Sands of Destruction DS $11.20 @ Amazon

Kenshindono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I was buyin something and looking for about a 10 dollar item to get free shiping and stumbled on this

http://www.amazon.com/Sands-Destruc...C2YY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301560863&sr=8-1

11 bucks! thats a great price for the game. I actually havent played it much because i was going to watch the anime first but the bit i did play seemed like a pretty fun little rpg. I already have a copy but i figured id get an extra one at that price to keep sealed

okkkaayy.. am i missing something? I passed along a deal i stumbled across and i get insulted? o_O err, sorry for posting a link to a deal, i guess i'll try not to do that in the future.

Don't let those idiots bother you, op. This is a great deal, probably gonna pick it up myself. Thanks op. Don't get discouraged.

[quote name='Kenshindono']okkkaayy.. am i missing something? I passed along a deal i stumbled across and i get insulted? o_O err, sorry for posting a link to a deal, i guess i'll try not to do that in the future.[/QUOTE]

Don't mind the jack-asses, you're bound to run into more than a few of them on any Internet forum. Sadly, it seems that as of late, their numbers are increasing on CAG. Mods need to be a bit more vigilant.

Thanks for posting the deal, and also thanks for including the link--I've seen numerous "CAG Veterans" that don't even know how to do this.

Welcome to the community, I promise that not all of us are douches.

If it helps, I had this deal in my quick pick list. I was debating on posting it here. Only reason I did not was because I did not think was a good game. As fodder for prime is worth it, as you said. If it wasn't for the backlog of good games, I would of considered it. If anything it makes a decent present to someone.

[quote name='Kenshindono']okkkaayy.. am i missing something? I passed along a deal i stumbled across and i get insulted? o_O err, sorry for posting a link to a deal, i guess i'll try not to do that in the future.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the deal, OP. I checked my Gold Box and it was one of my Quick Picks, making it $10.64! I think that the first reply was referencing your CAG status, not that you did anything particularly "newb-ish".

As far as I can tell, you posted the link perfectly fine and this is a deal that many of us with Nintendo DS's are grateful to hop on.

Now I just wish that Radiant Historia could be found for below $20. :)

I was thinking the same thing about radiant historia, lol. I already have a horrible backlog as it is, but hell. If I never play it, I'll sell it 20 years down the road and at least double my money.

[quote name='xRemnant']If it helps, I had this deal in my quick pick list. I was debating on posting it here. Only reason I did not was because I did not think was a good game. As fodder for prime is worth it, as you said. If it wasn't for the backlog of good games, I would of considered it. If anything it makes a decent present to someone.[/QUOTE]

I was really close to jumping on this deal, but after reading a few reviews from site I trust, I realized it would've been a mistake. Sounds like the story is awful and the turn-based combat--which starts out decent--falls apart about 1/4 of the way through the game. Last thing I need is yet another JRPG that I stop playing a few hours in, so I'm just going to pass. If I really need my JRPG fix, I still haven't come close to finishing DQ IX.

Don't mind the assgoblins, sometimes they forget they're not on XBox Live. I'm ordering one, so thanks for posting this deal and welcome to CAG.

Thanks, op! In for one! I've been waiting on this game for a while based solely on the fact that some of the designers from xenogears were involved with it.

Just a warning: game is pretty mediocre. And when I say "pretty", I really mean FUGLY. All of the enemy sprites are tiny and poorly rendered, IMO. If you need to spend an extra $10 for Prime, why not spend it on a guide or something? A book?

This is just one of those games that really didn't live up to its potential....:puke:

i wasn't sweating StripesOrBars's comment he did say thanks, just mentioned i was a newbie. Spinnington was being a douche though, not really sure what his problem is. Seem to be running into several a-holes around here, i guess theres some on every forum. Anyway, like i said i only actually played the game for a few hours since i wanted to watch the anime before i played it seriously, but it was pretty good for that few hours. Certainly not as horrible as some of you are saying. (it definitly didn't 'suck ass' as DoK says) Maybe it really goes downhill later like AWRY says.

its got a 63 on metacritic and a 7.5 user score. Thats not too shabby. It seemed like a decent avergate little Jrpg. So take that for what you will. I think 11 dollars is a damn good deal for it. But to each his own, just passing along the info. Besides you can play as a pirate teddy-bear. To me thats worth 11 bucks right there.

On a funny note i had actually ordered a SECOND copy of this back when it was 14 dollars, not the first, i misread the 'you have already purchased this' message. I guess my original copy was at a retail store. I think it was on clearance at target or something.. so now i got 1 open and 2 sealed copies, lol. Ah well

Good price, but did some research and really isn't something I'm looking for right now. Thank you, though.

My backlog is of biblical proportions in all reality. This is even before you count my Steam library.

Not trying to thread crap, but I strongly advise people to avoid buying this game. Even at $11 it is borderline terrible. The main character is terribly annoying, the novel combat system becomes the most frustrating part of the game, you cannot move past voiceovers despite long delays between spoken lines, the game is almost completely linear, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I really wanted to like it, but by the time I made it to the final boss I was just praying that the game would end.

[quote name='sliknik27']Not trying to thread crap, but I strongly advise people to avoid buying this game. Even at $11 it is borderline terrible. The main character is terribly annoying, the novel combat system becomes the most frustrating part of the game, you cannot move past voiceovers despite long delays between spoken lines, the game is almost completely linear, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I really wanted to like it, but by the time I made it to the final boss I was just praying that the game would end.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info!

And thanks for the deal OP!

Don't wait until you watched the anime. The game is much better. If I had watched the anime first the thought of playing the game might have turned me off.

[quote name='groundskeeper']Don't wait until you watched the anime. The game is much better. If I had watched the anime first the thought of playing the game might have turned me off.[/QUOTE]

hmm maybe i will play the game first then, dunno. I have such a huge backlog of games and an even bigger backlog of anime to watch. i guess game then anime may work out better =P

bread's done
Back