needs multiplayer. Especially deathmatch.

And I'm not sure why SSF4 3D isn't getting more love. It's the *only* reason to buy a 3DS right now IMO, and the rest of the *exciting* titles are all ports and remakes at this point as well (again, IMO... BBCS2, MGS3, OOT, etc.).

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

And I'm not sure why SSF4 3D isn't getting more love. It's the *only* reason to buy a 3DS right now IMO, and the rest of the *exciting* titles are all ports and remakes at this point as well (again, IMO... BBCS2, MGS3, OOT, etc.).[/QUOTE]

Well the games aren't the only thing on the system. All the extras such as Street Pass and AR Cards are neat little gimmicks. They should at least provide some entertainment for a little while.

And like you said, "exciting" titles is dependent on what kind of games you like. For me, Ghost Recon Shadow Wars is something I'd be excited to play even if it was coming out on the original DS. Also, Kid Icarus isn't a port or remake, but I don't know how soon that is coming out. Plus I'm sure there's other stuff in the works, but we just don't have specific details yet.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Again: http://www.1up.com/features/street-fighter-ii-things-you-did-not-know?pager.offset=0
Cool article. Combos were originally "bugs". "It's not a bug, it's a feature" in action. :rofl:[/QUOTE]
I knew all of those. :cool:

Hardcore fan from way back.

I ate at Five Guys today for the firs time. fucking delicious. I got a double bacon cheeseburger, had them put lettuce, tomato, onions AND grilled onions, jalapeños, green peppers, and A1. Nom.

Yo J-cizzard, add me on Steam if you haven't. Steam name is the same as my XBL/PSN shit.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']
I ate at Five Guys today for the firs time. fucking delicious. I got a double bacon cheeseburger, had them put lettuce, tomato, onions AND grilled onions, jalapeños, green peppers, and A1. Nom.[/QUOTE]

I love Five Guys. I wish I had some today. Then I could say I had FG.
ba dum tish

Now I'm hungry. But I'm too lazy to go out and get Five Guys even though there's one 5 minutes away from my apartment.

I'm at work, once I get back, I'll add you suckas.

Five Guys is legit, but I got In-n-Out, can't beat the price point. At the same time if I want a gourmet burger, I got The Counter aswell.

[quote name='KingBroly']Instead of forcing some kind of competitive multiplayer, have co-op. Why? Because Co-Op's better.[/QUOTE]

Except co-op has almost no longevity, in games with no competitive multiplayer people beat it once single player (maybe again co-op) and then they are done with the game. Games with a reasonable sized competitive community keeps hype for the game alive long after the game is released.

I'm not saying that is what I look for in a game at all, but I think that is why game companies opt for multiplayer over co-op.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']And I'm not sure why SSF4 3D isn't getting more love. It's the *only* reason to buy a 3DS right now IMO, and the rest of the *exciting* titles are all ports and remakes at this point as well (again, IMO... BBCS2, MGS3, OOT, etc.).[/QUOTE]

But, I can play dem pokemans online now. :cool:
Plus I have plenty of DS games that I'll play on it, once you play DS games on the 3DS a bunch you don't notice the slight amount of blurring anymore.

I love 5 Guys. Probably the best fast food burger--pricier than other places, but worth it for the quality. And the fries are fucking fantastic! Love the free peanuts as well.

In-N-Out I've never gotten the fuss over. Have tried it a handful of times and it's just a typical mediocre fast food burger and fries IMO.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I love 5 Guys. Probably the best fast food burger--pricier than other places, but worth it for the quality. And the fries are fucking fantastic! Love the free peanuts as well.
[/QUOTE]

Yes! It's always worth it over any other fast food burger.

[quote name='dmaul1114']
In-N-Out I've never gotten the fuss over. Have tried it a handful of times and it's just a typical mediocre fast food burger and fries IMO.[/QUOTE]

I've never tried In-N-Out. I don't think they have them here on the East Coast.

[quote name='dmaul1114']In-N-Out I've never gotten the fuss over. Have tried it a handful of times and it's just a typical mediocre fast food burger and fries IMO.[/QUOTE]

Quality fast food at a decent price. Fries suck, but two double double and a medium drink for $5.50? You can't beat that price for fast food. West-Coast only :)

As for awesome custom burgers, try The Counter. http://www.thecounterburger.com/locations/

They hand you a list, you check off what you want on it and get drunk while you wait for your burger. Expect to pay $12+ if you are buying drinks.

[quote name='j-cart']Quality fast food at a decent price. Fries suck, but two double double and a medium drink for $5.50? You can't beat that price for fast food. West-Coast only :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just don't see it as that great a deal. Most fast food places are $5-6 books for a combo and I'd take BK, Wendy's and Hardee's/Carl's Jr. over In-N-Out's burgers based on taste.

Though I pretty much never eat at those places period. Five Guys is about as much as I'll willingly slum it for a burger--other fast food places only get visited when traveling or otherwise out of time and options.

Even Five Guys I don't hit up very often as if I usually just limit my burgers to places like Cheeburger Cheeburger or Pubs and other local sit down joints that have great burgers. If I'm going to take the hit in fat and calories I'd rather spend more and get a real burger than a fast food burger! :D

I like In-n-Out, not as much as Five Guys, but I still like it (I've only had both once).

Wanna know what's shitty? Freddy's, I've been to two so far and their "California" burgers are some of the shittiest things ever. It's just a mound of greasy meat that I don't even think is real hamburger with some "fresh" onions, lettuce, and tomato. Shit tastes bad even compared to truck stop food. They have tasty fries, though. I always get Cheese on mine.

You know whose fries suck now? WENDY'S! Seriously, those Sea-Salt fries suck ass.

I can't argue against your taste buds :)

I got a local joint called the Hudson House http://www.hudsonhousebar.com/photos.php?fk=13 Good bar set up (though only 3 beers are on tap, rest are bottled) but they have this amazing burger that has a pretzel bun.

Dude are making me hungry, I got a bday to go to later tonight. I have to wait too long to eat.

/edit: Best FAST FOOD fries= Del Taco. I'm serious, best fast food fries ever.

bread's done
Back