PS3 DC Universe Online CE OOS @ Amazon (Lowest To-Date $38.14)

Muthafodder

Banned
DC Universe Online PS3 Collector's Edition Amazon

Currently OOS

Lowest To-Date $38.14

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA3kZMNR7lE

DC Universe (TM) Online Collector’s Edition for the PS3 offers the collector, the fan and the avid gamer the ultimate DCUO collection. Included is a DCUO limited edition Batman figure from DC DIRECT, based on Executive Creative Director and legendary comic book artist Jim Lee’s concept art for the game; The Joker's Flying Jester in-game Weapon System for Villians; Bat Drone in-game Weapon System for Heroes; a DCUO prestige comic of the game’s back-story as written by Geoff Johns; The Art of DC Universe (TM) Online art book showcasing the stunning art from Jim Lee and the team at DC Comic's Wildstorm Productions; The brand new DC Universe (TM) Online comic book, Legends Issue#0, with an original cover by Jim Lee. DC Universe Online brings high-energy action to the forefront with a combat system designed to deliver a fast-paced action experience with the extraordinary powers of DC Super Heroes and Villains at your disposal. DCUO offers a dramatic Online setting where players battle with or against their favorite DC Super Heroes and Villains including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and The Joker. For the very first time, players and fans will be able to enter this fabled world as an active force for good or evil. The action and drama will play out in such well-known locations such as Gotham City and Metropolis.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Amazon price matched Best Buy.
Has anyone picked this edition up and believes it is worth this price.

The last price I had notices was $77.47 thru Amazon.

id be in if it came with a lifetime sub.

i havent payed a recurring fee for a game since everquest 1 and asherons call.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']id be in if it came with a lifetime sub.

i havent payed a recurring fee for a game since everquest 1 and asherons call.[/QUOTE]

I'm against monthly fees 99.99999% of the time (I did opt-in for an optional monthly fee on one of my browser games), too much pressure for me and my cheap blood to play 24/7 to make it worth it. At least Marvel Universe (2012) will be free2play, I'm hoping that'll stick even if they eat up DCU's customers.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']id be in if it came with a lifetime sub.

[/QUOTE]

Same here. I liked the beta but not enough to pay a monthly fee. Ive never paid a monthly fee for a game and never plan to.

I'd be in at half this. The game is perfectly fine if you're into mediocre hero MMOs. Would play it a few times and put the statue on my nerd shelf.

IMO only two MMOs have ever been worth paying a sub. And they're both long dead.

Rumors have it that this game is going to receive a major overhaul soon, what exactly I don't know but things are looking rather grim for the DCUO

I just want the Batman figurine. I couldn't care less about the actual game. It's the monthly fee that pushes me away.

[quote name='abhinav']Rumors have it that this game is going to receive a major overhaul soon, what exactly I don't know but things are looking rather grim for the DCUO[/QUOTE]

It's not really a rumor, they already announced that they're merging all the servers into two servers (one for US, one for EU) for each of the PS3 and PC versions. So four servers total between both platforms and regions.

Take that as you will as a sign of the game dying or not.

[quote name='Tsel']It's the monthly fee that pushes me away.[/QUOTE]

It's probably only a matter of time until it switches to a freemium model.

From CBR:

DC Universe Online is basically dead; What went wrong?

It was recently announced that Marvel Universe Online will be released in 2012 which will be a F2P - Free to Play game (no $15 monthly subscription fee). If you can wait that long, that enables you to actually PLAY as the SUPERHERO themselves, rather than just creating the sidekicks in DCUO.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295467

Also... BEWARE since you cannot play DCUO with the PSN network being down for a month now.

So might as well wait for the $$$ to even LOWER.

:cold:

I went to go buy this today then realized that if I buy this, I won't be able to play until the PSN Store is back online. fuck.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']From CBR:

DC Universe Online is basically dead; What went wrong?
If you can wait that long, that enables you to actually PLAY as the SUPERHERO themselves, rather than just creating the sidekicks in DCUO.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295467[/QUOTE]

A lot of people are actually disappointed that you won't get to make your own hero in that game. Not sure if that was such a smart move for them since that's one of the main draws to the genre.

I just hope Gazillions f2p cash shop model for the game isn't any bit as restricting as what they did with Superhero squad. If it is it'll suck.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']If you can wait that long, that enables you to actually PLAY as the SUPERHERO themselves, rather than just creating the sidekicks in DCUO.[/QUOTE]

I can just imagine doing a raid with 35 other Wolverines. At least no one will be stuck playing as Dazzler in this one. ;)

I think at around $30 w/Batman figure is my price point. I played the PS3 demo and felt it was a lesser CoH. The extra goodies are nice tho, Batman figure is decent looking.

[quote name='gunstar808']I think at around $30 w/Batman figure is my price point. I played the PS3 demo and felt it was a lesser CoH. The extra goodies are nice tho, Batman figure is decent looking.[/QUOTE]

Me too. Hell, I'd even shell out $40 just because I have the amazon credit for it. $59.99 is too rich for my blood.

I noticed this has dropped a little further...$46.36
Has anyone noticed it cheaper lately?

Really want to pick this up...

I think this one is on the way down...now $45.20.

Thread Wikified so other interested CAGs can update with the lowest price...

There are currently 999+ in stock...can't believe they haven't run a LD on this yet.

Do yourselves a favor. Don't buy this.

You'll be paying a monthly fee for the privilege of beta testing the game for them. Your PS3 will freeze a dozen times per day if you actually keep trying to play it. Its the most broken game I've ever seen released, let alone charged monthly. It's a cool game, but I can't stress enough how broken it is and how little they give a shit.

I might consider getting this game since I have 5 people in my friends list that play this game everyday. It looks interesting but I wonder if my interest will last beyond the free trail but at least it comes with a cool art book and statue that I can display next to my other 5 batman statues.

CAUTION:

This game requires a mandatory 16+ GB Installation requirement.

- 11.4 GB for the 1st install
- 3.6 GB for the 2nd install
- about 2 GB for the 3rd install

Plus, there are now quite a few more patches that need to be downloaded including a hefty 3 GB patch update bumping this up to about 18 - 19 GB once all is said and done.

This can take anywhere between 5 - 6 hours to complete if not more.

:::edit:::

And to answer the post above, yes still $15 monthly fee.

All the collectibles look really sweet, but i don't really want the game.

The fact that they obviously screwed you over with a cardboard game case to prevent re-sale is messed up!.

[quote name='Viol8tor']All the collectibles look really sweet, but i don't really want the game.

The fact that they obviously screwed you over with a cardboard game case to prevent re-sale is messed up!.[/QUOTE]

Thats my only gripe about this CE. When I buy a CE, I expect the game to be in a actual case, not some cheap ass cardboard cover

[quote name='Viol8tor']All the collectibles look really sweet, but i don't really want the game.

The fact that they obviously screwed you over with a cardboard game case to prevent re-sale is messed up!.[/QUOTE]
You can't resell the game in any case (pun). It's tied to a one-time use code to activate an account. You can use it to install the game but you still need the code start the account, IIRC.

I wanted to play an MMO on the PS3 badly enough I tried this out but was irritated primarily by two things:

1) the shooter control scheme must not have been tested because electing to use it meant there was a conflict between the user interface and its functionality; and 2) nobody was playing - I tried entering queues for pvp and pve events without ever getting to partake (and this was not on a low population server). There was talk a long while ago about allowing folks from multiple servers to play together but it may still be delayed for all I know.

[quote name='Beorach']I wanted to play an MMO on the PS3 badly enough I tried this out but was irritated primarily by two things:

1) the shooter control scheme must not have been tested because electing to use it meant there was a conflict between the user interface and its functionality; and 2) nobody was playing - I tried entering queues for pvp and pve events without ever getting to partake (and this was not on a low population server). There was talk a long while ago about allowing folks from multiple servers to play together but it may still be delayed for all I know.[/QUOTE]

They just started a test server that merged all the servers into one on thr pc. So when that goes live it should help the population issues.

There is green lantern dlc coming out soon, of course you have to pay $10 for it.

The batman bust is from a series which i think retails at $70 on their own. At least the other characters used to i believe.

I'm gonna watch out for this. even though I wished they had a Superman figure iso Batman, I'd maybe pay $20-$30 for it and never open it..

[quote name='token2k6']I'm gonna watch out for this. even though I wished they had a Superman figure iso Batman, I'd maybe pay $20-$30 for it and never open it..[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Once this drops a bit further, I'll pick it up just to have it remain unopened on the shelf.

Thanks for the info, Nam. I can't trade the game in for anything so I'll be looking for signs of improvement. I tried working with SOE's support on the control scheme issue but it took about a month just to get the tech to realize what was going on so he could reproduce the issue... I just don't understand why anyone would want to shoot with a face button as opposed to R1 (for a toon focusing on ranged attacks).

I was all excited for this game before it came out. Just like others above me have stated, to hell with monthly fees. Never have paid one, never will.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Down to 40.85, edited but dont know how to edit topic title...[/QUOTE]
I believe you can edit it while editing the OP.

[quote name='HanawayCoca']CAUTION:

This game requires a mandatory 16+ GB Installation requirement.

- 11.4 GB for the 1st install
- 3.6 GB for the 2nd install
- about 2 GB for the 3rd install

Plus, there are now quite a few more patches that need to be downloaded including a hefty 3 GB patch update bumping this up to about 18 - 19 GB once all is said and done.

This can take anywhere between 5 - 6 hours to complete if not more.

:::edit:::

And to answer the post above, yes still $15 monthly fee.[/QUOTE]
I remember actually that this game was the reason I went and purchased a 320gb sata hd.

I never regreted doing the hd upgrade, but I do regret purchasing this game; it had so much potential but felt like an unfinished beta.

I also played the beta, and before it I was highly expecting it. Now I'm not that interested, so passing.

bread's done
Back